Adding options after purchase?

teejayhoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really only want a few options - big screen, heated seats/wheel, and the 4.7 axle (with a 2DR/stick).

To get these options, I'm looking at spending an absurd amount of money. Are these things that can be added after the fact, or are the harnesses different between the different trim levels?
Sponsored

OP
OP

teejayhoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In my opinion, the most cost-effective way to add most if not all of your wish list would be directly from Ford at the time of order.
Damn, that's NOT what I wanted to hear. $14,000 for a stereo, seats, and a diff is more than Porsche will charge you!

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The big screen is a no...seats are easy...wheel not so much...4.7s doable but you would be the first I know of that actually did it...of course none of it would integrate with the electronics...

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, that's NOT what I wanted to hear. $14,000 for a stereo, seats, and a diff is more than Porsche will charge you!
Yeah, not really. Whenā€™s the last time you ordered a Porsche?

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, not really. Whenā€™s the last time you ordered a Porsche?
Agreed - $7K just for Burmeister and Connected Nav. Seats at least another $4k for premium seat upgrade.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I vote in favor of ordering as much as you can from the factory. You want to be left with matching up part item numbers, install labor/costs, and programming? Pay more for the convenience of having all that figured out already, with a warranty.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed - $7K just for Burmeister and Connected Nav. Seats at least another $4k for premium seat upgrade.
At least it's not BWM that charges a monthly subscription fee for use of the seat heaters you already purchased.

Herb

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Badlands 7 speed comes with 4.7 gears even without adding the Sasquatch package, so you can start there if you aren't dipping into the Ford Performance . The big screen has been worked on. Heated seats are easy and relatively cheap on any car.

I'm not aware of anyone adding the heated steering wheel yet but it should be very possible. Still...it's not going to be cost effective or have the same resale value as getting it from the factory.

Or you can order the complete front/rear assemblies (available with a slight discount if you shop around):
https://accessories.ford.com/produc...-4-70-ratio-w-electronic-locking-differential
https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-m210-front-drive-unit-4-70-ratio

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bite the bullet imo. I only added options to my build that I couldnā€™t get later. Couldnā€™t do the radio, keypad or 2.7 later. Did the Sasquatch package because I couldnā€™t add the last hero switch button and was only $2495 back then. Hard to do tires, wheels and lift for that price. Also wasnā€™t as many lift options or answers on tire size back then. Not sure I would Sasquatch at todays price. A lot of options for lifts now and can do 35s without a lift.

Held off on tow and a few other options. I try to limit what I put on my loan since that means I have to pay interest as well.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unless you can find a wrecked Bronco with the parts you need it will be cheaper to order from the factory. Ordering from the factory also gives you the warranty that you won't have after the fact.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EVEN if you find a wrecked bronco with the parts, you won't be able to do it.
There's a member on here that bought all the parts for the 12" screen, and hasn't been able to get it to work yet. Not sure if he's still trying or not, haven't looked at it in a while.

If those are the options you want, get them at time of order. Even Ford accessories are usually cheaper than getting them later. Though calculate in the interest rate if you're financing and maybe accessories are about the same...
Sponsored