First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you checked the angle at ride height? the Track bar tends to pull the axle to one side when lifted all the way up
It’s not the trackbar. The skid doesn’t align at all vertically with the spring. Look a
You must mean compression because it is a full droop now. On a lift with the wheels off the ground. Full droop.
No I meant at droop flexed
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I spoke with Mitchell this morning and he filled me In.
1.) Those are aftermarket control arms
2.) You have aftermarket coils

Is the axle centered? At droop, the axle is going to shift down to the passenger side, making the skids closer on the passenger side. It will be worse if the traction bar has not be changed to accommodate additional lift.

These were designed with factory control arms. If aftermarket control arms are larger in shape, that can make things tighter.

Have you checked the positioning on the shock mount from the factory? Is it slightly angle vs the other side? The skid bolts to that. A slight difference from the factory can cause it to be angled.
And there we go. Letting the second side bring in the information that @PCDan conveniently left out of the original post.

Amazingly, there was omitted information but now a resolution can be found and the answer was somewhere in the middle.

Turns out it was like the plot to all 176 episodes of Three's Company. In the end it was all just one big misunderstanding.

**it's perfectly reasonable that this part wouldn't fit with other brand aftermarket parts perfectly, so this thread seems like a misguided mud slinging. The OP should clean up his first post with an "Updated" section to include the gleefully omitted information and the resolution so this doesn't hang as a potential negative mark against the vendor for those stuck in their TLDR lifestyle and only read the first page of a thread.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I spoke with Mitchell this morning and he filled me In.
1.) Those are aftermarket control arms
2.) You have aftermarket coils

Is the axle centered? At droop, the axle is going to shift down to the passenger side, making the skids closer on the passenger side. It will be worse if the traction bar has not be changed to accommodate additional lift.

These were designed with factory control arms. If aftermarket control arms are larger in shape, that can make things tighter.

Have you checked the positioning on the shock mount from the factory? Is it slightly angle vs the other side? The skid bolts to that. A slight difference from the factory can cause it to be angled.
Thanks for replying.

Yes I’m running Camburg trailing arms and Fox Coilovers. Neither have anything to do with the angle of the skid plate … but yes the very slightly wider Camburg trailing arm is closer to the skid than the stock trailing arm. All of this was discussed with Mitchell. As you acknowledge , and I said in my original post, slight variations in the angle of the shock mount seem to cause an exaggerated offset at the top of the skid relative to the shock spring. This was the purpose of my post to let others know they might run into the same issue. On the shorter skid plates it’s much less noticeable and they are below the trailing arms. I’ll probably just cut them down to be shorter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And there we go. Letting the second side bring in the information that @PCDan conveniently left out of the original post.

Amazingly, there was omitted information but now a resolution can be found and the answer was somewhere in the middle.

Turns out it was like the plot to all 176 episodes of Three's Company. In the end it was all just one big misunderstanding.

**it's perfectly reasonable that this part wouldn't fit with other brand aftermarket parts perfectly, so this thread seems like a misguided mud slinging. The OP should clean up his first post with an "Updated" section to include the gleefully omitted information and the resolution so this doesn't hang as a potential negative mark against the vendor for those stuck in their TLDR lifestyle and only read the first page of a thread.
Well Mr post police , take a look at my reply to JCR. The Camburg trailing arms and Fox coilovers have nothing to do with the angle of the skid hard mounted to the shock mount. And fyi there was nothing “conveniently left out “ or omitted in my conversations with Mitchell at JCR. They know the suspension I am running. And also far from “left out” of my post here, it’s pretty F-ing obvious in the photos lol … 🤡

Last edited:

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for replying.

Yes I’m running Camburg trailing arms and Fox Coilovers. Neither have anything to do with the angle of the skid plate … but yes the very slightly wider Camburg trailing arm is closer to the skid than the stock trailing arm. All of this was discussed with Mitchell. As you acknowledge , and I said in my original post, slight variations in the angle of the shock mount seem to cause an exaggerated offset at the top of the skid relative to the shock spring. This was the purpose of my post to let others know they might run into the same issue. On the shorter skids plates it’s much less noticeable and they are below the trailing arms. I’ll probably just cut them down to be shorter.
I thought the purpouse of your post was to bash jcr for an issue out of their control and not the fault of their product. Leaving out initial information leads us to believe this would have been a problem for everyone. Nice damage control though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I thought the purpouse of your post was to bash jcr for an issue out of their control and not the fault of their product. Leaving out initial information leads us to believe this would have been a problem for everyone. Nice damage control though.
Nope … just pointing it out for others. They knew about the suspension I’m running, which has nothing to do with the issue, so it is a potential issue for anyone. (my trailing arm is just slightly wider than stock, so yes I’ll admit the skid it’s closer )

I didn’t add my suspension specs to this post because it has nothing to do with the angle of the skid itself (and it’s obvious in the photos anyway)

I’ll update my original post to make it lclear it’s an FYI

Last edited:

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d be happy dig deeper into this issue with you. We do not want unhappy customers if the issues is ours. Shoot me a pm on here if you want to see if we can come up with a solution.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well Mr post police , take a look at my reply to JCR. The Camburg trailing arms and Fox coilovers have nothing to do with the angle of the skid hard mounted to the shock mount. And fyi there was nothing “conveniently left out “ or omitted in my conversations with Mitchell at JCR. They know the suspension I am running. And also far from “left out” of my post here, it’s pretty F-ing obvious in the photos lol … 🤡
Hey, if you think modified systems should all fit together interchangeably and it's not worth mentioning then your post was superb!

I guess in the world we've evolved into where customers expect full OEM fitment and everything should be a bolt-on.

What a time to be alive if that were true!

PS: you've changed the axle location enough with your modifications that it's entirely reasonable that this incredibly minor fitment issue would happen. That you didn't take the effort to simply bend or remove some material to make it fit your modified setup certainly jive with your opinion that the modifications weren't worth mentioning.

But hey, I get it, the customer is always right. 👌
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.