Sponsored

Is the soft top that comes with the Dual Top Option the full feature factory soft top?

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX 2.3 4 Door, 2021 Yukon Denali Dmax
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a hard top and want to keep it but want a soft top for Summer. Just learned that the soft top available through the Ford catalog and the options from Bestop don’t fully retract to the back of the Bronco, they just fold like a sun rider and sit on top of the Bronco. I don’t really like the look of that option.

does anyone know if the soft top that comes with the dual top option is the full feature factory soft top? I have someone willing to sell it.
Sponsored

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saw this thread. I'm sure you have the answer now, but in the event that anyone else wants to know, the dual-top version includes the FACTORY soft-top (although you can purchase the Bestop version as an additional option when ordering your Bronco, so you might want to just double-check with the seller).

Quick warning though--the dual top comes with several brackets pre-installed on the Bronco. You'll want to be sure and ask the seller to remove those brackets and send them your way along with the soft-top. Otherwise, you'll be stuck buying the parts from Ford for a pretty penny!

reschilling

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just saw this thread. I'm sure you have the answer now, but in the event that anyone else wants to know, the dual-top version includes the FACTORY soft-top (although you can purchase the Bestop version as an additional option when ordering your Bronco, so you might want to just double-check with the seller).

Quick warning though--the dual top comes with several brackets pre-installed on the Bronco. You'll want to be sure and ask the seller to remove those brackets and send them your way along with the soft-top. Otherwise, you'll be stuck buying the parts from Ford for a pretty penny!
Do you happen to know where the brackets are that need to be removed?

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you happen to know where the brackets are that need to be removed?
Sure! Each of the following are 100% necessary for the soft top and came pre-installed on my dual-top option Bronco:
  • Roll bar brackets (right above the rear seat windows). These are the brackets that "lock" the middle portion of the top down, and are required to hold the top in the first, partially open position.
  • Black mounting brackets in the cargo area where the soft top mounts to the Bronco. These are found behind the trim pieces in the cargo area, so they might be easy to miss from the perspective of the dual-top owner.
  • Anchor hooks for fully closing and latching the soft top down. These are mounted in the cargo area around the swing gate. Note, I haven't verified that these are not pre-installed on factory hard top options, but I'd be surprised if they are since they only function for latching the soft top.

The following were included in bundled up/packaged soft top of my dual-top (not preinstalled). These should all be easily obtained from the seller because it's packaged together:
  • Soft top exterior slotted trim pieces. These are the trim pieces that receive the front seal of the side windows and are bolted on the exterior frame.
  • 6 bolts for securing the soft top to the bronco in the cargo area.
  • Soft top Windows
  • Soft top frame/canvas
Note that a additional interior trim pieces are also required. These pieces are designed to cover the place in the cargo area where your soft top mounts to the frame. The trim pieces used for the hard top are NOT compatible here because they don't have a cut-out to permit the frame to pass through. For some unknown reason, this piece WAS NOT included in my dual-option, so I'm now driving around with those rear brackets and bolts exposed in the cargo area. Trying to get a general consensus as to whether it was an oversight by Ford or if they just don't provide this particular trim piece.

It think that's everything, but if anyone has anything to add or edit, then please do so!

reschilling

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sure! Each of the following are 100% necessary for the soft top and came pre-installed on my dual-top option Bronco:
  • Roll bar brackets (right above the rear seat windows). These are the brackets that "lock" the middle portion of the top down, and are required to hold the top in the first, partially open position.
  • Black mounting brackets in the cargo area where the soft top mounts to the Bronco. These are found behind the trim pieces in the cargo area, so they might be easy to miss from the perspective of the dual-top owner.
  • Anchor hooks for fully closing and latching the soft top down. These are mounted in the cargo area around the swing gate. Note, I haven't verified that these are not pre-installed on factory hard top options, but I'd be surprised if they are since they only function for latching the soft top.

The following were included in bundled up/packaged soft top of my dual-top (not preinstalled). These should all be easily obtained from the seller because it's packaged together:
  • Soft top exterior slotted trim pieces. These are the trim pieces that receive the front seal of the side windows and are bolted on the exterior frame.
  • 6 bolts for securing the soft top to the bronco in the cargo area.
  • Soft top Windows
  • Soft top frame/canvas
Note that a additional interior trim pieces are also required. These pieces are designed to cover the place in the cargo area where your soft top mounts to the frame. The trim pieces used for the hard top are NOT compatible here because they don't have a cut-out to permit the frame to pass through. For some unknown reason, this piece WAS NOT included in my dual-option, so I'm now driving around with those rear brackets and bolts exposed in the cargo area. Trying to get a general consensus as to whether it was an oversight by Ford or if they just don't provide this particular trim piece.

It think that's everything, but if anyone has anything to add or edit, then please do so!
Awesome! Thank you!!
Sponsored