Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uh … Its on a two post car lift 5’ off the ground
Ya I could see it's up on a lift.

Looks like it's mounted at a 45 degree angle in relation to your garage door. I was just curious about your garage setup, it looks nice.
Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in the jeep world for a long time..not on the forums for a couple of years since I got rid of my LJ...but a quick Google search:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jcr-not-standing-behind-their-part.38020/

https://www.wranglerforum.com/threa...nce-is-turning-out-to-be-frustrating.1224065/

https://www.jeepforum.com/threads/how-does-jcr-offroad-stay-in-business.1091425/

I remember many more from back in the day...but I am sure your own google browser works good enough for a quick search.
So you picked 3 threads? You know we have been in business for 19 years right? We also ship over 2200 customer orders a month and nearly 400,000 customer orders lifetime.

We have exceptional customer service. Do we make mistakes? Yes. Do some customers go away unhappy because they catch a vine on their tire carrier on the trail and yank it in half? Yes.

If you ever wonder about of reputation, google and read 19 years of customer posts.

It’s totally ok if you don’t like our company and want to post how much you think we suck, but don’t try to frame it into something it’s not.

Last edited:

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just my 2 cents, I’m running all of the @JcrOffroad skids, as well as their winch plate. Everything fits well, and I did have one issue with the transmission skid being shipped without a bolt pack and they had a bag in my hands in 2 days. Glad to see Brian stepping in here.

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much the same response when I mentioned the camera relocate brackets weren't aligned and the camera cable being 20' was ridiculous. Yea there have commented about the winch plate not aligning as well.
It would be bette if the response wasn't a shrug their shoulders.
Im sorry if you felt disregarded. The first batch we had a bending issue with the hood bracket. Some customers wanted replacement, some just made it work. If you are in that camp, I think there must have been a miss understanding. Do you need a new part? Did you make it work? We can send a replacement part. Just contact our CS. [email protected] or 269.353.1184

As for the cable, we launched a new product on a brand new vehicle. Sourcing is and will continue to be a problem. Finding reliable vendors for parts we don’t make is a challenge. I’m not sure if you sent the eBay listing to a Chinese seller for a shorter cable, but this turned out not to be a reliable provider for the amount we need. The alternative is no camera relocation kits.

Sponsored

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So you picked 3 threads? You know we have been in business for 19 years right? We also ship over 2200 customer orders a month and nearly 400,000 customer orders lifetime.

We have exceptional customer service. Do we make mistakes? Yes. Do some customers go away unhappy because they catch a vine on their tire carrier on the trail and yank it in half? Yes.

If you ever wonder about of reputation, google and read 19 years of customer posts.

It’s totally ok if you don’t like our company and want to post how much you think we suck, but don’t try to frame it into something it’s not.

I was replying to @Destroyer. He said he NEVER heard anything bad about your stuff. I just did a quick Google to show him some links. Besides the OP's post here...there are others who had issues with their purchases from you.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As for the cable, we launched a new product on a brand new vehicle. Sourcing is and will continue to be a problem. Finding reliable vendors for parts we don’t make is a challenge. I’m not sure if you sent the eBay listing to a Chinese seller for a shorter cable, but this turned out not to be a reliable provider for the amount we need. The alternative is no camera relocation kits.
Wow. Way to pass the buck.

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Due to the slight variations in the lower shock mount angles these JCR shock skids can be way off from being lined up with the shock. After sending multiple photos and emails of how crooked the passenger side skid is on my Bronco Mitchell at JCR said “ I don’t see an issue with that” LOL. He doesn't see an issue with the skid mounting so crooked it looks terrible and it will hit the trailing arm. You'll be taking a chance if you buy these and they won’t take them back.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SD-SH.html

9801BF76-3401-4CAA-9543-5D39EDC67BF8.jpeg

2A125637-F8C9-4EED-AF7E-E65644DF0083.jpeg
I spoke with Mitchell this morning and he filled me In.
1.) Those are aftermarket control arms
2.) You have aftermarket coils

Is the axle centered? At droop, the axle is going to shift down to the passenger side, making the skids closer on the passenger side. It will be worse if the traction bar has not be changed to accommodate additional lift.

These were designed with factory control arms. If aftermarket control arms are larger in shape, that can make things tighter.

Have you checked the positioning on the shock mount from the factory? Is it slightly angle vs the other side? The skid bolts to that. A slight difference from the factory can cause it to be angled.

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. Way to pass the buck.
Not passing the buck. I’m just saying, right now it’s our best solution. That’s transparency. We have sourced a shorter cable, but it’s still longer than needed.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been in the Jeep world for years and have never heard of this "bad reputation". Would be interested to hear/see some examples of this.
Years ago, I bought front and rear bumpers for my XJ from them. The mounting tower on the rear bumper for the passenger side was about an inch shorter than the driver side, which caused that side to sit in deeper. I simply used a 1" shim to bring it out and went on with my business. I'm sure they're a bigger, better company today, so I'd probably give them another chance today if I needed something.

Sponsored

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the 2dr window panel from jcr, the fit and finish was perfect. Aside from no instructions included, i had no issues with the product and a bit of using my brain got the job done quickly. Not saying every order goes as smooth but i dont believe ops case is their fault or a reason to say never buy from these guys.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Im sorry if you felt disregarded. The first batch we had a bending issue with the hood bracket. Some customers wanted replacement, some just made it work. If you are in that camp, I think there must have been a miss understanding. Do you need a new part? Did you make it work? We can send a replacement part. Just contact our CS. [email protected] or 269.353.1184

yeah the bracket was less of an issue than the cable. Bracket could be made to work. The cable was not. The version provided by JCR was an extension cable that still required you to use the grill section of your factory cable. Since the factory cable was heavily wrapped in tape it was kinda of a mess. Add on the length and it wasn't even a viable solution.

i was able to order a cable for $10 that was the correct length and had the correct connectors to allow me to not have a birds nest hidden somewhere and I didn't have to taped up factory harness as the last section of cable.

i get supply chains issues, I am the PM for a $70million project. I fight it everyday.

what would have been appropriate is a note in the box acknowledging the cable issue and a commitment to making it right when the correct parts where available.

i was happy to have the option very early on for a camera relocate and I appreciate your efforts to get products to market quickly. The camera relocate kit isn't cheap for what it is. It just seems wrong to have shipped the product out without a promise to fix it later.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never had an issue with JCR stuff. Have the rear window molle panels and they fit great.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.