First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes. Last few years. And used as a trim piece option and not to save weight. If a manufacturer can charge more money for CF as oppose to charging nothing for other different type of pieces than why not.

Well I wouldn't call this a majority of use of CF... It's a relatively new thing (~10-15 yrs) for real CF to be used for cosmetic purposes in automotive interiors.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only time carbon fiber drops weight when it replaces an entire panel like a roof, doors or when it is the tub. The majority of the time, carbon fiber is used as a trim piece option as a replacement for metal or wood.
Yeah, that kind of is my point. I think CF should be used only to replace entire panels, and that's about it. Adding CF as a decorative piece is usually tacky and not something I would normally do, but again, in this case, I think it looks great albeit at a pretty hefty cost for purely decorative purposes.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I paid for the CF package in my warthog and I had it on my GEN2 and my current GEN3 raptor. It def makes the interior look better.

The carbon trim on my warthog steering wheel is very nice. I say better than what bmw uses on their M steering wheels

But too much carbon in the interior does make it look too tacky like you tried too hard.

Yeah, that kind of is my point. I think CF should be used only to replace entire panels, and that's about it. Adding CF as a decorative piece is usually tacky and not something I would normally do, but again, in this case, I think it looks great albeit at a pretty hefty cost for purely decorative purposes.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I went through several iterations of the ā€˜Code Orangeā€™ products from StickerFab before they finally got it right: a darker orange as opposed to a lighter red. From the pics I canā€™t tell tell but Iā€™m still seeing more red as itā€™s pretty close in color to the ā€˜Performanceā€™ in the console badge.

Iā€™ve been hoping that they would get the coloring closer to the Orange hue instead of Red so I could purchase some other items. Not sure if theyā€™ve landed on a shade that Iā€™d prefer but good to see the accents installed.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Teejay3726

Teejay3726

Raptor
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands & 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I totally understand- and in a high performance vehicle that makes sense. In this instance itā€™s like any accent piece that is decorative. Obviously one could go with ABS that looks like CF, but I prefer this. To each their own.

In my badlands I have put BL orange accents, not CF. The CF fit the look for me in the Braptor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dom
OP
OP
Teejay3726

Teejay3726

Raptor
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In this picture it apperas that the air vent has the aftermarket matte carbon fiber, and is the catrbon fiber below it factory, on the grab handle?
Yes, thatā€™s the factory CF next to my addition.

OP
OP
Teejay3726

Teejay3726

Raptor
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I went through several iterations of the ā€˜Code Orangeā€™ products from StickerFab before they finally got it right: a darker orange as opposed to a lighter red. From the pics I canā€™t tell tell but Iā€™m still seeing more red as itā€™s pretty close in color to the ā€˜Performanceā€™ in the console badge.

Iā€™ve been hoping that they would get the coloring closer to the Orange hue instead of Red so I could purchase some other items. Not sure if theyā€™ve landed on a shade that Iā€™d prefer but good to see the accents installed.
Me too - I think this is very close. Iā€™m going to say they ā€œgot itā€ with the printed series option.

OP
OP
Teejay3726

Teejay3726

Raptor
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

do you have pics where you places the led strips under the dash and under the seats? any pics of rear seat footwells lit up?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Teejay3726

Teejay3726

Raptor
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
do you have pics where you places the led strips under the dash and under the seats? any pics of rear seat footwells lit up?

OP
OP
Teejay3726

Teejay3726

Raptor
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here is a pic of both doors open at night on my badlands. I installed the same lights in it the same way.

We ran the light strip under the seats along the seat rails on the outside rail of both front seats. That keeps the movement of the chair from causing any problems. The brightness is controllable via the app- this is about 15% - so they can get very bright if you want.

Under the dash I can a strip on each side just under the lip of the bottom side of the dash.

For me, the most important thing was not being able to see the LED strips themselves. I just wanted the glow- and they are plenty bright for that.

IMG_1131.jpeg

Beach life

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried the stickerfab overlays, they stayed about a week then started peeling off. I used a paint marker and it worked great.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I totally understand- and in a high performance vehicle that makes sense. In this instance itā€™s like any accent piece that is decorative. Obviously one could go with ABS that looks like CF, but I prefer this. To each their own.

In my badlands I have put BL orange accents, not CF. The CF fit the look for me in the Braptor.
The first real CF overlay kit I purchased was in the 90s. Real CF overlays look amazing. The fake CF overlays look cheap, and not like carbon to me. This kit looks really good in your Raptor. Well done!
Sponsored