Sponsored

JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update!

f3d

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX 2.7 Squatch HT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just sitting here refreshing this waiting for an announcement :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just sitting here refreshing this waiting for an announcement :)
Tomorrow morning after we get confirmation our supply of double pull zippers will be here.
We decided to use the double pull to make installation easier! A little detail but well worth it.
Mike/JTops

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Love what you guys are doing here. And appreciate how well you have kept us updated. This question might be a little early and didn’t see it in other threads. But will this work on the Raptor with the two added support beams?
Thanks in advance!
Here for this question as well. Wasn’t answered in that other thread.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here for this question as well. Wasn’t answered in that other thread.
Yes we will have a Raptor version. The issues is getting our hands on one for the design work. We will redesign the rear portion to accommodate the extra C-pillar support.

If anyone is in or near Anaheim, California and would like to help with one let us know! We’ll make you a shade!

Mike/JTopsUSA

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That was not a design objective but it came up in our review today. We only need to make a small change to allow it to be used with a duel top option.
Great question! We will look into it.
Mike
Were you able to make this update or will the tops still only work with their respective stock top option?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I watched the install video for your soft top version. I assume the hardtop version will also require the permanent install of a long velcro patch down the side of the roll bar? Love the look of your top, very tight and by far the best looking one yet. My use for a bimini will not be full time and that permanent install of long visible velcro is giving me pause. This is perfect for someone who doesn't plan on ever taking it off though.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes we will have a Raptor version. The issues is getting our hands on one for the design work. We will redesign the rear portion to accommodate the extra C-pillar support.

If anyone is in or near Anaheim, California and would like to help with one let us know! We’ll make you a shade!

Mike/JTopsUSA
Awesome, thanks! Wish I lived closer.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Were you able to make this update or will the tops still only work with their respective stock top option?
Unfortunately they only work for their respective version.
Mike

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I watched the install video for your soft top version. I assume the hardtop version will also require the permanent install of a long velcro patch down the side of the roll bar? Love the look of your top, very tight and by far the best looking one yet. My use for a bimini will not be full time and that permanent install of long visible velcro is giving me pause. This is perfect for someone who doesn't plan on ever taking it off though.
Agreed. The velcro strips are unsightly but I would rather not drill the latches on the hardtop by going with gearshade.

Again 100% agree

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so are you saying the hardtop version has zippers now? Can I change mine if so. I got soft top no pockets........ but have a hardtop

Sponsored

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the Hard top version would not work if I switched to the soft top?

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. The velcro strips are unsightly but I would rather not drill the latches on the hardtop by going with gearshade.

Again 100% agree
Ok need to clarify. Our product is designed to stay on. Once installed you will never see the strips. The edge of the shade rolls over it.

Since side airbags are in the roll cage we had to get clever with the solution. Remember this is a combination of neodymium magnets and the hook and loop. It takes both to achieve our goal. They are expensive and we have been using them creatively for 8 years.

The shade looks and performs like no other, You mention Gearshade but it has a 3 inch gap at the front and I guarantee you it will not perform like ours on the highway even when you drill holes to use it. Even if you ultimately remove the Velcro you will never see it was ever there!

Hope this helps and here are some pics.

Mike/Owner /JTopsUSA

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! 086E84C9-0D32-46AD-9A28-3153ABB24E6D
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! 77B3AE18-749B-4CAC-A6EC-A4721530FDC2
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! BE0C6AA7-D2CB-4D43-84F5-C353759E667C
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! A042006D-8880-449B-9A6A-B3CA368F21B6
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! F8A7B095-F072-4BC4-B15A-6F4408F3CE33

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so are you saying the hardtop version has zippers now? Can I change mine if so. I got soft top no pockets........ but have a hardtop
Yes you can just send an email to [email protected] and we can change it. You mentioned pockets? We don’t have pockets.
The hardtop version features access ports and zippers to reach the latches. Here is a picture before being installed.

Mike /JTopsUSA

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! 20E0A785-E9E2-4DCF-8165-8055DA1AD7DD

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok need to clarify. Our product is designed to stay on. Once installed you will never see the strips. The edge of the shade rolls over it.

Since side airbags are in the roll cage we had to get clever with the solution. Remember this is a combination of neodymium magnets and the hook and loop. It takes both to achieve our goal. They are expensive and we have been using them creatively for 8 years.

The shade looks and performs like no other, You mention Gearshade but it has a 3 inch gap at the front and I guarantee you it will not perform like ours on the highway even when you drill holes to use it. Even if you ultimately remove the Velcro you will never see it was ever there!

Hope this helps and here are some pics.

Mike/Owner /JTopsUSA

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! 20E0A785-E9E2-4DCF-8165-8055DA1AD7DD
Looking great! Is that the black mesh on the area 51?

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking great! Is that the black mesh on the area 51?
A perk of the job! Yes it is! We think it looks awesome. Please share the pic!

Mike/JTops

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! 30F84E2A-BB17-49DC-A572-62D4BE2661E2_1_201_a
Sponsored