Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone built/had built an enclosure to fit a 10tw3 in the stock subwoofer location? I know jl has their stealthbox but that is a 10tw1 and im looking for something more. Looking at that enclosure there seems to be space left on the table to fit a larger enclosure in there especially if you are willing to relocate the amp off the box.
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably not enough room for anything bigger. I have my amp and processor mounted in that spot and its pretty tight. I have a JL 13tw5 shallow sub mounted to my tailgate.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You could likely have a shop make a fiberglass enclosure that make work. I started to with a JL 12Tw3 but it is definitely too large, I think personally that a 10 would work but would need the panel altered a bit. It’s a slow roll for me since I no longer work at a shop so proper tools and a work space that has AC is a must down here in FL. Maybe one day I’ll off load the 12 and get the 10 to try again. Until then I’ll just wait and see what comes about.

Brutal-Force

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You could likely have a shop make a fiberglass enclosure that make work. I started to with a JL 12Tw3 but it is definitely too large, I think personally that a 10 would work but would need the panel altered a bit. It’s a slow roll for me since I no longer work at a shop so proper tools and a work space that has AC is a must down here in FL. Maybe one day I’ll off load the 12 and get the 10 to try again. Until then I’ll just wait and see what comes about.
Ford Bronco JL 10TW3 in stock subwoofer location 20230618_095856

OP
OP
Tye

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks ive seen all the different tailgate mounted solutions but i prefer to keep
it off the tailgate. im sure that setup sounds great though.

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would def have the grill covers on those haha. I thought about make a slot vented down firing box that would level the floor but again the lack of tools makes it a lengthy process.

Brutal-Force

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would def have the grill covers on those haha. I thought about make a slot vented down firing box that would level the floor but again the lack of tools makes it a lengthy process.
I do have mesh on them. I like the sound, but tailgate boxes are heavy. I had a down fire on the floor, but then you have to bolt it down too . I could cover the entire rear floor, but then it would sit higher than the back seats when folded down. There really is no "ideal" for anyone wanting more than an 8" or 10" in the rear like a JL audio box or going with a home brew otherwise you are sacrificing trunk space. I am more than happy with my decision. One just has to set realistic expectations.

Brutal-Force

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks ive seen all the different tailgate mounted solutions but i prefer to keep
it off the tailgate. im sure that setup sounds great though.
I get it, I thought about going with the JL Audio stealthbox, but

a) availability and cost (my current set up is cheaper than that box with 2x the sound)
b) I have a Kicker 500.1 and to get 500 out of it, you have to have two speakers.
c) You can't fit two speakers in the rear panel
d) Installing in a floor box takes up more space than on the tailgate (I've tried)

I guess if you have enough money you can find a custom design or go with the stealthbox, but since they don't give the spec's, you are never really going to know unless you buy both the TW3 and the box and try it. $1199 and about $450 for the speaker to test. Dimensionaly, it will most likely fit. TW1 (300W) vs. TW3 (400W), so it really depends on what you are going to power it with. 2 ohms vs. 4 ohms, again what are you going to pair it with. If you want a clean design and money is not an issue, then Stealthbox it is. I am powering both of my TW3s with the Kicker and honestly, I am not really a bass head and rarely play at full volume. I just like nice music.

graham5david

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted to do the same thing after wasting money on the Kicker 6.75 4 ohm. It's pretty weak in my opinion. I just went with a downfire kicker 12 powered sub. It sounds great and was an easy install. Plus I can remove it quickly if I want extra cargo space. But it hasn't been an issue and I always carry Tons of baseball gear. I also don't know how you would stop all the rattling of plastic in the stock location with a 10 or an 8 with a good amp.
Sponsored