Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want a soft top demonstration video. I don’t think I gained anything from the Thursday video besides slight bewilderment.
Yeah I want to know how the hell that thing operates. And that brand manager guy said there would be an electric soft top, too...
Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The inside of all the panels, MIC or Modular, are black with a honeycomb and glass fiber finish.
But don’t try to pretty that up with sound deadening if you have the 2.7, because fuck you...that’s why.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think they did it this was as more of a laid back, every-day person vibe. I mean, it could have been stuffy old guys in suits doing a boring PowerPoint from a boardroom while discussing the molecular density of the MGV vs. cloth.
They were in everyday comfy, outdoorsy clothes, in the outdoors.
It's probably a psychological thing to relate to the customer base and relate the product to a laid back, earthy environment.
Just a thought.
Not meaning to just quote your post here and seem like I'm arguing (not my intent at all, but something I see in their intent vs. perception)...there are several talking about it.
So I have no problem with a laid-back presentation - it doesn't have to be a suit and tie kind of thing at all. My problem was more video quality, and angles chosen.

I'll say overall I'm mixed about the video - on one hand, we now have far more information than we did before, so that's a positive. On the other hand, some of the camera work and presentation in general left something to be desired to put it nicely.

I do realize that it's entirely possible that they have not yet built EVERY combination available, making a full video of every combination impossible. I also realize there have been some franken Broncos built, which can be confusing if not pointed out.

Overall, the biggest things I was expecting out of this video were 1) material samples and 2) a sort of panorama view of what build combos they did have. We sort of got that, except the material swatches were mostly held at a distance, and a tease of panoramic views that then were abruptly cut off to show the horrible CGI B&P images.

Here are the biggest changes I'd make to/criticism I'd have of the video:

• Sure, introduce the presenters at the video start, but I do not need to see the people talking when discussing the specific materials for each trim. Show them when introducing the trim (OBX, BB, etc), but lay the trim's materials out on the tray and as they discuss each component of the trim's materials, switch to a closeup of the materials tray with them pointing to each material as they discuss it.
  • Scrap the B&P images where possible - as I pointed out above, I know it's likely they haven't made ALL combos yet, so for some variants, they may only have material samples, but no unit to show, so they have to go with the CGI B&P images - I'm ok with that where needed, but those images should be a last resort, not one you show on every trim. They're not accurate representations and go against what this video is going for - real, live views.
  • Video quality - I realize all of the models they filmed aren't lined up in a line in a pretty field, as I can see the factory yard through windows, but why are you filming something into the sunlight with a massive lens flare covering up half the screen? Focusing of the camera seemed to be an issue too. I'm not expecting movie level quality, but improvements could've been made, easily.
  • Include panoramic or still shots of the ones that ARE there. This is an interior materials walkthrough, yes? Don't you think people want to see the interior with the materials on the interior? So take Wildtrak for example - why would you zoom in on a seat, and then pan out to both seats and just as you start to pan left to show the dash with the sandstone top that I'm waiting to see, oh, time to cut the video! Show B&P image! Next! Just as they start to show what people want to see, they cut away?? Either altogether or to a B&P image instead of the real thing? For this video, I don't think anyone would have had any problem if the videos were exactly the same for each trim (a view of the seats, panning over to a view of the dash). While repetitive, it would've shown everyone what they want to see - clear images of the interiors in the color combos. One of the times they did this - OBX - they showed a franken one that had navy pier seats/doors, with the brown dash, without any clarification via a message on the screen to point out the incorrect combination.
  • Wheels add on? The wheels portion seemed like an afterthought and suffered from a "not my department" sort of thing.
Those were my biggest complaints/fixes I'd have changed on the videos.

lysergicfuneral

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier Super Veloce
Your Bronco Model
Base
One thing I've been curious about is the shifter boot, both for the 7M and auto. Is it always leather on every trim? Hoping that it's not for the Base.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The inside of the doors on the 2 door have exposed sheet metal painted to match the exterior. That’s pretty cool.
As long as you don't do this:

Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted 1603604830458

Sponsored

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not terribly disappointed just because the Badlands has the choices I want. But really disappointed in the overall interior color options.

I would personally kill a couple cows to get that Filson interior.

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Since my intent is to purchase a 4 dr my opinions of the interior choices have been focused accordingly. For example if I was to order a WT, my model of choice, how awful would it be to chose CO or VB and have to see area 51 accents and stitching when you open the door..... TERRIBLE.

With that said it's even worse for those of you ordering a 2 dr. I couldn't imagine having to see body colored exposed sheetmetal inside the Bronco clashing against most of the model specific interior executions..... TERRIBLE.

I think Ford should allow Joe Customer/Bronco6g forum access to the design team and focus groups who said these choices were appropriate. I would love to ask them what the hell were they thinking. Were these people walking out of the room high fiving each other thinking they hit it out of the park?

Ford had decades to get this right but oh what "they're listening". Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous? We're talking about Ford. One of the oldest companies in the country. This isn't some start up or some company that sold hamburgers who decides to start manufacturing vehicles. This is FORD!

The real question is who have they been listening to for the last X number of years? Those individuals should all be fired. Granted you can't make everyone happy all the time but there's certainly middle ground to be found. It's not rocket science guys.

#EpicFailure

Campinguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Porsche GT4, Volvo Cross Country
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a suggestion...order your Bronco with the standard cloth interior (no up charge for leather); then order a custom leather interior from Katskin. I did that with my Shelby GT350. You can choose from a great color selection of leathers, thread colors plus you can get what ever 2-tone combination you want. Cost is no more than the factory price, I think it’s even less!
Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted 58E4AEF3-8AB4-4188-B361-E450C6922C6A

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a suggestion...order your Bronco with the standard cloth interior (no up charge for leather); then order a custom leather interior from Katskin. I did that with my Shelby GT350. You can choose from a great color selection of leathers, thread colors plus you can get what ever 2-tone combination you want. Cost is no more than the factory price, I think it’s even less!
Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted 58E4AEF3-8AB4-4188-B361-E450C6922C6A
They just sew it and send it to you?

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great solution for the seats of you have the time and want to jump through hoops. Those that are into cars may find this appealing but how many buyers of the say 175k units sold want to jump through hoops after spending x dollars or even know where to find the product or where to go for the install.

How do you get rid of some of the hideous dash executions? Specifically in the UBX?

Crazy to have conversations about INTERIOR work arounds before production has even started. For the most part these conversations go way beyond personal taste. I'll never understand how Ford launches a mass produced vehicle and offers interiors that appeal to what I'm hearing/reading very few. Wouldn't more vanilla interior choices with available upgrade options been a better way to go?

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

why would you do that? You can cancel ANY time ...I assume up until Jan 31. Things have the potential to change. I'm really not sure where I stand at this point either.

I actually only have a couple issues

1) Lack of interior color on Badlands (I'd like a lighter color -- the white was so nice)...but I don't mind black/charcoal vinyl.

2) the fact they took the black hard top away...so stupid

what is this top? Is this another prototype top? This doesn't look like carbonized grey

Something you can't have!!!

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Really bummed that the prototypes that looked so good are not available.
I thought the white intertior/grey with the cactus grey was on point. And where is the white top option. Im grumpy. First edition has soooo few options.
It has all the options! Just none that are wanted.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what colors are offered on Explorer and F150? I tried build and price but it took me to the Bronco page and told me to hold my horses. Jeez, higher some decent frickin programmers already. And designers. Maybe Ford is doomed.
Sponsored