Sponsored

Is the Braptor good for infamous Colorado passes?

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is the raptor good for famous off road passes in Colorado like Imogene, engineer etc or is it too wide? Got the selected email and have a 7spd badlands non sas waiting for scheduling, but contemplating the Raptor.
Sponsored

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is also something Im trying to figure out. Currently happy with my 4dr FE, but a green Raptor might win out

MileHighRaptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor (allocation confirmed)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't think those passes are tight enough that an additional 8-inches in width will matter.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve seen videos of the regular Bronco being too wide for some CO trails. The Raptor won’t be a good fit for notoriously tight CO trails.

Petek70

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 bronco, 76 bronco, 18 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive taken a raptor through the san juan passes and you should be fine, can be real tight in places if someone coming opposite direction. The raptor is too wide in a lot of other spots in Colorado though. I'd anticipate getting brush marks on the flares at least on tighter trails in CO.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of those trails get pretty tight up there. I think you'll be fine as far as staying on the trail, but it will increase the difficulty in some situations.

I do a lot of off-roading, including steep mountain passes here in AZ, and it's rare that I've ever worried about my width outside of sneaking between boulders or rock crawling. The only other exception is desert pinstriping - If you're wider than a Jeep, you're going to hit a lot of branches etc.

For me, the extra width is a deal breaker because It means I will forever be trimming tree's on every trail I run to fit through without scraping my paint and/or fenders to shit. Even PPF has its limits. Not sure how CO is as far as that goes..

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've decided to pass on trying to get a Braptor for this reason. It's just too wide for the SE.

Also, it's probably 2023 for us that already has one and I don't want to go thru that process again.

Abag

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In development we have had them on multiple Rocky mountain trails. NO issues especally with trail turn. Its a Great Rock climbing vehicle.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Is the body any wider or is it just the axle/tires/flares? Plenty of jeeps with aftermarket wide axles on every trail I've ever been on. I do think a slimmer vehicle is preferred but not a deal breaker. My TJ is at home on a lot a trails the JLU is having trouble fitting. That being said, the TJ falls in a lot of ruts the JLU doesn't, I imagine since the JK's and JL's are a bit wider and make up the majority of off-roaders. I suspect the Braptor will do excellent on most any trail a Jeep or other Bronco can handle width wise.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the raptor good for famous off road passes in Colorado like Imogene, engineer etc or is it too wide? Got the selected email and have a 7spd badlands non sas waiting for scheduling, but contemplating the Raptor.
No.

Only if you are a Day One Reservation Holder (TM) should you be able to get a Braptor, in reparations for the grievous injustices inflicted upon one.

Now if you are a DORH (TM), then the Braptor is the perfect vehicle for not only the Colorado passes, but also for treks across Baja California, the Alaska Pipeline road, exploration of the Amazon, and traversing Antarctica.
Sponsored