Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's amazing to me in this day and age that dealers still try to lowball trades. Everyone has access to cars.com, Carvana, Carmax, and a host of other easy to use, nearly instant access offers for their used car.
VERY true….but this guy took advantage of none of them.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry but the claim they had no idea when the Bronco would show up at all just went out the window. Not only did they know the blend date but they had plenty of time to sort out the used car.

I knew there had to be more to the story.

As for calling the Bronco nothing more important that an appliance I'm glad it's going to someone who will actually appreciate it.

I wish we knew which dealer so we could call and thank them for making the right decision.

Seriously, Dude?

And I thought Star Wars fanboys were bad. Geez...

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Spare me the drama and complaining. BooHoo.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered 2 years ago this month! I was driving a 2003 Camry and since Ford could not tell me WHEN my Bronco was going to arrive, I was forced to buy another car in June of this year. So I get a call yesterday to tell me my Bronco was in! YAY ME!

Well.... Not so fast! I get to the dealer check out the Bronco, take a test drive, and leave my current vehicle (2019 Acura, Low mileage, Tech package, and EXCELLENT SHAPE) for the dealer to appraise for trade-in. The sale-man and General manager tell me they had (3) people stop by as they were unloading the Bronco and said they would buy it right then..... So....after the test drive, I tell the salesman to let go talk numbers.

Little background info: I work in the Financial world of Investments, and I use to be a loan officer for several years, I don't need anyone to tell me what my "NOTE" will be! I can figure that! I am buying from a dealer right in the Middle of the Haynesville Shale, (one of the wealthiest locations in our state). LOTS OF MONEY in this little part of the county, Many people became Millionaires practically overnight! I know this because I work in investments in the area, I have 1st hand knowledge of the mailbox money that the area receives.

Story continued... We sit down in his office, he is having problems with his computer. After waiting 20-25 mins for the "Computer" to work. I outright ask "Can you just tell me what you are giving me for trade-in"? I can figure out all the rest. (I already know the price of the Bronco). Well, the salesman looked confused, He paused and said "I need to put it in the computer, so we can get the number right" I explained, "All I needed to know right now is what they are giving me on trade-in". After waiting a minute or two, the salesman asked another man (guessing Gen. manager?) what they were giving me for trade-in. It was $7,000. below Trade-in VALUE on the low side! I told both men, " They weren't even in the ballpark"! The general manager replied "That was the best they could do because, in their area, there just wasn't a market for a High-In cars. The gist was people in that area didn't make the money to pay that price. However, in a town 30 miles away I could easily get that for my car" Because it was a larger market.

Now....I am not one that places my wants over needs, after all, it is just a car (It was my dream car, but it was just a car. A car I waited (2) years for, but just a car! {I am trying to make myself feel better by repeating this}). The trade-in price was an outright slap in the face and I knew what they were doing. I knew I was locked in at the original price on the Bronco and they did hold up to that end of the deal. However, they knew if they screw me on the trade-in and lowballed it, then they would make a great profit off the sale of my trade-in. Or... I would give up the Bronco and they could now mark it up to "WHATEVER PRICE" they please and make their whopping profit there! Well.... I walked away without a Bronco! Thanks, FORD, I wasted 2 years of my life and you screwed me once again! :( MERRY CHIRSTMAS TO ME! AND to "ALL" of you!
carmingo typically will give you over KBB in a 24 hour auction.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
March back in there and close the deal- it is still your reservation.....you waited a long time like 99.99% of us.
Don't pull out before the finish.

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like you really didn't want the Bronco anymore and used the sale of your car as the deal breaker.
The more I think about it, you're right. It sounds like they might have been looking for an excuse to not buy it. Because there were plenty of other options that would have worked out just fine.

Rrehder

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just as an FYI. In some states, such as Colorado, the state government has almost forced you into trading with the dealership you are buying from. If you don't trade with the dealer you are buying from you lose your entire sales tax credit for the trade in.......... and on a $50,000 new vehicle tax can amount to almost $5,.000, which you would receive no credit against. I would guess that the area car dealers got together and PRESSURED the state government to pass such a law?
This is the game I had to play when getting my bronco this weekends. They weren’t this shady but they always try to leverage the tax benefit in the trade in number.

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered 2 years ago this month! I was driving a 2003 Camry and since Ford could not tell me WHEN my Bronco was going to arrive, I was forced to buy another car in June of this year. So I get a call yesterday to tell me my Bronco was in! YAY ME!

Well.... Not so fast! I get to the dealer check out the Bronco, take a test drive, and leave my current vehicle (2019 Acura, Low mileage, Tech package, and EXCELLENT SHAPE) for the dealer to appraise for trade-in. The sale-man and General manager tell me they had (3) people stop by as they were unloading the Bronco and said they would buy it right then..... So....after the test drive, I tell the salesman to let go talk numbers.

Little background info: I work in the Financial world of Investments, and I use to be a loan officer for several years, I don't need anyone to tell me what my "NOTE" will be! I can figure that! I am buying from a dealer right in the Middle of the Haynesville Shale, (one of the wealthiest locations in our state). LOTS OF MONEY in this little part of the county, Many people became Millionaires practically overnight! I know this because I work in investments in the area, I have 1st hand knowledge of the mailbox money that the area receives.

Story continued... We sit down in his office, he is having problems with his computer. After waiting 20-25 mins for the "Computer" to work. I outright ask "Can you just tell me what you are giving me for trade-in"? I can figure out all the rest. (I already know the price of the Bronco). Well, the salesman looked confused, He paused and said "I need to put it in the computer, so we can get the number right" I explained, "All I needed to know right now is what they are giving me on trade-in". After waiting a minute or two, the salesman asked another man (guessing Gen. manager?) what they were giving me for trade-in. It was $7,000. below Trade-in VALUE on the low side! I told both men, " They weren't even in the ballpark"! The general manager replied "That was the best they could do because, in their area, there just wasn't a market for a High-In cars. The gist was people in that area didn't make the money to pay that price. However, in a town 30 miles away I could easily get that for my car" Because it was a larger market.

Now....I am not one that places my wants over needs, after all, it is just a car (It was my dream car, but it was just a car. A car I waited (2) years for, but just a car! {I am trying to make myself feel better by repeating this}). The trade-in price was an outright slap in the face and I knew what they were doing. I knew I was locked in at the original price on the Bronco and they did hold up to that end of the deal. However, they knew if they screw me on the trade-in and lowballed it, then they would make a great profit off the sale of my trade-in. Or... I would give up the Bronco and they could now mark it up to "WHATEVER PRICE" they please and make their whopping profit there! Well.... I walked away without a Bronco! Thanks, FORD, I wasted 2 years of my life and you screwed me once again! :( MERRY CHIRSTMAS TO ME! AND to "ALL" of you!
That really sucks... but with all due respect you didn't really waste any time off your life waiting. You wasted your energy and hopes for two years and the end result wasn't what you had pictured. I get it, it sucks, but you still had your job, family and moved on waiting for this vehicle. Not trying to be a dick, just some perspective. I know you know... I'm not trying to school or belittle you, but tough for me to believe you "wasted" two years of your life like you were locked in a cage like Paul Whelan.

That said, I hope you enact revenge upon that dealership. They are very evil people and hopefully someday they are all out of business.

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How would you get tax credit without trading it.
Having lived in both Kansas and Missouri I can say when I sold a car to an individual and then bought a new car, with a Bill of Sale to the buyer, the state would credit that amount for tax purposes against the new car purchase. I don’t remember if the bill of sale had to be notarized or not ?

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was given several thousand over what I paid for my Bronco Sport when I traded for my Bronco. Drove my Bronco for about a year and decided I didn’t really like it the more I drove it, traded it off, got more that I paid for it and now am in a 22 Explorer ST. Maybe I’ll get another Bronco in a few years. My old one is somewhere in Colorado now.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry this happened OP. The reservation system has given dealers too much power in terms of what they can do. This shouldnt happen to anyone.
As for the posters saying it is the OPs fault....you need to get a life.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.