First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched most of the presentations that Stellantis has given thus far. It is clear the French are in control. It’s also clear the end is near for “shove a bigger Hemi in it.” Ford’s volume powertrains are markedly better than Jeep’s. I expect the new Mopar inline 6 to be a solid competitor.
Sponsored

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think anyone is waiting with baited breath on when you decide to call them a competitor; they are in every sense of the word a direct competitor...everyone in the world paying any attention knows they are coming; and yes 35s are a constraint, but they are building a higher percentage with 35s as a constrained item (37% of builds) than Jeep builds Rubicons...so all is relative. Jeep clearly sees a major competitor...whether you do or not is irrelevant, as it is a fact. It will be a fact that they lose share of the open air 4x4 market, as they have 100% of it now.
I don’t disagree with you. They took a customer in me. I was within days of pulling the trigger on a new Rubi when I placed my res. But it’s hard to compete when you aren’t actually producing any quantity. That was my point.

Texas Red

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look, these words aren't derived from new-found fanboy syndrome, but rather what I feel is pure logic.

Jeep is in trouble. I'm currently a 2012 Jeep Wrangler owner and recently cancelled a 2020 Rubi diesel order. Why?

Every each of the Bronco has been so well thought out, which is a stark contrast to what I feel is a very outdated Jeep architecture. The Jeep is clearly an inferior product in so many ways. It's actually insulting Jeep continues to charge what they do.

Cool, you've got a solid front axle.

I'm actually blown away how flat footed Jeep's response has been. Their best trick seemingly: jam a V8 in the thing. Even their flagship V6 engine is so underwhelming.

Jeep is going have their lunch eaten by the Bronco. Period. Jeep enthusiasts can continue to justify their purchase by throwing around the solid front axle debate, V8, blabla. But the fact of the matter is, those features appease such a small, narrow end of the market.

I say all this not seeing or driving a Bronco in real-life. But from what I've read, and what I've experienced being a Jeep owner, the Bronco is every bit a better machine. Ford did their homework. They benchmarked every inch of the Jeep and made a materially better product in every way.

I'm glad my Jeep has 200k on it and will be junk by the time my Bronco arrives. I'd be very upset if I recently purchased a Jeep.

Show me your Bronco. :cool:

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thoughts as of today?
My Jeep Wrangler is on a railcar and needs to travel 684 miles.
So maybe a week or two.
Just received an email again last evening about the Bronco. Pushed back again...
I can wait for the Bronco, like everyone else, but want the 4x4 to not waste my entire summer reading emails...
That's what I think 🤔

Sponsored

DubleDown

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 911S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say all this not seeing or driving a Bronco in real-life. But from what I've read, and what I've experienced being a Jeep owner, the Bronco is every bit a better machine. Ford did their homework. They benchmarked every inch of the Jeep and made a materially better product in every way.
Jeep has little to worry about the way this is going for Ford. Jeep is building and shipping Wranglers at a record pace. Ford is wasting microchips on Bronco Sports and other marginal vehicles when they could be building Broncos. I ordered a JLUR and received it in the time I have been waiting for my Bronco. My Jeep will be paid off by the time I get my Badlands ordered over a year ago.

Materially better? I have driven the new Bronco, and I can say it is very good and a worthy competitor. But comparing a Bronco I may get in 2-3 years, to a Rubi in the driveway is a pointless exercise. When it materializes, then I can compare head to head.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jeep is not in trouble.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good ol' 1941 isn't going anywhere and isn't in trouble. At this point, what's in trouble is the Bronco's reputation. Wrangler sales are up from last year and on pace for their 2nd best year of sales in history... And at the current pace only 2k behind their best year ever. With as many Bronco reservations being dumped they might get there...

But even with the Bronco, this is just a bump in the road that Ford will get over. And I realize the OP was written before we had a sense of how Ford's roll out was really going to be. So it does display a bit of fanboi pride. Nothing wrong with that.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in a production meeting... What does Webasto have to say for themselves??? Has the heat been turned up yet?
Sponsored

Last edited: