Sponsored

Is there a lost of good bang for your buck components for stereo upgrade?

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Non B&O here, have tried looking at other posts but there's a lot of options and I've never upgraded a stereo.

I've heard Kicker speakers a lot, so will probably use that. Most likely will get this enclosure for a sub https://www.mtiacoustics.net/ford.h...ofer-enclosure/p/441936679/category=127528592

Any suggestions on what to get that won't break the bank too much? Hoping to keep it at around 1k if possible (subwoofer, speakers, amps?)
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lots of posts on this but here are some highlights.
1. Amps are so important. Stock head unit isn’t strong enough. kicker Key 200 and 500 are great for speakers and sub.
2. I went with Alpine 4“ and 6”.
3. I got down firing cases for cheap on Amazon and got 12” kicker shallow sub.

Good Luck!

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Non B&O here, have tried looking at other posts but there's a lot of options and I've never upgraded a stereo.

I've heard Kicker speakers a lot, so will probably use that. Most likely will get this enclosure for a sub https://www.mtiacoustics.net/ford.h...ofer-enclosure/p/441936679/category=127528592

Any suggestions on what to get that won't break the bank too much? Hoping to keep it at around 1k if possible (subwoofer, speakers, amps?)
I have upgraded all 6 speakers to Kicker CS and put bass blockers in dash speakers with boom mats. Sounded much better than stock. Then did the forscan changes for me and my 2021 I just did the 3800 change and it made a hug improvement as well. Probably could have stopped their but I did the plug and play and 200.4 amp and it improved the power. It is loud and sounds great now. I think I will just wait for Mabett to come out with 6.5 upgrades for the back 4 inch speakers that should add more bass and shake the Bronco apart...which is plenty loud for me and anyone sitting in the Bronco. Do it in steps is my advice and stop when it is good for you.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Wow that is spendy for a sub box.

I just had this one pop up on my Instagram feed earlier. This is an open air vehicle so I'm not worried about audiophile quality sound. Just want louder and clearer with a little more boom.

Ford Bronco Is there a lost of good bang for your buck components for stereo upgrade? 80DC63B8-A9D2-464D-BC2D-42B91D6A2996

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kicker also has a powered sub option.

Ford Bronco Is there a lost of good bang for your buck components for stereo upgrade? 3E4D5C84-418A-4268-ABA1-B0E663EC53F2

Sponsored
OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lots of posts on this but here are some highlights.
1. Amps are so important. Stock head unit isn’t strong enough. kicker Key 200 and 500 are great for speakers and sub.
2. I went with Alpine 4“ and 6”.
3. I got down firing cases for cheap on Amazon and got 12” kicker shallow sub.

Good Luck!
So I'd need 2 amps? Got a link to box and sub?

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check out plugnplaykits.com , cheap options for amp, wiring harness, full kits etc

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the Kicker Hideaway in my F150. It sounds great and suits my needs, but I've blown 5 of them. I've even had tech support walk me through the install, but I still blew it out. Just my experience.

OBXSquatch21

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

If trying to keep it at 1k you may want to look at another sub enclosure option. That box is $460 shipped with no sub. so by the time you add a sub it leaves you around 400 before tax for an amp and 6 speakers plus wiring etc.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you are getting a sub, I recommend 2 amps. It will make you smile when you have your top down. Bang for the buck... AMPS first. Don't do speakers unless you got funds for at least the Kicker 200.

Sponsored

SoCalG

Black Diamond
First Name
SoCalG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't need 2 amps. You do need to amplify at least the front speakers and a subwoofer. As someone else said, get a 5-channel amp and you can amplify all your speakers and add a subwoofer. You can get a good one for $400-$500 that will put out more than enough clean power. You can get a 10" sub in a box for $200 or less and spend the rest on speakers that match your amp's performance.

You can go with the Kicker Key amps, which everyone seems to love so much. Not sure if you are going for easy (Kicker Key's with a PnP harness) or building something more serious. Here is a 5-channel amp install with a DSP:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-dsp-speakers-and-sub-lots-of-pictures.43856/

Start with the amp and build from there.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went off the deep end with mine, a couple of things I did that really upped it was the DV8 speaker bar with a couple of 8" kickers cans then put in the stinger tailgate sub enclosure but swapped out the phoenix for a kicker comp and added a couple of 6.5's in the quarter panels by the passenger seats.
Ford Bronco Is there a lost of good bang for your buck components for stereo upgrade? PXL_20220902_014509303
Ford Bronco Is there a lost of good bang for your buck components for stereo upgrade? PXL_20220902_014435916
Sponsored