Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, I disagree... giving us that much power to customize a mass production model would delay getting my Bronco even longer. I don’t disagree that the interior schemes are a mess but I don’t believe we should customize it to the inth degree... there is always after market for someone who wants to Pimp Their Ride.
Sponsored

FTFRS

I’m 3 old fashioned’s deep from the debate and in preparation for B&P, and I was expecting the C&M video to be a bit lackluster and unnecessary at this point, but holy shit.

I’m not gonna rag on the presenters themselves, because it can take some time to be comfortable and present fluently on camera. I know that personally, because of a stupid project when I was in college. So they get a pass.

But this was seriously the best video shooting and editing they could get? This video was absolutely pointless when B&P is just about to drop, because you can’t see any good detail on the materials at all. No macros of the textures, half of the shit was out of focus which is pointless for this purpose, not much of any attention paid to lighting for the colors, etc. The CGI that we will get with B&P is every bit as useful.

The only redeeming thing to come out of that video was the surprise of the digital camo inserts for WT. Not everybody’s cup of tea, but interesting and unexpected regardless.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Biggest Win: Marine Grade Vinyl
Biggest Loss: Sasquatch Wheels on the Badlands

Marine Grade Vinyl is amazing. The cloth interiors were all horrible and reeked of Ford Fiesta quality. What a disgrace. So happy to be getting the Vinyl.

I absolutely despise the silver "beauty ring" around the Badlands wheels. Who the hell wants that ugly silver ring around the wheels. I hate it. Apparently, the Wildtrak is the only trim to get the all black wheels.

I'm thinking that I will keep the badlands to get the interior and capabilities and then look into swapping the silver rings or painting them black.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had forgotten about that.

Two thoughts....

1) It’s very possible that GY hasn’t made any of the de-branded tires yet. I doubt Ford has consumed enough of these tires to warrant a production run. (Note: it’s simply popping out a plate in the mold and running it with a blank plate in its place)

2)I’m actually shocked that they’re even doing this. I worked for GY in their manufacturing plants 10 years ago. Coming out of the 2008 recession we determined that one of the biggest drivers of inventory was these “special” request tires for a specific model. We put our foot down with the automakers and said here’s what we make, take it or leave it. Saved the company 100’s of millions of dollars. Can’t believe they’ve backtracked.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m 3 old fashioned’s deep from the debate and in preparation for B&P, and I was expecting the C&M video to be a bit lackluster and unnecessary at this point, but holy shit.

I’m not gonna rag on the presenters themselves, because it can take some time to be comfortable and present fluently on camera. I know that personally, because of a stupid project when I was in college. So they get a pass.

But this was seriously the best video shooting and editing they could get? This video was absolutely pointless when B&P is just about to drop, because you can’t see any good detail on the materials at all. No macros of the textures, not much of any attention paid to lighting for the colors, etc. The CGI that we will get with B&P is every bit as useful.

The only redeeming thing to come out of that video was the surprise of the digital camo inserts for WT. Not everybody’s cup of tea, but interesting and unexpected regardless.
I nearly lost an arm watching this. My wife is an L&D content designer with an emphasis on Video Production and Voice Over.

That's all I can legally say, thank you. Good night.

Xplrgrl

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Patriot SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The negativity here is actually so surprising. Now I do wish the sandstone was available across the board, but the other colors are not nearly as bad as some of you make it sound. I’ve never seen a group of (mostly) men cry as much as I’ve seen here today ???

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, I think the Wildtrack cloth options suck, but that’s because I hate cloth seats. I was holding out hope that Ford was going to pull off some miracle like that awesome concept light gray material.

For me, it’s down to Badlands vinyl or Wildcat leather (which might be competitive on price with the MIC discount... still super excited about that as I like the gray better on my favorite colors).
The MIC only looks decent on Area 51, until it fades.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm willing to trade my gray grab handles to anyone with grabber blue or Area 51 colored ones.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But this was seriously the best video shooting and editing they could get? This video was absolutely pointless when B&P is just about to drop, because you can’t see any good detail on the materials at all. No macros of the textures, not much of any attention paid to lighting for the colors, etc. The CGI that we will get with B&P is every bit as useful.

This was my takeaway as well. At the very least, they could have easily inserted stills of "theme boards" for each trim -design studios have these that quickly show rendering of interior and provide material samples. I know these have to exist somewhere within Dearborn. And the way the wheel overview was tacked on...yikes.

Remind me again what Ford's paying Jackson-Dawson for?