Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are still working on new offerings! Here’s our tailgate reinforcement bracket. Comes with the accessories/rotopax mount.

CE7BF556-6EC3-4153-B608-86B271F0081F.jpeg

FAEF022E-1AA6-48D8-B777-6C73C4FA84A3.jpeg
I think I'm gonna order this. When you take more pics can you do one of this with your tire platform rack? I'd like to see how they look together.

Any chance of a discount for ordering both items? Now that it can support more weight it seems like the tire platform has more utility now.

I think I saw some where you said 50-100 pounds over spec for the load. What's the spec weight again? Ive seen it floating around somewhere.
Sponsored

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be very interested in an option for those who have removed the seats from the 2-door. A 36" or 48" drawer would be cool. Maybe 4-6" high. Ideally split so you could have a drawer only take up half or have two drawers that would create a flat surface again. I know that it's tricky since you don't have a seat delete/leveling surface to guarantee fitment. Just a thought!

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about some super minimal, no winch BAJA style bumpers.
That dont need fender flares. Integrated only to the body.

This segment doesnt have much on the market thats good.

Theres WAY too many plate steel, winch bumpers out there already.
Agreed. I was hoping for a Protofab type baja winch bumper like I have on my '74. The SVC and CBI bumpers are closest, but they're both more $$ then the plate bumpers I'm considering.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed. I was hoping for a Protofab type baja winch bumper like I have on my '74. The SVC and CBI bumpers are closest, but they're both more $$ then the plate bumpers I'm considering.
SVC is my top choice now. It allows fender delete & is nice & simple

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are still working on new offerings! Here’s our tailgate reinforcement bracket. Comes with the accessories/rotopax mount.

CE7BF556-6EC3-4153-B608-86B271F0081F.jpeg

FAEF022E-1AA6-48D8-B777-6C73C4FA84A3.jpeg
On your website it doesn't mention anything about the Rotopax mount being included like you mentioned here. Does it come with it? Do you have any pics of the bracket without the rotopax on? I'm interested in ordering this.

Thank you!

Sponsored
OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On your website it doesn't mention anything about the Rotopax mount being included like you mentioned here. Does it come with it? Do you have any pics of the bracket without the rotopax on? I'm interested in ordering this.

Thank you!
We omitted it. With the rotopax installed it smashes the taillight 😬 we have not figured out a good way to limit the door throw, so we are not willing to potentially wreck someone’s bronco with it installed.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We omitted it. With the rotopax installed it smashes the taillight 😬 we have not figured out a good way to limit the door throw, so we are not willing to potentially wreck someone’s bronco with it installed.

Ok thanks for the fast reply.

I see you have your tire rack with all this on it and no tire reinforcement. Do you also have your molle table on the inside? Stuff on the table?

Just comparing all my options and seeing what I truly need / want.

Ford Bronco JcrOffroad - prototyping begins! Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 2.43.19 PM

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RTR has a stut limiting device. That is the only thing on the market that I'm aware of.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok thanks for the fast reply.

I see you have your tire rack with all this on it and no tire reinforcement. Do you also have your molle table on the inside? Stuff on the table?

Just comparing all my options and seeing what I truly need / want.

Ford Bronco JcrOffroad - prototyping begins! Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 2.43.19 PM
yes to the table. We didn’t have the tailgate plate yet, but I would really Recommend it if you are running this basket.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RTR has a stut limiting device. That is the only thing on the market that I'm aware of.
Based on keyboard research I’m not confident that RTR’s strut limit arm will work very well with aftermarket rear bumpers due to clearance issues. Plus I’m not wild about adding shims to lower the bumper. TBD until more owners give it a try.

An interesting approach could be heavy duty aftermarket tailgate hinges that limit the gate swing to 90°. Maybe then we could mount a Jerry can or other accessories on a tailgate reinforcement solution w/o crushing the tail light. Low pro tail lights may also be a consideration.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on keyboard research I’m not confident that RTR’s strut limit arm will work very well with aftermarket rear bumpers due to clearance issues. Plus I’m not wild about adding shims to lower the bumper. TBD until more owners give it a try.

An interesting approach could be heavy duty aftermarket tailgate hinges that limit the gate swing to 90°. Maybe then we could mount a Jerry can or other accessories on a tailgate reinforcement solution w/o crushing the tail light. Low pro tail lights may also be a consideration.
Yes. Just becomes more money, so does the expense to haul a rotopax can make sense? In most cases, I would say no.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Just becomes more money, so does the expense to haul a rotopax can make sense? In most cases, I would say no.
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the interaction. I work in product development so I understand the challenge of consumer interface when discussing design.

I’m not 100% on what you’re saying however I understand that added cost does not automatically equal better. Simple is typically better in my book.

My speculations are centered around the goal of carrying extra fuel b/c 2Door’s tank is small and I prefer jerry cans over rotopax.

Stepping up to a Vanguard rear bumper with dual swings would provide this solution. I’m just looking to keep overall weight down.

cheers! Have a great weekend.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the interaction. I work in product development so I understand the challenge of consumer interface when discussing design.

I’m not 100% on what you’re saying however I understand that added cost does not automatically equal better. Simple is typically better in my book.

My speculations are centered around the goal of carrying extra fuel b/c 2Door’s tank is small and I prefer jerry cans over rotopax.

Stepping up to a Vanguard rear bumper with dual swings would provide this solution. I’m just looking to keep overall weight down.

cheers! Have a great weekend.
Im saying the added things increase the cost of the product. For example, some kind of bullet replacement hinges or aftermarket tail lights.

Have you looked at our spare tire basket? You can run two rotopax on that.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im saying the added things increase the cost of the product. For example, some kind of bullet replacement hinges or aftermarket tail lights.

Have you looked at our spare tire basket? You can run two rotopax on that.
Thanks & yes. I hear ya 100%. I’m the Tent & Furniture category director for several outdoor camping & backpacking brands.

Yes, I’m familiar with JCR’s tire basket. Thanks for the suggestion. 🤘

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Roughly how much time would it take for a solo person with absolutely no experience to install the crusader front bumper, and could I do it myself with a modest amount of tools/resources?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.