Jeep Magneto is neet-o

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many gears in the manual? Tesla has no gears as do many other electrics. Porsche has two. This would need to be at least 4 gears to make it fun. Haha

OP
OP

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How many gears in the manual? Tesla has no gears as do many other electrics. Porsche has two. This would need to be at least 4 gears to make it fun. Haha
The article shows the Magneto as having a six speed plus a transfer case with low range. That seems about right.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The article shows the Magneto as having a six speed plus a transfer case with low range. That seems about right.
The article offered no mention of how many gears were there. The words underneath the picture did. Haha.

If they built that I would buy. 6 sp man with 0-60 in 2.0 seconds. Wow.

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My only question is why, electric engines start from 0rpm with max torque, thereā€™s no real ā€œcurveā€ to shift by. Youā€™d only need more than 1 gear if you were either trying to go extremely fast (Porsche Taycan) or needed a super ultra low range. Even the Rivian only uses a single speed.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who the hell wants that? This is a Real Jeep
Ford Bronco Jeep Magneto is neet-o 1650145661334

OP
OP

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My only question is why, electric engines start from 0rpm with max torque, thereā€™s no real ā€œcurveā€ to shift by. Youā€™d only need more than 1 gear if you were either trying to go extremely fast (Porsche Taycan) or needed a super ultra low range. Even the Rivian only uses a single speed.
My thought is that it's for the feel of it. I don't think they are 'real' gears, just electronics that simulate gears.

In my head, the idea is that when you are crawling rocks, you don't want to break lose, you just want a nice slow crawl so maybe first gear is limited to 300 RPM at full pedal, and in second 600... That kind of thing.

Who knows. It's just a concept, but man, imagine a Bronco Lightning. I'd preorder today.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The article explains the reasoning. Well, most of it anyways. They left the "because it's sofa king cool" part between the lines.

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure ol' Bronco thinks much of it...come on boy finish up and get down...
like toys that make the right noise, not evā€™s

time for a V8 swap for my girl

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thought is that it's for the feel of it. I don't think they are 'real' gears, just electronics that simulate gears.

In my head, the idea is that when you are crawling rocks, you don't want to break lose, you just want a nice slow crawl so maybe first gear is limited to 300 RPM at full pedal, and in second 600... That kind of thing.

Who knows. It's just a concept, but man, imagine a Bronco Lightning. I'd preorder today.
TFL drove it with the head of Jeep. Video talked about clutch procedure being different, but there were definitely gears.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reminds me of the FSB with that panel behind the doors. I dig it.
Sponsored