Sponsored

Installing Sasquatch Package After Purchase?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my opinion if you have a badlands you should do the Sasquatch package aftermarket. Go buy the wheels and tires you want with that money, you will be happier.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In the raptor world .. upgrading to bigger Fox and King shocks alone is over 5K.

No way you are getting Fox and Kings and some suspension bits for 1k

I decided against Sasquatch as you can get a really nice setup from companies like total chaos that come with king or fox shocks and stronger control arms for like 1k more.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was turned off by the manual the second i found out it was not available with the 2.7. I would consider the manual IF the 2.3 had direct and port injection, but it’s direct only.
I’m a fan of direct injection, so that part didn’t bother me. A 2.7L with a stick though. That would be sweet!

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys,

Been lurking around for a little while now and was wondering if anyone thinks you will able to add a Sasquatch package later down the road? Or will it kind of be like a Macbook Pro thing and is only available at the time you initially build it?

Have a 4dr BD reserved and I am going back and forth on the sasquatch package and curious if I can just go back to Ford and add it later.

I wouldn't think so. At least not for the price point they're offering as the package. I'm sure Ford's aftermarket will offer something comparable, but probably sold separately.

I'm in the same boat. $4500 seems like a lot. However, the more I think about it, I feel like it's a pretty good deal given the discounted parts and labor. My BD is looking like it's going to cost above $52k at this rate. That's a tough pill to swallow.

Anyone have an idea of what it would cost to put aftermarket parts comparable to the Sasquatch package?

OP
OP
Vinny6G

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't think so. At least not for the price point they're offering as the package. I'm sure Ford's aftermarket will offer something comparable, but probably sold separately.

I'm in the same boat. $4500 seems like a lot. However, the more I think about it, I feel like it's a pretty good deal given the discounted parts and labor. My BD is looking like it's going to cost above $52k at this rate. That's a tough pill to swallow.

Anyone have an idea of what it would cost to put aftermarket parts comparable to the Sasquatch package?
Exactly, $4,500 almost sounds like a steal now compared to what it could cost down the road. Not to mention, it wouldn't void any warranties.

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I highly doubt they’ll have the parts available for quite some time after the release. That’s even if they offer it post assembly.

My main reason of not going Sasquatch came from learning how pricey the bead lock capable wheels are. $1900 on the raptor which is nearly have the Sasquatch price for something I don’t really need or care about. If you like everything about the squatch, then I would guess you should get it right away when ordering.

Denney78

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan skyline, and a Chevy nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In the raptor world .. upgrading to bigger Fox and King shocks alone is over 5K.

No way you are getting Fox and Kings and some suspension bits for 1k
It’s 1k or so more, so 6-7k the total chaos kits usually run around 3k or so then add the shocks, the point still stands you can get way better components for just a little more
Edit: I’m also pretty sure you miss read my comment I said 1k dollars more than Sasquatch, and remember these are not a full size truck like the raptor

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fox 2.5 coilovers on all 4 corners should be around $3500-$4000. May need new UCAs, may not. Won't be cheap, but I'd rather spend the money for the Fox then the Bilsteins.

There will be cheap spacer (a la mall crawler) lifts for less than $500 if you only want the look and don't care if it rides like crap.

DennisMurray

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For a pair of ARB Air lockers for the axles that come on the Black Diamond it's $1000 for the locker and another $500 for a compressor. I haven't been able to find an aftermarket e-locker for the differential that's installed.

There's likely to eventually be an aftermarket solution for everything on the Bronco short of the driving modes and the electronics - but at what cost and complexity? I'd figure that the front differential is going to be upgradable to the heavier duty one, but will take a good bit of labor to get done.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Adding a Lift and larger tires is not rocket science..it will be doable, probably not has cheap but who knows. There is already a 4" lift in the works by ????

The big question would be the Front Axle and Locker. If you are one that doesn't feel it is that important, then I'd say no.. it's not worth it. If you plan on going with tires over 35" then you will need a lift anyway... so not worth it. Shocks are moot since there will be plenty of choices and are a wearable part anyway.

But as others have said... $5k for upgraded axles, lift, lockers, and 35s (+ spare) is a pretty damn good deal. Now if you are one that can do all the labor yourself... then you could save some cash.

And of course.. if you really had to have that manual and it really is that important to you, then this entire post (and probably thread) is moot. :)

Rizz512

Base
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Zo6, Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The upgraded front axle/locker is making me feel like a base/sasquatch 2.7 over a black diamond 2.7 is a better value for me. I do like the interior better on the BD of course but I feel like I would regret not having a more capable off road rig vs. an interior upgrade. Of course I'll probbably change my mind 20 more times between the two.
Sponsored