Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would have loved to see this plus a tailgate on the Bronco 6g. Considering we're stuck with the swing gate it doesn't make much sense to eat into the cargo area.

Edit: I think it influences departure angle? Saw a video here of someone lead footing around and had the spare shatter the rear window.

Thanks for sharing though OP!
Ouch, now that you mention it, I remember that, too. Hard to imagine, tho'...it sits up so high that you'd have to come down a wall....or maybe back into a tree branch up high....in any event....

OP
OP
bronco_billy

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
bronco_billy

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Let me be the first to go: "But why?" Why would you take up that much valuable interior space? These are not space saver tires! lol
Good question. As noted earlier, this is not for everyone. Specifically, this is my setup when I tow my camper. Most of the gear goes in the trailer. The wife and the dog go in the back!😁

Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This solution is not for everyone. Wanted to store the spare inside while towing the camper. Didn’t want to put it on the roof. I mounted a truck bed carrier to my Diabolical drawer top. Further secured it with two ratchet straps. She’s solid and the stock BB rim and tire fit perfectly, no rubbing with the back seats up or down on my four door. Cheers!
Ford Bronco Interior Spare Tire Storage Solution IMG_4588
Well done! Personally though I don't get it. The outboard spare is Part of the Bronco look and there's already too little storage inside. But as everything else we all have different needs and the wide range of setups is in yrue Bronco spirit.

OP
OP
bronco_billy

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well done! Personally though I don't get it. The outboard spare is Part of the Bronco look and there's already too little storage inside. But as everything else we all have different needs and the wide range of setups is in yrue Bronco spirit.
I totally get that! My only reason for removing the spare was because my trailer’s powered tongue jack was way too close for comfort, even after I turned it 180 degrees. I didn’t want to use a receiver extension either sine I was already pushing the tongue weight limits.
I must say the DV8 spare tire delete is growing on me. To each their own! Cheers!
Ford Bronco Interior Spare Tire Storage Solution IMG_2617

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good question. As noted earlier, this is not for everyone. Specifically, this is my setup when I tow my camper. Most of the gear goes in the trailer. The wife and the dog go in the back!😁
How do you like your Hooke road shelf? I’ve been debating between that one and the one from rockhard 4x4 because of the way they mount. Clearly you aren’t able to use it when the spare is inside.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally get that! My only reason for removing the spare was because my trailer’s powered tongue jack was way too close for comfort, even after I turned it 180 degrees. I didn’t want to use a receiver extension either sine I was already pushing the tongue weight limits.
I must say the DV8 spare tire delete is growing on me. To each their own! Cheers!
Ford Bronco Interior Spare Tire Storage Solution IMG_2617
Very clean look!

Sponsored
OP
OP
bronco_billy

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How do you like your Hooke road shelf? I’ve been debating between that one and the one from rockhard 4x4 because of the way they mount. Clearly you aren’t able to use it when the spare is inside.
I love it. Very solid shelf. I chose the smaller shelf as you mention because of the way it mounts to the cage. I debated between the rock hard as well. I was hesitant to go with the other option as it sits on the lip of the shell. I was missing the cargo net and their customer service team was prompt and followed up several times until it was delivered. Very pleased with the product and service!

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing an alternative setup. It’s good to have extra options. Seems you have a unique case that warrants this need.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://www.canvasback.com

Great stuff, excellent quality. I used their seat back covers as well as their rear door covers to keep the pup from scratching everything up.
I would be interested in seeing up close photos of the side and seat back covers. Perhaps, start a separate thread just reviewing those items?

Jwells104

Wildtrak
First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@bronco_billy Great idea! Also, where did get the side cargo protectors? I have some from Mabett but looking for some that go higher like yours.

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@bronco_billy What tire size are you running? I plan to do a similar arrangement once my HE is delivered, and I'm concerned about roof to floor clearance for the 35" tire.
Sponsored