Sponsored

Is there a post/DIY on how to remove center console; need to mound LED Light control box there!

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to install some Oracle LED lighting to the interior footwell areas to improve the interior lighting and give it a bit of color/refinement. However the LED lighting control module is rather large (see pic below) and I have concluded the best place to mount this is inside the center console. This controller will have no less than 7 wires attached to it, including an infrared wire sensor that gives it remote capability. Thus, I think the best (and most professional) way to get these wires into the console is to remove it and run the wires in from the bottom (or near the front bottom side). Did some searches but can't seem to find anything on removing this piece and the surrounding trans shifter console trim. Can someone recall a post about this and can provide a link?

If enough are interested, I may make my own post on how I wire this thing up. For power I plan on using one of the aux uplifter switches but of course still need to run the power wire to this module, then the wires that power the LED strips will run out of it from there.

Ford Bronco Is there a post/DIY on how to remove center console; need to mound LED Light control box there! 1641219666787
Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP