Sponsored

Dual-Top Orders (Factory Soft Top + Hard Top) - Interior Panel Trim Included?

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually JUST got mine in and installed today. I think it only took my dealership a week or so to get the parts (unless they already had them in stock for some reason). It looks SO much better now!

Any chance you can post a picture of what the correct panels look like?

I just got my Bronco with dual-top yesterday… may be a couple days before I can get into that box to check, but I’d like to know what I’m looking for.

FYI, Ford sales guy here. There is a TSB for you dual top guys, that a lot of them didn't ship with those panels for the soft top. I had a customer that asked, and while Ford did make us take pictures of the missing panels, they did send them to us free of charge.

Serious question for if I do have to request these parts… How do you take a picture of something missing that Ford will accept?
Sponsored

upnorthguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine shipped from the factory with the soft top actually in the back. My dealer was surprised and thought it would come separately as well. It comes on a stiff plastic/Styrofoam base and is strapped to the Bronco's tie-downs. A box is also included in the package that has the side panel plastic pieces (the ones that receive the front seal of the soft top side windows), but not the alternate interior trim panels.

Bronco-Softtop.jpg

upnorthguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same thing happened with my order for the 4 dr. Outer Banks with both tops. No rear panel covers for the soft top. In addition, there is no parts list nor instructions, so you don't even know that there is supposed to be soft top panels that are different from the hard tops panels you have to remove. I ended up damaging one of the hard top panels because of this. The Ford videos only cover hard top removal but don't cover soft top installation when there was no soft top to begin with. I have been told that the soft top panel covers are on backorder as well as the hard top panels. Ford really needs to up their game on this one!

OP
OP

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any chance you can post a picture of what the correct panels look like?

I just got my Bronco with dual-top yesterday… may be a couple days before I can get into that box to check, but I’d like to know what I’m looking for.

Serious question for if I do have to request these parts… How do you take a picture of something missing that Ford will accept?
Here’s a picture of the correct panels installed on the soft top. I’m holding the hard top version of a panel to give a frame of reference. Note that the soft top panel has a “cut-out” portion that lets permits the soft top frame to pass through.

IMG_3025.jpeg

TS_Bronco_12

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, Outer Banks 2.7L, Velocity Blue, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here’s a picture of the correct panels installed on the soft top. I’m holding the hard top version of a panel to give a frame of reference. Note that the soft top panel has a “cut-out” portion that lets permits the soft top frame to pass through.

Ford Bronco Dual-Top Orders (Factory Soft Top + Hard Top) - Interior Panel Trim Included? IMG_3025
Thank you for the picture and all your info in this thread! It has been a huge help! I am still working with Dealership to get right trim pieces, but with all this knowledge I am happy to be aware of the situation and ready with info.

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the picture and all your info in this thread! It has been a huge help! I am still working with Dealership to get right trim pieces, but with all this knowledge I am happy to be aware of the situation and ready with info.
I hope that your dealer does the right thing. I've been trying to work with Chapman Ford in Horsham, PA @DealerInsider since May when I changed tops and noticed they didn't include these parts. After a few months of emails they ordered the parts. A few weeks ago when the parts arrived they told me that I would need to come to the dealership, which is about 3 hours away, so they could install them per policy. I get that there are policies, but there should be common sense too. Not to mention the business decision not to send them to me given that I'm a repeat customer and I've spent over $100K at this dealership. Very disappointing on so many levels that neither Ford nor Chapman appear to be willing to do the right thing and provide all of the parts that I purchased. Rant over. Good luck!

OP
OP

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope that your dealer does the right thing. I've been trying to work with Chapman Ford in Horsham, PA @DealerInsider since May when I changed tops and noticed they didn't include these parts. After a few months of emails they ordered the parts. A few weeks ago when the parts arrived they told me that I would need to come to the dealership, which is about 3 hours away, so they could install them per policy. I get that there are policies, but there should be common sense too. Not to mention the business decision not to send them to me given that I'm a repeat customer and I've spent over $100K at this dealership. Very disappointing on so many levels that neither Ford nor Chapman appear to be willing to do the right thing and provide all of the parts that I purchased. Rant over. Good luck!
My dealer made me come in and leave it there for two days! It was a pain, but would have been a nightmare if I would have needed to travel like you. Install is basically the same as putting the cover on your fuse box!

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that what I’m in for? I don’t even have the soft top on it right now. Still the MIC top. So that doesn’t even make sense.

My drive is half of yours. I don’t mind doing it one time if they can also loosen up the driver side MIC panel that doesn’t want to come off.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that what I’m in for? I don’t even have the soft top on it right now. Still the MIC top. So that doesn’t even make sense.

My drive is half of yours. I don’t mind doing it one time if they can also loosen up the driver side MIC panel that doesn’t want to come off.
Mine was an early MY23. Hopefully they’ve corrected things / now include everything and it’s a non-issue for you.

TS_Bronco_12

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It took a few emails, but supposedly the parts are on back order and will be shipped to me from Granger Ford, since I was an out of state purchaser. At first, they wanted me to order from a local dealer and be reimbursed, but that seemed redundant, and I shouldn't have to lay more money out for parts that were forgotten. I'll keep everyone posted when mine actually get sent.

Sponsored
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone able to share the part numbers? Took delivery of my June 2023 build OBX dual top this week, sure enough those 2 pieces are missing.

Thanks!

TS_Bronco_12

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone able to share the part numbers? Took delivery of my June 2023 build OBX dual top this week, sure enough those 2 pieces are missing.

Thanks!
I believe the part numbers are:
2021-2023 Ford Bronco Cover M2DZ-7831289-BA | OEM Parts Online
2021-2023 Ford Bronco Cover M2DZ-7831288-BA | OEM Parts Online

But please verify that with your dealer and make sure they purchase them for you, mine tried telling me that I should purchase them and get reimbursed. After explaining that was unacceptable, they eventually caved and ordered and shipped them to me. Good Luck!

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dumb question for the group. I just swapped to a factor hard top I purchased. When I pulled the soft top side trim pieces for the side windows so I need to replace it with anything for the hardtop. Theres a gap now between my hard top and that section.

TS_Bronco_12

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dumb question for the group. I just swapped to a factor hard top I purchased. When I pulled the soft top side trim pieces for the side windows so I need to replace it with anything for the hardtop. Theres a gap now between my hard top and that section.
There are different exterior trim pieces for hardtop that need to be installed in replace of the pieces the soft top uses. I believe there are some videos or pictures that will show the difference between pieces. Hope this helps

cmbyrd77

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just wondering if anyone has resolved the rear panel issue. Should I just call the dealer and have them get the correct part? I just put my soft top on for the first time yesterday. I’m having trouble getting one of the side windows to lock in. It’s so damn tight. It needs to stretch. I also didn’t see the Velcro straps anywhere. Did anyone else that ordered dual tops have the straps missing?
Sponsored