Sponsored

Is anyone else debating between builds on the opposite end of the spectrum?

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm there to a lesser extent. Mine is between the BD and Base. I know I don't need the BL, I will simply never do what its built for.

About to retire, have the funds to kind of get whatever one I want I guess, for the first time in my life, actually ordering the car I want, and I'm looking at the base and Auxiliary switches for goodness sakes. My wife thinks I'm being a total moron (often the case for a self described smart guy).

The BD build is ready to take on all the challenges I will likely never do. haha.

I keep looking at my JKU, and thinking, will that extra stuff make me any happier? Wish I knew the answer, but I really think I do.

Its hell being a old cheap guy.

Edit:

As a side not, my very well off tennis partner just leased a base JK. She has had this goofy grin on her face for 3 months now. Never drives her very nice Lexus anymore, says she doesn't miss a single luxury thing about it.
Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base Squatch, BD w/Mid, or Outerbanks with AoD and Lux... 40~k for the Base/BD or 46k for the OB... I'm all over the place, it's more than I'm comfortable spending. Dave Ramsey would not be proud lol

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

48k for the BDsqatch or 41k for a v6 basesqtatch put me back to 33k for a beach beater base with v6

this is a second vehicle for me- I don’t need the bells and whistles or capabilities

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
before we ever had the B&P I was budgeting myself for a $45k Bronco. Any more than that and It pushes me away from a 4x4 to a “fast” car. I’m not really a truck person with one major exception... I Surf Fish 100+ trips a year and can’t get on the beach in a car. I wanted a reasonably priced Bronco for beach duty.

When I priced a 4 door Badlands it was like $55k?, then I found out about Manual Sasquatch and have been 2 Dr Basemansquatch for under $40k

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s where I am:

2door BL with manual, mid and mod roof. But if I want auto:
2door OBX with auto 4x4, rear diff, 4.27 gearing and aftermarket tires. I toyed with the idea of LUX, but it’s not worth it to me. I’d rather upgrade to the mod roof. But my budget build would be:
2door BB, manual, Squatch with heated sandstone seats, sig lights, aux switches and aftermarket mods to be determined later.

If I don’t just keep my Tundra and roll all windows down and open the moonroof to fake that open air ride experience.

Sponsored

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm just between a 2 door Black Diamond and a 2 door Badlands. Just trying to figure out if I want the Sas Black Diamond more than the High / Lux Badlands.

Leaning towards the Black Diamond currently.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been holding firm on getting a BL for the past several months.

But the thing that got me started on all of this a few years ago was my want for a project vehicle. An older jeep or Bronco. Something that doesn't need a lot of work, but something that I can tweak and accessorize. Something that I can take the top off in summer and get through the snow in winter.

The Bronco base fits that bill. And I'm really tempted to get a base and start the mods.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been holding firm on getting a BL for the past several months.

But the thing that got me started on all of this a few years ago was my want for a project vehicle. An older jeep or Bronco. Something that doesn't need a lot of work, but something that I can tweak and accessorize. Something that I can take the top off in summer and get through the snow in winter.

The Bronco base fits that bill. And I'm really tempted to get a base and start the mods.
I'm in for a Base SAS even with the updated price I think it's still a good deal. We (well most) all knew the 10A wasn't going to be free! Now if they have more increases my other option is to just get a Base and like you mod it from there. I won't be doing any crazy rock crawling and the SAS is overkill but it was/is still a good deal. This is just a toy for me which is starting to get out of hand financially for my intended use.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not been debating this. I wanted a fully loaded Badlands Sasquatch with all of the comfort goodies right from the start. Like my Warrant Officer used to say, "Any idiot can be uncomfortable." As far as capability, I am just fine with the way it comes.

ssbronco

Base
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was debating between a 2 dr. base -sasquatch, 2.7, auto and a 2 dr. base 2.3, manual and changing the tires to BFG K02s (265/75R/16) with a 31.7" OD that will fit on the stock silver painted steel wheels. The base-sasquatch was a good deal at around $38M. Still decent at a bit over $40M, but my base 2.3, manual build comes in at around $32M including the tire change. That's hard to pass up and better suits our need. My 5'2" wife can drive manual and the lower step in height without sasquatch would be easier for her. The Bronco is a daily driver/grocery getter for us. Only vehicle, so it has to suit that need more than off-road. Mostly need 4WD for northern OH winter with our 250-300' uphill curving driveway. We're both pretty old school - don't need a ton of creature comforts. Our last utility vehicles were CJ-5s back in the 70's (the last real Jeep), so the new Bronco should be quite a step up from that in comfort (do need ApplePlay) and drivability. Not sure how we got to 35" tire diameters - our CJ5s had 29" and 30" tires on 15" wheels and went anywhere we needed them to go. No, didn't go out west to climb boulders, but mud, dirt roads, etc, they were just fine.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
YOLO......why spend $28,500 MSRP when you can sink $60k in a factory build?
Sponsored