Sponsored

Washer / Wiper connections Soft top vs hard top..Is there hope for a connection for both?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You will not get hookups with a soft top. It is all the electrical that causes the problem. You won't have the switches on the turn signal lever for the wiper or the button for the wiper fluid, you also won't have the defroster button on the dash. It is too much of a hassle for them to add all the buttons if they don't go to anything. Not going to happen.

Has this been confirmed ANYWHERE except for hearsay, expectations, based on other brands, etc?

I cannot get a straight answer from dealer and not much on here in terms of concrete information/confirmation.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love that because Ford actually confirmed it *twice* in that single Q&A. 😆

Is there a place on this forum with all Ford Q&A in one place?

I guess I just found it hard to navigate fact vs hearsay by just using the search feature.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a place on this forum with all Ford Q&A in one place?

I guess I just found it hard to navigate fact vs hearsay by just using the search feature.
Unfortunately no. That type of curation is too time consuming for the “staff” to maintain.

The best route I’ve found is using Google to search the Bronco6g domain specifically. It’s AI is significantly better at producing the most valuable responses. (But even then it takes some clicking and reading.)

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unfortunately no. That type of curation is too time consuming for the “staff” to maintain.
What's even more frustrating is that the dealerships are misinformed. I just had the sales rep insist that ALL hard tops including MIC are delayed and that is the only reason why the Dual Top is delayed. He's also insisting that my order will now be delayed. I guess I am willing to take that risk to ensure that I get the hardware for the back window.

It will be worth the wait. But, I wish sales reps didn't have that "know it all" attitude. I guess we'll all have a clearer picture in May/June when we get our build confirmations.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's even more frustrating is that the dealerships are misinformed. I just had the sales rep insist that ALL hard tops including MIC are delayed and that is the only reason why the Dual Top is delayed. He's also insisting that my order will now be delayed. I guess I am willing to take that risk to ensure that I get the hardware for the back window.

It will be worth the wait. But, I wish sales reps didn't have that "know it all" attitude. I guess we'll all have a clearer picture in May/June when we get our build confirmations.
Woof.

For some reason sales tends to be full of the type of people who think it's better to give *a* answer... *any* answer... rather than just say "that's a great question, I don't know the answer to it... give me a chance to research and get back to you?"

That trait in someone who also refuses to change their position or admit they were initially mistaken, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love that because Ford actually confirmed it *twice* in that single Q&A. 😆
I'm still not willing to take that as the final answer. B N has been wrong a few times. Ford would lose a lot of hardtop sales if they did this.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still not willing to take that as the final answer. B N has been wrong a few times. Ford would lose a lot of hardtop sales if they did this.
I totally believe this is true. Isn't this how Jeep does it as well?

The assumption is that anyone who wants a hardtop will order it with their new bronco (especially by this time next year when they probably wont be limited availability)...

If I was in Ford's position it doesn't make sense to eat the cost of all those connections and stalk controls for vehicles that will never ever see a hard top... easier to just roll that expense into the cost of the hardtop for people who want it.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The assumption is that anyone who wants a hardtop will order it with their new bronco (especially by this time next year when they probably wont be limited availability)...

If I was in Ford's position it doesn't make sense to eat the cost of all those connections and stalk controls for vehicles that will never ever see a hard top... easier to just roll that expense into the cost of the hardtop for people who want it.
In my case, I wanted a softop and plan on getting a hard top, maybe white or body color painted modular next year or so, and did not want to have a MIC hard top also. So I ordered the soft top now. I doubt it would have the hook ups / controls since built as soft top only, but that is cool with me. I have had rear wipers on past suv's and current Armada, and frankly do not use it much. I do not have any on my soft top JK, and do not miss it at all. No concerns here on not having the lines or controls, but it would be a lot cooler if it did.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In my case, I wanted a softop and plan on getting a hard top, maybe white or body color painted modular next year or so, and did not want to have a MIC hard top also. So I ordered the soft top now. I doubt it would have the hook ups / controls since built as soft top only, but that is cool with me. I have had rear wipers on past suv's and current Armada, and frankly do not use it much. I do not have any on my soft top JK, and do not miss it at all. No concerns here on not having the lines or controls, but it would be a lot cooler if it did.
The bad thing if true is you will have a wiper and defroster that will be unusable. Also, that would figure into the cost of the hardtop, so you'd be spending money for something you can't use.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bad thing if true is you will have a wiper and defroster that will be unusable. Also, that would figure into the cost of the hardtop, so you'd be spending money for something you can't use.
unless there are after market hard tops, or Ford OEM tops that come out without wipers / defroster. There are for Jeeps...or they just sit unused. Either way, I did not want the hard tops offered, and did not want two hard tops (could have sold one, but likely for less than cost)

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it isn't true. How is Ford "losing" hardtop sales when this only affects buyers that opted for a soft top *only* in the first place?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yes, it's exactly the same way Jeep does it. Soft top only? No hookups in the rear and no controls up front. It's not impossible to retrofit all that's needed but it's not cheap and it's a PITA.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it isn't true. How is Ford "losing" hardtop sales when this only affects buyers that opted for a soft top *only* in the first place?
It's not a question of if I like the answer or not. I'm getting a hardtop, so don't really care. Ford may lose sales when the customer decides they really wanted a hardtop. I know that if it were me, that would keep me from spending $1900 for a top that I couldn't fully use. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would feel that way.
Sponsored