Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After seeing all your warranty visits I think you've paid your dues for things going wrong. Sorry it happened to you.
Oh and forgot one! I have the rare 2021 broken parking brake handle 2023 retrofit because they broke it at the dealership when doing an oil change lol
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry that you had this recent experience.

When I have valet service through my dealership, the valet photographs the interior/exterior before accepting the fob. When it is returned, they do the same. They do that to protect themselves against false claims (stained seat/interior or dents/scratches on the exterior).

In the future, remove items of value. And items that remain with the vehicle, you can photograph in front of the valet. Call your service advisor and indicate to them that you have documented the contents in view of the valet and ask that they note the action on the service ticket. Anyone that pulls the ticket will see the note and hopefully that will be a deterrent for anyone that may be inclined to have sticky fingers.
Mullinax in FL also photographs all around the vehicle before moving it.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why not file a police report and tell them the last time you saw it was when it was in the dealers care...imagine the look on the service managers face when the cops show up to get a statement from him. Plus it goes a long way to file an insurance claim of loss.

OP
OP
Joshc920

Joshc920

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why not file a police report and tell them the last time you saw it was when it was in the dealers care...imagine the look on the service managers face when the cops show up to get a statement from him. Plus it goes a long way to file an insurance claim of loss.
This is genius, I may be trying this now

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is genius, I may be trying this now
Hello officer, my radar detector was stolen.

Im sure the officer will be excited to help you get that returned :ROFLMAO:

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My brother was a porter at Nissan and would take a quarter from each car he got in as his "tip". Did that for two years in college and ended up with a five gallon bucket full of quarters which was damn near one thousand bucks.

Moral of the story my brother and most porters are shit heads.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just throwing this one out there. I had my bronco in for repairs today. My ford dealership does free valet pick up and pick up the bronco from my house and got repairs of the back up camera replacement covered under warranty. All good there. They kept it all day and delivered it this afternoon and gave me the keys and drove off.

After driving somewhere I realized my radar detector is gone. I’ve checked all inside and under everything. Completely missing.

Has anyone had a bad experience like this?? I called them and they said between the pick up guy, the tech, and the delivery guy no one saw it so it basically never happened……

you are all welcome to say I shouldn’t have left it and that’s fine. I’m just asking has this happened to anyone before and any pointers on how to escalate this? They were no help on the phone. Thanks
You are not from VA are you where regular folks can collect a bounty for turning in illegal equipment?

I am sure it has been said but do you have any pictures of vehicle interior with detector in them? And unless you are going to file criminal charges against all the potential involved parties you are probably stuck with the loss. Even if your auto policy covered rather than homeowners which is more likely the replacement would be less than your deductible

Sponsored

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just throwing this one out there. I had my bronco in for repairs today. My ford dealership does free valet pick up and pick up the bronco from my house and got repairs of the back up camera replacement covered under warranty. All good there. They kept it all day and delivered it this afternoon and gave me the keys and drove off.

After driving somewhere I realized my radar detector is gone. I’ve checked all inside and under everything. Completely missing.

Has anyone had a bad experience like this?? I called them and they said between the pick up guy, the tech, and the delivery guy no one saw it so it basically never happened……

you are all welcome to say I shouldn’t have left it and that’s fine. I’m just asking has this happened to anyone before and any pointers on how to escalate this? They were no help on the phone. Thanks
I accidently left a $30,000 check in my center console when I took my car to South Bay Ford for a recall and after a week I picked up the car and the check was still there, no problem.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When in took my Bronco in for the windshield adhesive recall I left my dash cam ( positioned in front of rear view mirror) and it was there when I picked the ride up. Of course I don’t believe for a second they actually pull out the windshield and add adhesive, they just make sure they turn the rear view mirror so it looks like they did windshield work. Lol
I've had to do the windshield adhesion recall and we do remove the windshield for this recall. A good tech also inspects the glass for damage and we replace the glass when damage is found but some just replace as is .
Sponsored