Sponsored

Is Portland the new Westcoast "XXMountain"?

CaBroncoDave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey guys

My Wildtrak with blend date of 4/26 shipped in July from MAP heading to Calif.

Apparently in an effort to work around the BNSF embargo, it was routed along the northern route to Portland. Plenty of other units left MAp along the "normal" routes to Calif during the last month and have arrived in a fairly timely manner.

It has now been in Portland since late July with several ETA dates that have come and gone. There has been no update to the status since 8/2 with a current ETA of 8/16-8/22. Looks like another ETA that will come and go... hard to meet a deadline when it doesn't actually go anywhere.

I know of one other B6G member stuck in Portland also. Anyone else stuck in Portland?

I am sure you can all understand the frustration of an April build having actually shipped and now parked in some random rail yard. This seems unique, also since most of the units that have arrived and sat in a rail yard were at least at their final destination waiting to be picked up. Portland is a long way from the SF Bay area. My dealership has been helpful, but there is nothing they can do, either.

I guess I am just venting... thanks for listening :)

Dave
Sponsored

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine was to go to Portland in March and sat in CA for nearly a month. Goes both ways apparently.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Railyard delays are not a unique situation. Countless Members have had their broncos sit in railyards for several weeks. Mine sat in Milpitas for three weeks (less than 50 miles from my dealer). Not even the dealer could have gone and picked it up. I know how frustrating it is, but I’ve read posts on here that made me feel lucky in comparison.

OP
OP

CaBroncoDave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Railyard delays are not a unique situation. Countless Members have had their broncos sit in railyards for several weeks. Mine sat in Milpitas for three weeks (less than 50 miles from my dealer). Not even the dealer could have gone and picked it up. I know how frustrating it is, but I’ve read posts on here that made me feel lucky in comparison.
Thanks Paul..

I agree that railyard delays are common. (and frustrating). What's bugging me though is that it has been offloaded from the rail car at a location that wasn't its final destination. It's not waiting to be picked up. It is waiting to be "shipped" again with no clear plan for transit from Portland to Richmond.

Dave

AzGrrl480

Badlands
First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata and Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Paul..

I agree that railyard delays are common. (and frustrating). What's bugging me though is that it has been offloaded from the rail car at a location that wasn't its final destination. It's not waiting to be picked up. It is waiting to be "shipped" again with no clear plan for transit from Portland to Richmond.

Dave
They’re being trucked from Portland, but apparently there’s a trucker shortage/backlog as well. And they won’t ship unless there’s a full trailer, it won’t pay enough.. As the mom of an OTR driver, I also know they hate coming here.. our sales mgr in Turlock had his Bronco sit in Richmond for 2 months.. mine just shipped this morning so we’ll see what happens..

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks Paul..

Dave
Doesn’t matter where it was unloaded, it’s still gonna be put on a truck and driven to your dealer. The problem has been getting trucks to pick up and deliver cars. I hope you get yours soon. That was by far the worst part of the wait. As crazy as it made me at the time, believe me, six months from now you’ll barely remember (but all your friends and family that you’ve been bitching to will).

OP
OP

CaBroncoDave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doesn’t matter where it was unloaded, it’s still gonna be put on a truck and driven to your dealer. The problem has been getting trucks to pick up and deliver cars. I hope you get yours soon. That was by far the worst part of the wait. As crazy as it made me at the time, believe me, six months from now you’ll barely remember (but all your friends and family that you’ve been bitching to will).
Thanks Paul.

Yeah.. frustrating... but I if the answer is that once it is off the railcar it is going on a truck then I guess at least I know what the next step is.

Dave

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks Paul.

Yeah.. frustrating... but I if the answer is that once it is off the railcar it is going on a truck then I guess at least I know what the next step is.

Dave
If anything, it’s probably slightly less frustrating being a ten hour drive away than a 40minute drive away from where they’re holding your bronco hostage.

I tracked mine obsessively. Drove my wife nuts when the train stopped for a week in Chicago and then again for a few more days in Cheyenne. After the first week in rail yard bronco prison, I was so mad I could kick a puppy.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The rail system is completely hosed right now. I have containers in Long Beach waiting to get to Portland. They have been sitting 10 weeks so far.
Sponsored