Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Outsourced to China but retail pricing remains the same. I’ll pass and wait for prices to drop - just give us our damn tune and let me get on with my life 😛
Exactly!!
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Said it before and will say it again. CF is a advanced STRUCTURAL composite and excels in strength and stiffness per weight. It's also costly to get those metrics. It belongs in such critical applications, not as a fancy decoration.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Said it before and will say it again. CF is a advanced STRUCTURAL composite and excels in strength and stiffness per weight. It's also costly to get those metrics. It belongs in such critical applications, not as a fancy decoration.
Decoration aside, it sounds from your description that CF would make a superior roof for the bronco.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Decoration aside, it sounds from your description that CF would make a superior roof for the bronco.
The roof isn't really stuctural, the roll bar under it is and that is reinforced with a composite (pretty sure not CF, Raptor only). The roof is quite weak and flimsy due to it not being used as a structural member. It's really just a cover. This is also why (without the JCR roof rack reinforcement) the load bearing capacity of the truck with a roof rack sucks (110 lb dynamic).

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Carbon fiber is cool, but every time I see it on a vehicle, I assume it is fake. It’s so tacky when people put fake carbon fiber application everywhere on their vehicles.

Having said that, the natural carbon fiber parts look sick. But the kit is over half the price of a new Ford Maverick!

Just can’t justify spending that kind of coin on what is essentially a styling upgrade. How much weight are you really saving with all the parts? And more importantly, how do these parts hold up to abuse when off-roading?

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What part is this?

IMG_3390.jpeg
Is this a " wrong answers only" thing? I love those, I will go first. These are obviously lightweight carbon fiber dive planes that fit to the front splitter when you lower the Braptor for time attack racing.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any normal Bronco carbon fiber kit?I want to leatherize and carbonize my Wildtrak and would prefer a one-top for at least the carbon fiber parts instead of buying various parts and accessories from different vendors

Sponsored

D-Pan14

Raptor
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They look great, but wow that is expensive for some carbon bits. Smash one of those fenders on a rock or tree and the tears would fall. HA. I like the hood vent and the side vents, but I am not sure I could talk myself into the rest with that kind of cost. Now if I ever sold or traded in my Braptor and I could re-coup that extra $10k then I might consider it. Doubt that is the case though.

lethalchristy

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition, 2013 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any normal Bronco carbon fiber kit?I want to leatherize and carbonize my Wildtrak and would prefer a one-top for at least the carbon fiber parts instead of buying various parts and accessories from different vendors
Anderson Composites makes quite a few Carbon options for us "normal" Broncos haha. That's also who makes the Ford Performance stuff most of the time.

We carry the whole line at Lethal Performance.
Sponsored