bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@bronco_billy What tire size are you running? I plan to do a similar arrangement once my HE is delivered, and I'm concerned about roof to floor clearance for the 35" tire.
Stock BB setup. P255/75r17, 32. Since mine is sitting on top of my drawer with room above, I would think you would be OK since you will be on the floor. However, I don’t think it will work with the back seats up if you orient the tire the way I did. Mine it tight with the gate closed and the seats up. If you go east west orientation that might work. Either way storage takes a hit. Good luck!

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Stock BB setup. P255/75r17, 32. Since mine is sitting on top of my drawer with room above, I would think you would be OK since you will be on the floor. However, I don’t think it will work with the back seats up if you orient the tire the way I did. Mine it tight with the gate closed and the seats up. If you go east west orientation that might work. Either way storage takes a hit. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. I intend to pull the rear drivers side seat out and mount the tire more toward the front than you have. I like the idea of the drawer as a bsse too, since I am considering going down to a 32" tire as well.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally get that! My only reason for removing the spare was because my trailer’s powered tongue jack was way too close for comfort, even after I turned it 180 degrees. I didn’t want to use a receiver extension either sine I was already pushing the tongue weight limits.
I must say the DV8 spare tire delete is growing on me. To each their own! Cheers!
Ford Bronco Interior Spare Tire Storage Solution IMG_2938
If only you had a trailer to put the spare tire in.

Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I totally get that! My only reason for removing the spare was because my trailer’s powered tongue jack was way too close for comfort, even after I turned it 180 degrees. I didn’t want to use a receiver extension either sine I was already pushing the tongue weight limits.
I must say the DV8 spare tire delete is growing on me. To each their own! Cheers!
Ford Bronco Interior Spare Tire Storage Solution IMG_2938
That looks clean. Someone should come with an above window 3rd brake light relocation kit