Sponsored

Adding/changing Items a la carte AFTER PURCHASE & drain plug differences?

OP
OP
RedHotLava

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took it to mean complicated as in turning into something that’d fail, not as in people couldn’t figure it out. ??‍♂
So without looking too much like a tool, because I have no experience with Ford or have spoken to anyone who's seen this truck or know anyone at Ford etc.... Let me ask this...

IF there will be passive drain plugs, that you can change later to be "active", either with cut holes and adding the plugs or whatever they are going to do, HOW is that going to work say if you have a carpet floor? How do you make this swap?

What I'm getting at, is, if you get a BASE that comes with carpet, how can you convert that to where you have a Rubberized floor and get drain plugs after?

Or is this something where, you have to get a package for that, period, kind of thing?
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I remember seeing a partail picture of the active plugs somewhere here. It looked to me like it was a pop up like a tub or sink drain or flapper valved to only flow out and not in kind of plug and the regular plugs are just the same rubber plugs you pull out and lose just like every other offroader.

So I imagine if you can buy the active plugs you should be able to just pop em in. Rubber floor is a different deal and probably hard to replicate the quality.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So without looking too much like a tool, because I have no experience with Ford or have spoken to anyone who's seen this truck or know anyone at Ford etc.... Let me ask this...

IF there will be passive drain plugs, that you can change later to be "active", either with cut holes and adding the plugs or whatever they are going to do, HOW is that going to work say if you have a carpet floor? How do you make this swap?

What I'm getting at, is, if you get a BASE that comes with carpet, how can you convert that to where you have a Rubberized floor and get drain plugs after?

Or is this something where, you have to get a package for that, period, kind of thing?
Pretty sure the passive drain is just a hole that’ll drain water. No need to make it “active.”

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I‘m throwing my hat in the ring on drains:

Passive and Active are pretty self explanatory — Passive requires no activation/intervention, Active requires intervention/activation.

We know Active drains are an upgrade (they are included in addition to passive drains).

Passive drains are likely designed to drain water that unintentionally enters the vehicle (e.g., rain or water crossing). It likely does that slowly (probably with some kind of baffles), so there are not large uncovered holes in your floorplan.

Active, as we can see in the pic, is a plug you pull out to create a large hole to quickly drain a large quantity of water — e.g., when you are hosing out the interior.

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess what they meant by active drains is that you "actively have to pull the plug yourself".
Sponsored