First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, some setup ! A little pricey for sure but seems to do a damn good job. Love how it can be throw up and taken down so easily.

Are you running this Redone17 ? Wondering how bad the tips bounce around during transport.
I’ll let you know! It should ship this week. I have a JTops, so I expect the tips to rest on that nicely. So sick of my rods flying around. I’ve tried all sort of strapping and positioning.

The fact that it’s so easily installed and removed and can be used in various vehicles really won me over. It’s expensive, but can be more widely used than something Bronco specific.

OP
OP

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please update us once you have it. I really like the fact you don't need a front support (even if it is just a bungee cord) but still concerned the tips will bounce around too much without some sort of support up front.
Easy in and out too so can yank it out when you need to.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This thing is SOLID. So far, I’m a very happy camper. I’ve been pining for this solution for nearly 3 years. I feel like the rod holders themselves are a tad bulky, but, perhaps they’re designed that way for a reason after extensive testing. But, one thing I can say is the rods are 100% stationary. They don’t even rotate or shift around at all. Super impressed with that.

Install was seriously 10 minutes tops and that was learning how it works. The fact that it’s so easily installed/removed and incredibly light - wins me over from some of the other options I was considering.

Perhaps I can rotate the unit a tad so the tips rest on the JTops a bit more. But, I’ll report back on bouncing/noise after our trip to VT this weekend.

I thought it might annoy me to lose visibility - but, it’s not bad at all and I get to peep my rigs and remind myself that I should fish every moment I can. Haha.

Ford Bronco Interior fishing rod rack IMG_5995

Ford Bronco Interior fishing rod rack IMG_5996

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This thing is SOLID. So far, I’m a very happy camper. I’ve been pining for this solution for nearly 3 years. I feel like the rod holders themselves are a tad bulky, but, perhaps they’re designed that way for a reason after extensive testing. But, one thing I can say is the rods are 100% stationary. They don’t even rotate or shift around at all. Super impressed with that.

Install was seriously 10 minutes tops and that was learning how it works. The fact that it’s so easily installed/removed and incredibly light - wins me over from some of the other options I was considering.

Perhaps I can rotate the unit a tad so the tips rest on the JTops a bit more. But, I’ll report back on bouncing/noise after our trip to VT this weekend.

I thought it might annoy me to lose visibility - but, it’s not bad at all and I get to peep my rigs and remind myself that I should fish every moment I can. Haha.

I like having mine all run up the middle so they're not right above our heads. Are the hanger adjustable at all? Can you bend them so the rod tips converge rather than running straight forward?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like having mine all run up the middle so they're not right above our heads. Are the hanger adjustable at all? Can you bend them so the rod tips converge rather than running straight forward?
You can adjust them closer together, but you can’t rotate them in. Dead blow hammer and they move along the aluminum shaft. I’m sure some fine tuning will occur. But, just got done with a 3+ hr drive to VT and there was zero noise or rattle and the rods didn’t move at all. I didn’t notice the rod tips for a second above our heads. But, perhaps a back seat passenger would. I’ll report back on that.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can adjust them closer together, but you can’t rotate them in. Dead blow hammer and they move along the aluminum shaft. I’m sure some fine tuning will occur. But, just got done with a 3+ hr drive to VT and there was zero noise or rattle and the rods didn’t move at all. I didn’t notice the rod tips for a second above our heads. But, perhaps a back seat passenger would. I’ll report back on that.
Also drove about 3 hours today, and I have to admit that my tips rattled the whole way down I-40 since it's basically paved in potholes in west NM.

PXL_20240330_131413842.jpg

PXL_20240330_131435989.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to hear they worked well for you on the maiden trip ! No tip bounce is impressive, one of the things I was interested in hearing about.

Are they easily adjustable on the shaft or does it require a hammer each time ? Deciding if I need the 4 rod carrier vs the 2 rod but would get the 4 rod if I could slide two of them to the ends when I'm only carrying 2 rods and then slide them back if I need them.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad to hear they worked well for you on the maiden trip ! No tip bounce is impressive, one of the things I was interested in hearing about.

Are they easily adjustable on the shaft or does it require a hammer each time ? Deciding if I need the 4 rod carrier vs the 2 rod but would get the 4 rod if I could slide two of them to the ends when I'm only carrying 2 rods and then slide them back if I need them.
Just to be clear, there is movement up and down (any good rod has sensitive action) but, zero side to side movement. Which was the main problem that this solved. I’m certain that tip bounce can be limited by rotating the mount back so that the tips have more pressure on the roof. It works out real well with a taut bimini top in place (but, I would certainly suggest at least having a headliner). I don’t recall if the crossmembers of the soft top would cause any tapping noise issues…

I’d say you want to find a configuration and stick with it. They certainly won’t slide by hand. If they did, there would be movement while driving off-road and bumping around. At the very least you’ll need to remove the mount from the vehicle and adjust each time.

OP
OP

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update redone17. I expect some tip movement but was wondering if they bounce around enough to need a bungee or something up front to reduce the bouncing. Really looking to avoid that.
Figured they didn't slide too easy on the rod, would've been nice if there was some way of adjusting.

All in all, even though a little pricey, looks like a good option.
Sponsored