Sponsored

Washer / Wiper connections Soft top vs hard top..Is there hope for a connection for both?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

while I think it's stupid to not just wire and plumb it all, that's how Jeep does it, and that's how Ford does it, my sales guy got the confirmation after a couple weeks trying.
You can retro fit all this of course, but it'll be a major PITA. So I went with dual tops and will probably sell one or the other, see what I like.
It's a bummer but also probably saves them a pretty penny, even if all that stuff only costs $5 per car, it'll add up quickly. And ultimately they're responsible to the stock holders, who probably would not mind Ford switching to making tooth paste, if the profits are higher, LOL.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not a question of if I like the answer or not. I'm getting a hardtop, so don't really care. Ford may lose sales when the customer decides they really wanted a hardtop. I know that if it were me, that would keep me from spending $1900 for a top that I couldn't fully use. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would feel that way.
You may be right - perhaps Ford buyers are very, very different than Wrangler buyers. Jeep doesn't sell all that many hardtops after the vehicle sale. People either get a hardtop at time of purchase or they don't. After the fact they are extremely expensive, both in terms of the price (much more than what's offered as an option at time of vehicle purchase) plus the customer has to pay for shipping. If it's insurance paying to replace a damaged top that's one thing but for the average Joe/Jane looking to add a HT after the fact they look to people that are unloading their own HT's via private sales . . . or hit up the junkyards/wreckers for ones being parted out.

So, again, maybe Bronco buyers are really different and are OK with starting out with a soft top then taking it in the shorts afterwards to buy a HT from a dealer. But, in this case, anyone willing to burn money in that manner surely wouldn't mind burning the additional money it's going to take to wire and plumb the tailgate and rewire the switches up front, would they? In for a penny, in for a pound.

This will be my first Ford, ever, so I defer to your experience as to what Ford buyers like to do. I knew I was doing dual tops from the get-go but as a Ford newbie maybe I've got it all wrong.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has this been confirmed ANYWHERE except for hearsay, expectations, based on other brands, etc?

I cannot get a straight answer from dealer and not much on here in terms of concrete information/confirmation.
the thing is every single Bronco made so far has had the connections regardless of soft top or not. And yes these are pre-production I know.

my dealer parts manager said they shouldnt leave the wiring out from the main harness ..

from the photos the fluid tube is coming from the front reservoir ..so may have to swap out reservoirs etc.

there is a B6G member who has some of the manuals already and is checking on the connections and wiring harness. It may be super easy to just purchase that portion of the harness. As far as the switch ..jopefully the handle With the wiper configuration will be plug and play, kinda like the optional wiper blade handles are in 2018-2020 Expedition.
Sponsored