Sponsored

Jeep 4xe hybrid in showrooms December ----Ford Where Is Our Hybrid Bronco ? ? ? ?

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But am a dirty hippie at heart so I love trees ??
I love trees too. But let me get this straight. Trees need carbon dioxide to breath. I breath out carbon dioxide. If I don’t get my bronco soon I am going to die. So in turn the trees will parish. We can’t let that happen. Ford needs to hurry up or all the trees are going the way of the dodo bird. Lol
Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love trees too. But let me get this straight. Trees need carbon dioxide to breath. I breath out carbon dioxide. If I don’t get my bronco soon I am going to die. So in turn the trees will parish. We can’t let that happen. Ford needs to hurry up or all the trees are going the way of the dodo bird. Lol
Bahahahahaha!!

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am mean if you think about it... Ford is basically murdering us and tress. So I expect someone to be jailed.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only thing I don’t like about the 4xe is the TERRIBLE afterthought charging port. Looks like a pimple.

I hope we get the Bronco PHEV in 2021 but all indications are we wont

B6F30710-E1CB-4B37-A11F-369044E27A30.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes the least Ford could do is announce it. That way those of us that would like to hold out or deposit for it to release would be able to.

looks like the regular bronco it’s not gonna launch until July 2021 anyways. So if the plug-in is launching early 2022 that’s only about a six month longer wait.

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am very interested in a plug-in hybrid and will look at the 4xe closely once I see the price. I am not holding my breath though, as I am not really interested in a 4-door Jeep. Here's hoping we get a slightly higher range, lighter 2-door PHEV in addition to a 4-door for Bronco. Always have to one up those Jeeps! ;)

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes the least Ford could do is announce it. That way those of us that would like to hold out or deposit for it to release would be able to.

looks like the regular bronco it’s not gonna launch until July 2021 anyways. So if the plug-in is launching early 2022 that’s only about a six month longer wait.
Agreed! If it’s 6 months longer wait I can do that. If it’s 2 years I’ll enjoy now then trade in

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since there is no nationwide readily available plug in charging system that only takes 10 minutes to charge I’ll stick with gas and feed the damn trees.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since there is no nationwide readily available plug in charging system that only takes 10 minutes to charge I’ll stick with gas and feed the damn trees.
It's a hybrid, you don't have to charge anything if you don't feel like it
It can fill up at shell just like anything else

Sponsored

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Dad back in the day had a VW that got 65 mpg diesel. That was like 30 years ago. I really don't think 50 mpg is really that impressive. I think we have honestly been fouled into thinking that is good. But I understand the point of view.
How much did that VW weigh and how much power did it have? The Wrangler could tow 4 of those VWs with AC blasting and beat another VW around a track at the same time. And would probably get comparable gas mileage to the VW it was racing.

Last edited:

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Totally agree. If a hybrid Bronco rolls out months after the reserved ones are delivered, it’ll be a real bummer. Hybrids aren’t only about MPG or trees. I bought a Prius the same year as my SUV and it’s kept most of its value. According to KBB even at 65k miles it’s worth more than some new sedans!

Hybrid Broncos will 100% depreciate less.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much did that VW weigh and how much power did it have? The Wrangler could tow 4 of those VWs with AC blasting and beat another VW around a track at the same time. And would probably get comparable gas mileage to the VW it was racing.
No, don't think so. But semi good hypothetical.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd guess 2023 at the earliest