Sponsored

Is this the service I can expect from Ford?

Rocky-in-AR

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I purchased my Bronco a little over a month ago and had a couple of issues come up while traveling in another state last week. It started earlier in the week where my average mileage was dropping from 17.1, by the end of the week my average was at 16.3 with 1100 miles driven on highway. My Bronco has a total of 2450 miles on it now. On Friday I received a seatbelt warning light telling me to get the vehicle service as soon as possible. After that my adaptive cruise control wouldn’t turn on and I had a check engine light come on. When I got home, I looked at my Ford Pass app and it showed a service engine soon message with an error stating “The engine control system had detected that the turbocharge wastegate may stuck closed and requires service to prevent possible system damage” I signed on to the dealer website where I purchased the vehicle and scheduled an appointment for this morning. Saturday morning, I drove it to the store and when I returned to the car the check engine light was off and did not come back on. I kept the appointment for this morning because obviously there is something going on and I have another trip 1100-mile trip towing Wednesday. When I went to the dealer this morning he said I would have to leave it and they had no loaners to give me. He also told me that they wouldn’t even look at it before Wednesday and suggested I take it and see if the issue comes back. I cannot go without a vehicle as this is my only transportation. He said I could make an appointment for a couple of weeks and leave it. When he wrote the ticket up he left out the issues listed above and just wrote up some electrical issues I’m am also experiencing (windshield wipers and backup sensor) because the check engine like had gone away. Still no loaner and I would have to leave it. Earliest appointment to leave the vehicle was for Friday May 19th. I asked if I could bring it in Monday so I would have the vehicle over the weekend but they didn’t have an appointment available on Monday. Not sure why they are making appointments to leave vehicles not to work on them. My question Is, is this typical service I can expect from Ford, should or I find a different dealer. This is my first Ford vehicle coming from GM for 30 years and have never had this type of service even during COVID. Just wondering if this is typical.
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s the dealer. I made an appointment for mine, dropped it off the night before using their drop box because of work early the actual morning of the appointment. They performed the warranty work, and serviced my bronco on my appointment date. I picked it up that evening after work. Plus, my tech called me 3 times durning the day to go over the requested service and to give me updates. Probably the best dealer experience I’ve ever had. Not every Ford dealership has this level of service, but I sure am glad mine does. Brewster Ford in Brewster NY.

Splock

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the same issue with my dealer. I have a transmission issue and they said I'll have to leave it for five days just to get a diagnostic done. No loaners or anything. Mine won't make an appointment to have it looked at in the future, just to drop it off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's increasingly common amongst dealers, yes - but not just Fords. I wouldn't hold much hope for finding a loaner whatsoever any more.

Despite not having a CEL currently your vehicle more than likely has the error codes stored "deep" within. Dealer should be able to see that pretty quickly on their end, possibly by knowing only your VIN (one silver lining of it being a 'connected vehicle.')

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is the dealer, but the dealer always points the finger at Ford especially when there are repair issues and the one day only loaner program for recalls regardless of how long the recall will take. I can't find a Ford dealer around me that appreciates good service anymore or that doesn't give me some smug "it is what it is" attitude. So in my opinion this is a Ford problem that needs to be addressed especially with their recalls. Super disappointed and this may be what gets our 40+ year Ford family to go with other brands instead...

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As stated above. Ford has zero to do with this other than making a defective product that you now have to deal with. Find a new dealer for warranty issues and hopefully you have a good mechanic shop that’s independent for all other maintenance issues. Good luck, sucks to get Sh?t service from a dealer, especially on a new vehicle

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The vast majority of dealers around me are absolute trash and treat most people terribly.
This is quite similar for all OEM's.

Folks here say Ford has nothing to do with this, and they don't kind of. They sure could be more discerning before they hand out dealership franchises though

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe get someone to help you check codes with FORSCAN?

Sponsored

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went in a couple of weeks ago to see about getting in for leaking differential and charging system error. Told me to come back at 7AM the following Thursday. I set the notification for the app to let me know when door was opened and found its sitting exactly where it was the morning I left it. Not a whole lot of options for dealers immediately around me.

It is definitely a dealer issue and not related to FoMoCo (unless parts aren't available).

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the dealer. I made an appointment for mine, dropped it off the night before using their drop box because of work early the actual morning of the appointment. They performed the warranty work, and serviced my bronco on my appointment date. I picked it up that evening after work. Plus, my tech called me 3 times durning the day to go over the requested service and to give me updates. Probably the best dealer experience I’ve ever had. Not every Ford dealership has this level of service, but I sure am glad mine does. Brewster Ford in Brewster NY.
Well Ford does have a role here. It's called poor, poor quality. I agree the dealer needs to help. If all of the articles are right and Ford is trying to get rid of dealers, i wonder how many more will give bad service, even though they are cutting their own throat.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The vast majority of dealers around me are absolute trash and treat most people terribly.
This is quite similar for all OEM's.

Folks here say Ford has nothing to do with this, and they don't kind of. They sure could be more discerning before they hand out dealership franchises though
Agree, it is a dealer issue. I have a local Ford dealer that has never returned my phone calls to make a service appointment. Called another Ford dealer and got right in with no issues. The problem facing many OEM dealers is lack of service personnel. Hard to get people to work in professions requiring mechanical or electrical skills. No one wants to get their hands dirty.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went in a couple of weeks ago to see about getting in for leaking differential and charging system error. Told me to come back at 7AM the following Thursday. I set the notification for the app to let me know when door was opened and found its sitting exactly where it was the morning I left it. Not a whole lot of options for dealers immediately around me.

It is definitely a dealer issue and not related to FoMoCo (unless parts aren't available).
Where do set those notifications? I don't have it in my app. Is it vehicle year specific?

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there trustworthy website to look for a reputable dealer/service? I have many Ford dealers around me, but not sure which are good or bad.
Sponsored