Sponsored

Is there a way to make the DRL's stay on all the time?

BroncoAdventure

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Removing the dlr sensor tinted cover worked. The drl actually stay on a bit longer into dusk. They also stay on when I'm halfway into my garage, where, even prior to tinting the windshield, they did not.

I filled the top part of the sensor with 2-part epoxy to protect the circuit board since it's now exposed. I'll find a clear cover for it later

20240526_124931.jpg

20240526_134058.jpg

20240526_134104.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raptor Guy

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What would happen if you just disconnected the sensor? I don't want to see that ugly naked white sensor array.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jesus really people? Are we this fucking lazy we cant just turn off the auto headlamps? Wow. What did you do before there werent auto headlamps? Just drive around all night with no headlights on?? This is worse than first world problems. Its just pure laziness. Pull the tint off the windshield and go with 70% then. Or just clear UV blocking film.

I have 30% on my windshield and yes it does cause the auto headlamps to come on earlier as it gets dark, but they never stay on in the day once the light hits them. And if they do, WHO CARES??

OP
OP
Raptor Guy

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jesus really people? Are we this fucking lazy we cant just turn off the auto headlamps? Wow. What did you do before there werent auto headlamps? Just drive around all night with no headlights on?? This is worse than first world problems. Its just pure laziness. Pull the tint off the windshield and go with 70% then. Or just clear UV blocking film.

I have 30% on my windshield and yes it does cause the auto headlamps to come on earlier as it gets dark, but they never stay on in the day once the light hits them. And if they do, WHO CARES??
Mr. Badman, this has nothing to do with laziness and I don't appreciate your assumptions. My original question pertained to finding a way to keep the DRL's running all the time and not tied to the sensor which has been compromised by the tint.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mr. Badman, this has nothing to do with laziness and I don't appreciate your assumptions. My original question pertained to finding a way to keep the DRL's running all the time and not tied to the sensor which has been compromised by the tint.
Remove the tint. Next question. Because I already answered that one. Twice now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raptor Guy

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Remove the tint. Next question. Because I already answered that one. Twice now.
You are an ignorant moron. Please find another thread to provide your completely useless and unwanted opinions.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are an ignorant moron. Please find another thread to provide your completely useless and unwanted opinions.
Ignorant huh. Bet you say that to all the girls smart guy. Der der der I messed up and tinted the windshield and now the light sensor that picks up ambient light through the windshield isn’t working. Der der der. Maybe you should put another layer of tint on it. Orrrr maybe you should just remove the windshield all together and just run a helmet with a tinted set of goggles. Then you can take them off as it gets dark. Also keep a flash light pointed at the sensor. That will keep the DRL on. Der der der.

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just ignoring what that salty dude above is rambling about; the auto headlights have been extremely annoying. No tint on my windshield, at 8am driving West and 4pm driving East the headlights come on. When they do the screens dim to the point of not being able to see them. When I turn the brightness up, the next time I drive at night I get the inverse and am blinded by the screens when the headlights come on. Then anytime I pull into my garage I have to take my sunglasses off to see the cameras.

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ignorant huh. Bet you say that to all the girls smart guy. Der der der I messed up and tinted the windshield and now the light sensor that picks up ambient light through the windshield isn’t working. Der der der. Maybe you should put another layer of tint on it. Orrrr maybe you should just remove the windshield all together and just run a helmet with a tinted set of goggles. Then you can take them off as it gets dark. Also keep a flash light pointed at the sensor. That will keep the DRL on. Der der der.
Ford Bronco Is there a way to make the DRL's stay on all the time? 1716846456329-bm

Sponsored

BroncoAdventure

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What would happen if you just disconnected the sensor? I don't want to see that ugly naked white sensor array.
Then the drl won't come on at all. I've for a solution for the exposed sensor array. I'll post soon

BroncoAdventure

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Who gives a * what you think. This thread isn't for you

BroncoAdventure

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also went into forscan and set my taillights to come on with the drl since my drl stay on longer than they normally would with the tinted cap mounted

BroncoAdventure

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's crazy to me how folks comment in threads just to rant, wtf is that? Shows that they have absolutely nothing going on in their lives. I also bet their wives either are cheating on them, they treat their wives and family like shit or they kick little dogs for no reason. Walking hypertension heart disease just one cup of coffee from a heart attack
Sponsored