Sponsored

Is there a storage bag for the soft top windows?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for a viable on board storage system myself. The rear window is to long to lay completely flat in the cargo hold as it is the width of the Bronco and includes the wrap around corners.
Sponsored

rub5018

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking for a viable on board storage system myself. The rear window is to long to lay completely flat in the cargo hold as it is the width of the Bronco and includes the wrap around corners.
Call me crazy - or OCD - but I'm planning on getting a long pillow like a body pillow for the back window to lay on that will allow the window part to lay flat on the pillow with the wrap-around parts draped down [or up]- and then some soft shammy like towels separating the side windows from each other and the rear window laying flat on top. But I will say that there was a post with good pics from someone with the Tuffy 4dr deluxe security enclosure with all the windows laying in the back and it didn't really look like anything was going to get damaged. Please insert the obligatory ' you can't ruin windows that are already crinkled'

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...there was a post with good pics from someone with the Tuffy 4dr deluxe security enclosure with all the windows laying in the back and it didn't really look like anything was going to get damaged.
I found the pic. If you look closely, the left corner is folded and then the right corner is folded and rolled upwards. May not be rolled enough to be concerned but still would like to find a better solution.

Ford Bronco Is there a storage bag for the soft top windows? 1628696675793

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've owned one Miata or another for basically the last 15 years. The early ones had a zip-out plastic rear window. That was the best soft top, because on really sunny days you could put the top up but roll down the windows and the rear plastic window and get a nice open-air feel without baking in the sun.

After a while, the stitching around the zipper would start to fail, and you'd be stuck leaving the rear window zipped all the time. The problem was that the way the roof folded when you put it down, the plastic window would crease right in the middle. Over time, it would split at that crease and you'd have a big hole in your rear window. The poor man's solution, which I managed to do to great effect on a couple of old project Miatas, was to get a foam muscle roller like they use for Yoga (basically a thicker, more dense pool noodle) and lay that on the outside of the plastic window as you were putting the top down. It would force a gentle curve into the plastic so it wouldn't crease or split.

I wonder if rolling the removable panels around something like this would be gentle and protective enough to let you store it without damage. Roll the parts around a foam roller, then put that in a padded bag...

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This has been annoying, I have to admit. That pic of the cargo space is the best way to stash them, but, on any decent trip - my fridge is in back. If itā€™s a day trip with promising weather - theyā€™re just staying in the garage and Iā€™m hanging them on clips mounted on the wall or something (havenā€™t solved that yet).

Either way you slice it - hard or soft - if youā€™ve got any passengers or gear - itā€™s not plausible to stash them on board.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve heard not to roll them up either, will cause creases that wonā€™t come out...
Can these creases be any worse than the oem side windows?

i have 2 jeep roll bags for my windows. 1 is made by bestop and the other some small company. If taking them off at home and leaving them, I use clips and they hang from the wall.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never had a top like this, but my plan is to just leave them at home with cheap Harbor Freight moving blankets in between. Or if on vacation in like Moab, leave them at the place we're renting. I don't see myself ever driving somewhere where I need them in and then wanting to take them out at my destination with nowhere to put them. I'd just leave them in then, the top folds pretty far back in it's first position and I won't ever sit in the trunk, so it really doesn't matter for those days?

At home I'll either figure something out in the garage or I'll have them under the guest bed when I want them out. In my case that will be rare, I'll have my dog back there and don't want him sticking his head out and go bananas, but I really can't see that many occasions where I'd go somewhere and then suddenly want the windows out with nowhere to put them?

I also don't live anywhere near drive on beaches or sand dunes or where ever you may be, there might be many occasions I'm not familiar with where putting those windows somewhere on a whim would be nice. I'd bring some Harbor Freight moving blankets then, I always have them in my truck and will in my Bronco. Cheap, nice and soft, and dirt mostly shakes right off them.

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Planning on having the back seats always down to allow the pooch have room back there .... do you think a bag like this would protect things if a 140 lb dog walks around on it
If the windows were laying flat with some blankets or padding on top, it would probably be fine. But I got caught in the rain with the back and side windows out (left at home) and even the trunk area didn't really get wet. It has to be raining pretty hard with some wind for water to come in. Even then, front and rear passengers are fine. Cargo may get a little bit damp. If I ever get my Bronco back, I'm just taking the windows back out and leaving them in the basement.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can these creases be any worse than the oem side windows?

i have 2 jeep roll bags for my windows. 1 is made by bestop and the other some small company. If taking them off at home and leaving them, I use clips and they hang from the wall.
Wrinkles vs creasesā€¦.creases ruin the visibility and integrity of the window..

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrinkles vs creasesā€¦.creases ruin the visibility and integrity of the window..
I haven't seen a window removed yet, but why couldn't they be rolled up like jeep windows? What makes them different besides that they slide in vs zip in?

OP
OP
BroncoKong Jr.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't seen a window removed yet, but why couldn't they be rolled up like jeep windows? What makes them different besides that they slide in vs zip in?
JL windows can't be rolled up either and they have a similar design

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JL windows can't be rolled up either and they have a similar design
Oh didn't know that but then again, I haven't paid attention much to the JLs as my jeep is one of the last "real" jeeps before they started putting minivan engines in them lol.
Sponsored