First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee LtdX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm looking at my options for interior bike storage for 2 gravel bikes (no dropper) and have reviewed the other threads on this. I've used the fork mount option in a rented stow and go minivan for road trips a dozen times and it works great and like the security ... but have a 4 dr bronco on order for some new adventures. Doesn't look like this will work without at least removing or dropping the seat post each time. Dumb question...but how easy would it be to take out a second row seat for for more bike headroom for the road trips so I don't have to remove the seatpost each time? Major task? Anyone doing this? Thanks!
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I used to have this setup which is similar to the OEM Bronco Sport rack. I made the mount using a Tacoma bed rail, just had to cut a few inches off of it. Mine and my wife’s gravel bikes fit perfectly next to each other but I did add quick release seat clamps so I could quickly raise and lower the posts to clear the roll bar. My floor is also a few inches higher than most because I have the slide-out tailgate option but it still worked fine.

In the end, I just went with a locking hitch rack. Way easier to mess with and accommodates my new electric mountain bike way better.

Ford Bronco Interior Bike Storage IMG_0296

OP
OP
Morton2020

Morton2020

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee LtdX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Picked up the new Bronco and test-fit the 2 road/gravel bikes in our '24 Wildtrak 4D Hardtop today - Not a problem with 2nd row seats down, not removed. Had to drop the bike seats, though. The larger bike is a 61 frame, so not small.

Planning a Sept trip to Moab for our Off-Roadeo and then 2-3 more weeks of combined road cycling, hiking and off-roading. We'll store the bikes inside on hiking, long travel or off-roading days for protection and security at the hotels and when on hikes. On cycling days or when the weather's nice, we'll just put them on the Yakima HD rack on top of the Bronco to get to and from our location -will be easier and quicker.

The board mount pictured is the one we have used in a rented stow-and-go van for our previous road trips ... sometimes we ship our bikes ahead of time if we are flying to the location, so the holes are just to cut weight. One fork mount bracket is blocked a little higher than the other (arrow) to allow the front bars to interlock and save a lot of space. I think I'll either use the Yakima 'sport' OEM rack (in the post above), or use the Saris triple track in the picture below and secure it to the cargo floor. Plenty of space on either side (and in a Thule box on the roof rack) for the rest of our gear. Should work well.

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4694.JPG

IMG_4695.JPG

IMG_4698a.JPG

Capture.JPG
Sponsored