Sponsored

Dual-Top Orders (Factory Soft Top + Hard Top) - Interior Panel Trim Included?

Martino

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex Ford Explorer, Ford Ecosport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Our Bronco also didn't come with the panels. And the hardtop panels dont fit. I will probably alter them to fit.

FSOE8364.JPG

UBHL8668.JPG
Sponsored

Martino

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex Ford Explorer, Ford Ecosport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I purchased the dual top option a few months ago, and I haven't been able to get a good answer as to whether the alternate interior panel trim for the soft top is supposed to be included in the package. This is in reference to the panel in the rear cargo space that covers the location where the soft top bolts to the vehicle. When ordered, the Bronco comes with the hard top installed, and the soft top is in the back (with seats folded down). All of the soft top "hardware" was already installed, but I did NOT receive the alternate interior panel trim pieces for the soft top. These pieces have a cut-out portion that is not present in the hardtop version so the trim can snap back on while letting the soft top frame to pass through. Unfortunately, since my dual top didn't come with these pieces, I've been driving around with the anchors and bolts exposed for the last month or so. Dealer said they weren't sure if this was an oversight or if Ford just doesn't include this part for the dual tops.

Trying to collect data on whether I'm an anomaly or if Ford really doesn't include these in the dual-top options.

I believe that the trim pieces can be purchased separately (Right Side: M2DZ-7831288-BA & Left Side: M2DZ-7831289-BA) for $47 each, but I have no idea why this wouldn't be included from the factory. Can anyone else chime in here?
$47.00 dollars each is pricey for that part. I'm going to modify the hardtop ones that I have to fit. No one will ever look back there.

OP
OP

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$47.00 dollars each is pricey for that part. I'm going to modify the hardtop ones that I have to fit. No one will ever look back there.
I agree. I was hoping the dealership would help us out. It really seems like an oversight on the part of Ford.

Gleas

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same here. Dual tops, no interior panels for the soft top. In my opinion, Ford should pay for them. At the price of these vehicles... c'mon @Ford

OP
OP

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. Dual tops, no interior panels for the soft top. In my opinion, Ford should pay for them. At the price of these vehicles... c'mon @Ford
Completely agree! I still think this HAS to be an oversight! Still haven’t gotten much from the dealer about whether they will order for me.

Sponsored

ScottSells

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2020 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FYI, Ford sales guy here. There is a TSB for you dual top guys, that a lot of them didn't ship with those panels for the soft top. I had a customer that asked, and while Ford did make us take pictures of the missing panels, they did send them to us free of charge.

Gleas

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FYI, Ford sales guy here. There is a TSB for you dual top guys, that a lot of them didn't ship with those panels for the soft top. I had a customer that asked, and while Ford did make us take pictures of the missing panels, they did send them to us free of charge.

Thanks, Scott! I appreciate the information. I will let me dealer know.

T|K

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco hopeful
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer ordered them for us about a month ago. Still waiting on them though

OP
OP

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks so much for the info. I’ll try to find the TSB. Are these on Ford’s website somewhere?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks so much for the info. I’ll try to find the TSB. Are these on Ford’s website somewhere?
I found it!

For those looking or needing for their dealer, the relevant Special Service Message (SSM) can be found here: https://www.ford.com/support/service-information/

It's SSM 51695. I'm dropping a screenshot of the SSM here.

Thanks so much for the help, Scott!! :)

SSM-Rear Trim Covers.JPG

Kiddo44pct

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found it!

For those looking or needing for their dealer, the relevant Special Service Message (SSM) can be found here: https://www.ford.com/support/service-information/

It's SSM 51695. I'm dropping a screenshot of the SSM here.

Thanks so much for the help, Scott!! :)

SSM-Rear Trim Covers.JPG
Are there any other parts needed with dual top option...I received my soft top on a pallet..with a box containing side windows but that's it
I was gonna put soft top on but don't know if I have correct parts to do so
Also have to bring hardtop back to dealer so he can add Headliner to hardtop

OP
OP

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there any other parts needed with dual top option...I received my soft top on a pallet..with a box containing side windows but that's it
I was gonna put soft top on but don't know if I have correct parts to do so
Also have to bring hardtop back to dealer so he can add Headliner to hardtop
If memory serves me right, the pallet has all of the windows (rear window and two side quarter windows), the 6 bolts for securing the top to the bronco, and the trim prices where the side quarter windows attach. These trim pieces bolt on just behind the passenger windows. All the other brackets and latches are be pre-installed on your vehicle when you order the dual top option.

T|K

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco hopeful
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anybody actually got the trim pieces yet from their dealers? Still no word on when they will be here from ours

OP
OP

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anybody actually got the trim pieces yet from their dealers? Still no word on when they will be here from ours
I actually JUST got mine in and installed today. I think it only took my dealership a week or so to get the parts (unless they already had them in stock for some reason). It looks SO much better now!
Sponsored