Sponsored

Interior/wheels outside of Model Choices?

Kemoslobe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone explored or had success ordering outside of the model options? Or has Ford locked that down where if you like the Wildtrak interior you must order a Wildtrak to get it? I am finally ordering this weekend (with dealer) and have settled on Outer Banks. My ask is has anyone been able to order an interior or wheels outside of the model line? I do not like either the Roast or Navy accent interior choices the configurator tool displays. Much prefer the darker solid colors of other models. Same with some of the wheel options.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You have to work within the packages that Ford offers. No ale 'cart ordering. I think most of wish that we had the ability to pick and choose each option available.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would not waste your time putting in an order this weekend.
1. MY21 orders close out today.
2. There will be changes for MY22.
3. Orders can't go in for MY22 until Oct 13th. B&P may or may not be updated before then. Based on past experience, I am leaning more towards not.
4. You have to order by the packages. Ford has so many customizations on the Bronco, they had to draw the line in the sand somewhere.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to the club. Sounds like you want custom...
This guy can help with Custom.
%2fuploads%2f2018%2f08%2fdave-kindig_2054-1024x683.jpg

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a buddy that's been shopping around a little with Toyota and Dodge. Everywhere he's gone it's basically, we'll put you on a list, when we get something in, we'll call everyone on the list and ask if they're interested, if not they call the next person. No such thing as ordering for a customer, and everything has an $8-10k markup.

Point is, by ordering a Bronco you are already getting to customize your vehicle FAR more from the factory than a lot of other places right now. And purchasing any vehicle you always have to contend with some limitations by trim.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you want to select a design that works specifically for you by combining the exterior color, wheels , interior designs, etc., of your choice, you are about three decades too late. They bundle the so-called "options" now days and you get to pick a bundle. Or you can buy a base model and go hog wild in aftermarket changes.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone explored or had success ordering outside of the model options? Or has Ford locked that down where if you like the Wildtrak interior you must order a Wildtrak to get it? I am finally ordering this weekend (with dealer) and have settled on Outer Banks. My ask is has anyone been able to order an interior or wheels outside of the model line? I do not like either the Roast or Navy accent interior choices the configurator tool displays. Much prefer the darker solid colors of other models. Same with some of the wheel options.
All the fun aside, some members here ordered basic seat materials, and then went with aftermarket leather seat coverings as a way of spicing up the car. It seemed to cost about $2,000 a car for leather seat coverings, chosen to match the vehicles interior surface coverings. Its a way to customize. I paid about that for the OEM leather seats which come with electric 8-way adjustability, the Roast on my OBX. I've found over the years with Ford that the best way to get a comfortable seat as a tall person is to get the electric adjustability. Each one of us has those things we just have to have.

Keep in mind that the Bronco is designed to get wet and dirty, and that drove material choices. Therefore, only a few versions of a few 4 door models have electric seats, and only on vinyl/leather, not cloth (water).

At this point in time, I think my car color is the best ever. Just release it from Purgatory so I can drive it!

Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup, just walk down to the dealership and point out exactly what you want from the models available and they will put together any combination you want.

If they are unwilling to do that, find a better dealership who will!
Ask for the Johnny Cash special.

OP
OP

Kemoslobe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would not waste your time putting in an order this weekend.
1. MY21 orders close out today.
2. There will be changes for MY22.
3. Orders can't go in for MY22 until Oct 13th. B&P may or may not be updated before then. Based on past experience, I am leaning more towards not.
4. You have to order by the packages. Ford has so many customizations on the Bronco, they had to draw the line in the sand somewhere.
Confirmed this with my dealer today. Thanks so much
Sponsored