Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just throwing this one out there. I had my bronco in for repairs today. My ford dealership does free valet pick up and pick up the bronco from my house and got repairs of the back up camera replacement covered under warranty. All good there. They kept it all day and delivered it this afternoon and gave me the keys and drove off.

After driving somewhere I realized my radar detector is gone. Iā€™ve checked all inside and under everything. Completely missing.

Has anyone had a bad experience like this?? I called them and they said between the pick up guy, the tech, and the delivery guy no one saw it so it basically never happenedā€¦ā€¦

you are all welcome to say I shouldnā€™t have left it and thatā€™s fine. Iā€™m just asking has this happened to anyone before and any pointers on how to escalate this? They were no help on the phone. Thanks
Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Itā€™s a sad world we live in with rampant crimeā€¦ just gotta take absolutely everything out of the vehicle before you take it in

Iā€™ve left some small items in and not had those stolen, but wouldnā€™t risk a radar detector

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think you answered your own question but did you look in glove box, console, door pockets? I don't know why they'd dick with it to remove it for the repairs but who knows. Also thinking that you had it valet pickup, that could be the culprit as well.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When in took my Bronco in for the windshield adhesive recall I left my dash cam ( positioned in front of rear view mirror) and it was there when I picked the ride up. Of course I donā€™t believe for a second they actually pull out the windshield and add adhesive, they just make sure they turn the rear view mirror so it looks like they did windshield work. Lol

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course I donā€™t believe for a second they actually pull out the windshield and add adhesive, they just make sure they turn the rear view mirror so it looks like they did windshield work.
Not true. They also peel up a corner of your inspection/registration/toll tag sticker so it looks like it was removed and reapplied.

OP
OP
Joshc920

Joshc920

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All great answers. I completely understand and after reading the comments for sure I accept itā€™s my fault and shouldnā€™t expect ford to do anything.

warranty visits previously done:
drive shaft replacement
Fuel pump replacement
Brakes vacuum line replacement
Misfires reprogramming
Rear cam replacement / reprogram
Seat belt (useless) clips
and 4 oil changes all at ford and most with valet pick up.

until now all good experiences, I guess instead of building up confidence in the dealerships operations I should have been expecting I was due for something wrongā€¦.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry that you had this recent experience.

When I have valet service through my dealership, the valet photographs the interior/exterior before accepting the fob. When it is returned, they do the same. They do that to protect themselves against false claims (stained seat/interior or dents/scratches on the exterior).

In the future, remove items of value. And items that remain with the vehicle, you can photograph in front of the valet. Call your service advisor and indicate to them that you have documented the contents in view of the valet and ask that they note the action on the service ticket. Anyone that pulls the ticket will see the note and hopefully that will be a deterrent for anyone that may be inclined to have sticky fingers.

OP
OP
Joshc920

Joshc920

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry that you had this recent experience.

When I have valet service through my dealership, the valet photographs the interior/exterior before accepting the fob. When it is returned, they do the same. They do that to protect themselves against false claims (stained seat/interior or dents/scratches on the exterior).

In the future, remove items of value. And items that remain with the vehicle, you can photograph in front of the valet. Call your service advisor and indicate to them that you have documented the contents in view of the valet and ask that they note the action on the service ticket. Anyone that pulls the ticket will see the note and hopefully that will be a deterrent for anyone that may be inclined to have sticky fingers.
great advice! And also just to be clear, Iā€™m not even accusing anyone of stealing, it could have been moved and accidentally trashed with the new camera trash, Iā€™m just not sureā€¦ thanks for the tips

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We now empty EVERYTHING out of vehicles at the dealerships. Anything loose or that can be removed easily is at risk. Tools, toll passes, registrations, paperwork with your address, state passes, mounts, doesn't matter, they're all at risk!

Just saying, Speedway Chevy in Monroe, WA, F@ck U, workers smashed my 3500HD truck bed and stole park and snowmobile passes out of my truck. šŸ–•

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All great answers. I completely understand and after reading the comments for sure I accept itā€™s my fault and shouldnā€™t expect ford to do anything.

warranty visits previously done:
drive shaft replacement
Fuel pump replacement
Brakes vacuum line replacement
Misfires reprogramming
Rear cam replacement / reprogram
Seat belt (useless) clips
and 4 oil changes all at ford and most with valet pick up.

until now all good experiences, I guess instead of building up confidence in the dealerships operations I should have been expecting I was due for something wrongā€¦.
After seeing all your warranty visits I think you've paid your dues for things going wrong. Sorry it happened to you.

OP
OP
Joshc920

Joshc920

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After seeing all your warranty visits I think you've paid your dues for things going wrong. Sorry it happened to you.
Yeah my 2021 bronco was collecting all the TSB jobs like they are infinity stonesā€¦. Gotta catch em all!

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one time we want to see a message from the Ford bot, nuthin!

Jimsea

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw on the news that a couple of female Astronauts on a space walk are missing a tool bag. You never know when things are going to come up missing.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We now empty EVERYTHING out of vehicles at the dealerships. Anything loose or that can be removed easily is at risk. Tools, toll passes, registrations, paperwork with your address, state passes, mounts, doesn't matter, they're all at risk!

Just saying, Speedway Chevy in Monroe, WA, F@ck U, workers smashed my 3500HD truck bed and stole park and snowmobile passes out of my truck. šŸ–•
Monroe ainā€™t the town it used to be. Moved there in ā€˜94 and in the last 5 years itā€™s gone to hell. I tried to buy a truck at speedway and they didnā€™t seem interested in ordering a truck, only in selling me a truck with a rediculous ADM. Bickford Ford however has gone above and beyond for me on buying a Bronco.

Sorry to hear about your stuff going missing, that sucks.
Sponsored