Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a really clean solution! Quick search showed bed rail and rooftop fork mounts.. I'm assuming the bed one would mount better to the 2x8? Does it matter? Thanks for the pro tip!
This is similar to what I am saying. Just get the fork mount that bolts and mount it to the wood.
Ford Bronco Interior Bike Rack 1619625721487

Ford Bronco Interior Bike Rack 1619625744843
Sponsored

OP
OP
MostHumblest

MostHumblest

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's what I was imagining but not what I had found originally. Rock on, this is a great idea. Thanks!

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's what I was imagining but not what I had found originally. Rock on, this is a great idea. Thanks!
It works much better than lying your bike down as it holds it firm and upright. Worse case a bungee cord over the frame, or the seatpost to a point in the vehicle works for stabilization if needed.

Considering I ride over 100+ per year, and have a bike in my vehicle 200+ times a year this is my preferred way for transport. I don't even think I would get the optional fork mount from Ford as A)this method is cheaper and B) likely that only fits 100 mm front forks (mine range from 100, 110 thru axle, 150 thru axle and I needed different set ups for different bikes).

Likely if you don't know you just have a simple fork mount 100mm width and it will work fine.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roof mounts beware. By the time you put the rack on, that's a pretty high lift for the bike. Then there is always this...

Ford Bronco Interior Bike Rack 1619635404967

A friend of mine forgot his mountain bike and turned on a road with an immediate low railway underpass. Shattered the glass roof of his van and messed up the bike...plus they are still out in the weather, if you have good bikes you want to protect.

Sponsored

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes roof racks, versus inside versus hitch mount is always a question. I go inside first, then hitch, last roof.

I personally am not looking forward to the swing tailgate, as I hope it clears my hitch mount. Worse case I just get a drop hitch and call it good (for all those times I have camping equipment inside the vehicle and my bike(s) on the hitch).

When I do use the roof rack, I put a cone down in my garage space indicating that I should not drive in! Helps block it mentally.

Geronco

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki SV650
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just bolted some fork mounts into the back side of the roll bar…of course this was in 1994 on a 76 Bronco…

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried to get my MTB in the back for the first time and there's not as much clearance as my Jeep had since the seats don't lay all the way flat. Maybe others will have more luck but even with the dropper post all the way down I couldn't get it.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried to get my MTB in the back for the first time and there's not as much clearance as my Jeep had since the seats don't lay all the way flat. Maybe others will have more luck but even with the dropper post all the way down I couldn't get it.
My 29" Evil Following and my wife's trek made it in No problem in the soft top. Along with a ton of other shit. Hard top will have even more clearance. Just drop the seat post. I'm going to be making a fork mount for the back of mine shortly when I get my hard top.

Sponsored

stachequatch

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 3-bike hitch rack on order. While I wait for it to come in, I've been running this set-up and it's been working great. It's just two Husky velcro straps from the anchor points to around the fork and another strap (old carseat anchor) from between the molle panels on the front seats and through rear wheel.

I plan on getting a getting a fork mount to make this setup more secure. I also want to see if I can shuttle four bikes (three on the hitch rack, one in the truck) and still seat two people in the back seat.

Ford Bronco Interior Bike Rack IMG_0089

Ford Bronco Interior Bike Rack IMG_0090

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is my setup. New Bronco old school steel.

It's a factory rack from an xterra. It works really well. These old bikes aren't as long but plenty of room

Ford Bronco Interior Bike Rack 20221102_123216

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here's mine - I cut an extra bed rail from my old Tacoma to fit the Bronco cargo width. With a ratchet strap across the d-rings, the whole thing is solid. The beauty of the Tacoma rail is it uses t slot bolts and accessories so you can quickly slide and tighten everything where you want it. The fit is a little snug with a full size 29" mountain bike but I do have the added floor height of the slide-out tailgate.

Ford Bronco Interior Bike Rack PXL_20221231_055419082

Last edited:

CAbronco23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 3-bike hitch rack on order. While I wait for it to come in, I've been running this set-up and it's been working great. It's just two Husky velcro straps from the anchor points to around the fork and another strap (old carseat anchor) from between the molle panels on the front seats and through rear wheel.

I plan on getting a getting a fork mount to make this setup more secure. I also want to see if I can shuttle four bikes (three on the hitch rack, one in the truck) and still seat two people in the back seat.

I'm curious how this setup worked out for you. I'm looking for a solution to keep my mountain bike upright inside the bronco. Is the bike stable? It looks like it would just fall over. Have you tried anything else? Thanks.
Sponsored