jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually own one of each and have several thousand miles racked up on them. I cannot tell any measurable difference in the two.! My opinion from watching this controversy for nearly 2 years now, leads me to believe the people with hard tops also have hard heads.!! (Just kidding.! Don't go all Karen on me.!!)
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There seems to be a difference between front seat and back seat as well. We have both and the white noise with the hard top is remarkably quieter than the soft top when it's windy. I also don't think a window is down in the hard top. As far as the 2nd row, we don't have to repeat ourselves with passengers in the hard top. But the soft top still wins with ease of going topless...

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
There seems to be a difference between front seat and back seat as well. We have both and the white noise with the hard top is remarkably quieter than the soft top when it's windy. I also don't think a window is down in the hard top. As far as the 2nd row, we don't have to repeat ourselves with passengers in the hard top. But the soft top still wins with ease of going topless...
The Hardtop wins because you can use it with a roof rack and it is more secure tho.

Huey22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can tell you from personal experience My bronco is much quieter than my jeep was, I rode from California to Minneapolis in the Jeep and the top flapped and fluttered so much it was actually quieter with the top down.
Right? It baffles me the amount of people that complain about the noise. To me, it’s pretty damn quiet.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There's definitely going to be a difference bronco to bronco as well. I've been in 4 or 5 MIC top Broncos and my Raptor is by FAR the quietest. It's so quiet I'm hesitant to remove the top in fear it's not going to go back on as good.

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did a shit ton of sound proofing in my wildtrak.

The three things that made the most difference was the doors have ZERO sound proofing. And the seam at the top of the roof is like an echo chamber. And lastly the Goodyear's are garbage.

If you take care of the doors, (tailgate is a door), stuff some 1 inch foam along the roof, and get some better tires each of those things can net you 2-3 db.
What tires did you go with?

OP
OP
BroncoOB

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What tires did you go with?
I have a soft top and love it. Get a Dirtydog headliner and you will notice the noise reduction. You still will get a lot of noise from back plastic windows.
Sponsored