peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is it on all soft/hard tops? I swapped out my tinted windows for clear on my last wrangler because i like the sun coming in and the look from the outside being able to see inside, particularly the roll bar. but all i have seen is tinted.
Sponsored

Bronco Beard

Base
First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350, Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it on all soft/hard tops? I swapped out my tinted windows for clear on my last wrangler because i like the sun coming in and the look from the outside being able to see inside, particularly the roll bar. but all i have seen is tinted.
Base does not have tint.

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ah but i guess this puts me in a spot because i am looking for the white modular and that probably only comes with tint - maybe

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ah but i guess this puts me in a spot because i am looking for the white modular and that probably only comes with tint - maybe
LOL, I'd be all about that Storm Trooper look! Gotta tint the White top windows!

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On the 2-door, does "privacy glass" only exist in the back (hard top?) or are the passenger windows different too?
Of course, I can't tell anything from B&P.

pricacy glass base bigbend b&p.jpg

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the 2-door, does "privacy glass" only exist in the back (hard top?) or are the passenger windows different too?
Of course, I can't tell anything from B&P.

pricacy glass base bigbend b&p.jpg
Yeah, limited to the rear windows.

Front windows on vehicles are typically limited to how tinted they can be by law... which isn't anywhere close to how dark "privacy class" usually is.

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, limited to the rear windows.

Front windows on vehicles are typically limited to how tinted they can be by law... which isn't anywhere close to how dark "privacy class" usually is.
I thought so. So then the window glass in the base MIC hard top is unique vs. the glass in all other trims? Seems extra complicated for Ford (from an assembly standpoint).

I'm with @peterh and prefer the look of non-privacy glass. I guess it would be better to find someone to trade tops with, than to attempt to swap the windows only and mess with the seals.

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought so. So then the window glass in the base MIC hard top is unique vs. the glass in all other trims? Seems extra complicated for Ford (from an assembly standpoint).

I'm with @peterh and prefer the look of non-privacy glass. I guess it would be better to find someone to trade tops with, than to attempt to swap the windows only and mess with the seals.
Right here! It'll save me the hassle of having mine tinted.

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Right here! It'll save me the hassle of having mine tinted.
:)
I'll be a laaate 2022... didn't reserve until 3 weeks ago but if I wind up splurging on OBX I will reach out. Right now my ideal Bronco is OBX interior with Lux, and base exterior. At least until Ford releases details of the Heritage Edition.

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

:)
I'll be a laaate 2022... didn't reserve until 3 weeks ago but if I wind up splurging on OBX I will reach out. Right now my ideal Bronco is OBX interior with Lux, and base exterior. At least until Ford releases details of the Heritage Edition.
I'm about 80% sure on a basesquatch at the moment, and I have a Grangetober reservation, so I'm probably 2022 myself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

my issue is that you can't get a white MIC with clear. I want the white more than I want the clear, so that's kinda that.

Tommy

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I saw a video where the side window glass can be removed. it was on the 2dr. i remember the video because when the window was remove i noticed no seals. it just popped out. Easy Pes.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Probably costing Ford more $ to put in clear window hard top vs tinted hard top

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a video where the side window glass can be removed. it was on the 2dr. i remember the video because when the window was remove i noticed no seals. it just popped out. Easy Pes.
That was an early prototype of the Modular top. Only the mod tops have removable rear side windows, and later production intent setups may be different than what we saw in that video.