Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think carvana and carmax would be the most accurate as they are wholesale numbers. some of the old kbb and others are wayyyy off.
Carvana was 7k less than what my dealer could do on a trade in. Carmax was 3k less. I wanted 4k more than the trade offer but after listing for a month, I just took the trade offer. November/ December seem to be a slow time for used car sales. Selling privately is a pain and I don’t have room for an extra vehicle. I know I could have gotten more if I were more patient but I’m ok with it.
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Admittingly, I probably did. But, honestly, with the timing, I just didn't have the time or energy to deal with all of it. The dealership call at 12:30 pm yesterday and wanted me to pick it up ASAP. I have a child graduating college tomorrow, dealership is not open on weekends. Needed to arrange financing, (because I had no idea it was on the way, no updates from ANYONE,) I have an adult disabled child, who has had 3 surgeries since Oct (Giving Pickline IV daily), Swamped at work (small office with only 2 employees and the other is going on Vacation next week so, I will be there from 8AM to 5pm (dealership closes at 5 and is 45 mins away) BOTH my divorced Parents dealing is dementia {2 different locations, must), Christmas 10 days away. Sure...... these are ALL MY PROBLEMS, But this SCREWED-UP Ordering, manufacturing, production, delivery & timing fiasco Ford created did not help, I am just very frustrated that it took Ford so long to deliver in the 1st place. And go ahead and nay-say. I still have the right to express my frustrations against the entire process from beginning to end! Just wanted a half-way fair deal and I do not think it was offered.
How does a dealer stay in business not being open on the weekend? Crazy. Sounds very frustrating for you. If you still want a Bronco, you’ll have an easier time in a year or so.

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered 2 years ago this month! I was driving a 2003 Camry and since Ford could not tell me WHEN my Bronco was going to arrive, I was forced to buy another car in June of this year. So I get a call yesterday to tell me my Bronco was in! YAY ME!

Well.... Not so fast! I get to the dealer check out the Bronco, take a test drive, and leave my current vehicle (2019 Acura, Low mileage, Tech package, and EXCELLENT SHAPE) for the dealer to appraise for trade-in. The sale-man and General manager tell me they had (3) people stop by as they were unloading the Bronco and said they would buy it right then..... So....after the test drive, I tell the salesman to let go talk numbers.

Little background info: I work in the Financial world of Investments, and I use to be a loan officer for several years, I don't need anyone to tell me what my "NOTE" will be! I can figure that! I am buying from a dealer right in the Middle of the Haynesville Shale, (one of the wealthiest locations in our state). LOTS OF MONEY in this little part of the county, Many people became Millionaires practically overnight! I know this because I work in investments in the area, I have 1st hand knowledge of the mailbox money that the area receives.

Story continued... We sit down in his office, he is having problems with his computer. After waiting 20-25 mins for the "Computer" to work. I outright ask "Can you just tell me what you are giving me for trade-in"? I can figure out all the rest. (I already know the price of the Bronco). Well, the salesman looked confused, He paused and said "I need to put it in the computer, so we can get the number right" I explained, "All I needed to know right now is what they are giving me on trade-in". After waiting a minute or two, the salesman asked another man (guessing Gen. manager?) what they were giving me for trade-in. It was $7,000. below Trade-in VALUE on the low side! I told both men, " They weren't even in the ballpark"! The general manager replied "That was the best they could do because, in their area, there just wasn't a market for a High-In cars. The gist was people in that area didn't make the money to pay that price. However, in a town 30 miles away I could easily get that for my car" Because it was a larger market.

Now....I am not one that places my wants over needs, after all, it is just a car (It was my dream car, but it was just a car. A car I waited (2) years for, but just a car! {I am trying to make myself feel better by repeating this}). The trade-in price was an outright slap in the face and I knew what they were doing. I knew I was locked in at the original price on the Bronco and they did hold up to that end of the deal. However, they knew if they screw me on the trade-in and lowballed it, then they would make a great profit off the sale of my trade-in. Or... I would give up the Bronco and they could now mark it up to "WHATEVER PRICE" they please and make their whopping profit there! Well.... I walked away without a Bronco! Thanks, FORD, I wasted 2 years of my life and you screwed me once again! :( MERRY CHIRSTMAS TO ME! AND to "ALL" of you!
You know............. everyone seems to complain about dealers marking Broncos up way over sticker price, but unless people start "walking away" as you did, and the dealer was essentially just "marking up" the Bronco, why wouldn't the dealers just KEEP marking them up ? WHO on this Forum would sell me their new Bronco for sticker price if they could immediately turn around and sell it for $10K over that ? I bet not many, if any ?
But I do agree that it wasn't all Fords fault - except for their inability to control the dealers that distribute their product.....which is why Ford is changing how they sell cars with their new EV's ............. they will sell them more along the lines of how Tesla sells cars........... putting them more in control. Probably a good thing in the case of BAD dealers, but maybe not so good in the case of GOOD dealers.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man I just have the same question everyone else has….

having waited for it for so long and seeing all the games dealers have played over that time…

Why’d you act like trading it in was the only option?
Probably if wanting more for the image, opting out isn't such a big deal. For example if the Acura would accomplish the same tasks and get you to the same places as the Bronco. It would be a lot harder to turn down the Bronco, if for real needing the functionality to get places off-road, pull a trailer, haul kayaks ... things of that nature. I wouldn't want to go off-roading in an Acura. :)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered 2 years ago this month!

The absolute best part of this entire thread, maybe even the entire forum today is all this drama of yours .... AND ... the first line of your signature!

#Disgustedw/Ford, Can't afford to give up!

In the end, you folded like a house of cards.

This story line is beautiful. It brings to mind the "Comedy and Tragedy" masks from the theater.
Ford Bronco It's Here! / But I left it on the lot!  :( 1671169056616

jay1122

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No idea why people are turning on the OP. Walking away from the deal due to low ball trade in offer is a fair reason. OP probably does not care about Bronco too much. Honestly, I am more shocked with OP jumping from a 2003 200K+ Miles Toyota to brand new Bronco. If money and investment is the priority, buying another decent shaped off lease Toyota camry should make more financial sense. If looking for some enthusiastic expensive fun car, why care about a few thousand $$ lost in trade in tax reduction? Bronco is very high on demand. People pay markup for it.

Personally I would buy the bronco and sell the trade in through Carmax. I would get the Carmax offer before stepping into the dealer. Just to get an idea first and help negotiate.

Side note. Carmax and Carvana offers recently are also low ball. It is much much lower than KBB. Mostly due to the downward trending wholesale price and the looming recession prediction I guess.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were that intrested in a bronco, you would have kept in contact with your dealer on the order status. If you think they low balled your current vehicle trade in, your pervious car a 03 camry with that many miles wouldn't even cover the sales tax. Sounds to me like the bronco was out of your price range from the start. Let's blame Ford for my low ball trade in đź‘Ť

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered 2 years ago this month! I was driving a 2003 Camry and since Ford could not tell me WHEN my Bronco was going to arrive, I was forced to buy another car in June of this year. So I get a call yesterday to tell me my Bronco was in! YAY ME!

Well.... Not so fast! I get to the dealer check out the Bronco, take a test drive, and leave my current vehicle (2019 Acura, Low mileage, Tech package, and EXCELLENT SHAPE) for the dealer to appraise for trade-in. The sale-man and General manager tell me they had (3) people stop by as they were unloading the Bronco and said they would buy it right then..... So....after the test drive, I tell the salesman to let go talk numbers.

Little background info: I work in the Financial world of Investments, and I use to be a loan officer for several years, I don't need anyone to tell me what my "NOTE" will be! I can figure that! I am buying from a dealer right in the Middle of the Haynesville Shale, (one of the wealthiest locations in our state). LOTS OF MONEY in this little part of the county, Many people became Millionaires practically overnight! I know this because I work in investments in the area, I have 1st hand knowledge of the mailbox money that the area receives.

Story continued... We sit down in his office, he is having problems with his computer. After waiting 20-25 mins for the "Computer" to work. I outright ask "Can you just tell me what you are giving me for trade-in"? I can figure out all the rest. (I already know the price of the Bronco). Well, the salesman looked confused, He paused and said "I need to put it in the computer, so we can get the number right" I explained, "All I needed to know right now is what they are giving me on trade-in". After waiting a minute or two, the salesman asked another man (guessing Gen. manager?) what they were giving me for trade-in. It was $7,000. below Trade-in VALUE on the low side! I told both men, " They weren't even in the ballpark"! The general manager replied "That was the best they could do because, in their area, there just wasn't a market for a High-In cars. The gist was people in that area didn't make the money to pay that price. However, in a town 30 miles away I could easily get that for my car" Because it was a larger market.

Now....I am not one that places my wants over needs, after all, it is just a car (It was my dream car, but it was just a car. A car I waited (2) years for, but just a car! {I am trying to make myself feel better by repeating this}). The trade-in price was an outright slap in the face and I knew what they were doing. I knew I was locked in at the original price on the Bronco and they did hold up to that end of the deal. However, they knew if they screw me on the trade-in and lowballed it, then they would make a great profit off the sale of my trade-in. Or... I would give up the Bronco and they could now mark it up to "WHATEVER PRICE" they please and make their whopping profit there! Well.... I walked away without a Bronco! Thanks, FORD, I wasted 2 years of my life and you screwed me once again! :( MERRY CHIRSTMAS TO ME! AND to "ALL" of you!
I was in the exact same boat. Got sick of waiting and ordered a mustang last summer. After over 2 years waiting I get a call letting me know my bronco was in. Wasn’t about to let the dealer make a huge profit for doing nothing. I knew I couldn’t afford both car payments. I took delivery of the bronco, drove it for a month, then took it to car max where they wrote me a check for 2 grand.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey. Have you ever tried to trade-in a vehicle before? The dealership will never give you what it is worth. How can you walk away from the Bronco because of a trade-in? Why not get the Kelly Blue Book cash offer value and go to a dealer that partners with them? Seems odd to walk away from the Bronco because of the trade-in. Just saying.

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just as an FYI. In some states, such as Colorado, the state government has almost forced you into trading with the dealership you are buying from. If you don't trade with the dealer you are buying from you lose your entire sales tax credit for the trade in.......... and on a $50,000 new vehicle tax can amount to almost $5,.000, which you would receive no credit against. I would guess that the area car dealers got together and PRESSURED the state government to pass such a law?
But. The extra sales tax will be less than the thousands lost on the trade.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.