Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m trying to install the 4-door hardtop version of the JTops shade and not sure where to start the Velcro. Based on a dry install, if I attach the Velcro at the weld as shown in the installation video , it looks like two inches of the Velcro attached the frame won’t come into contact with any Velcro on the shade (that part of the shade is just the binding material where the small hook is located). And nearly two inches of Velcro on the rear of the shade won’t contact my Velcro on the frame (the Velcro on the frame would be too short). So do I just start the Velcro install two inches rear of the shade? Sorry if this has been asked and answered already. Thanks.

IMG_0940.jpeg
Sponsored

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A little late to this party so you might be done, but I laid the cover out with the magnets and matched the velcro with the top.

In that I agree that you do not need to start at the weld because of the clip.

There a few differences in the video like the adhesion promotor and the fact that he has one strip vs the 3 we get.

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I started the Velcro a couple of inches behind the weld mark and it seemed to line up just right. So far, so good. The mesh overall seems pretty taut, including the front section. No real flapping that I could tell up to 65-70 mph. Will post some pictures when I have a few minutes.

Question: is it normal to hear some light whooshing noises (even at lower speeds) as air/wind passes through the mesh? It’s not a loud sound, but also something I didn’t hear without the mesh on. I’m assuming that’s unavoidable.

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Without being there, I would call that normal. Yes.

I've also noticed some "stretching" or "settling" so make sure you adjust it to get the slack out. That may help the whoosh

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without being there, I would call that normal. Yes.

I've also noticed some "stretching" or "settling" so make sure you adjust it to get the slack out. That may help the whoosh
Hey guys this is Mike with JTops.
There will be a wooshing sound as the air passes through the mesh. That’s basically the equalization of the air pressure on the top side of the mesh breathing. That’s why the mesh will not bubble up. It’s the same as an airplane wing. The air rushing over creates a low pressure area on top of the mesh and the mesh allows the air to flow through. That’s why solid canvas tops bubble up. They can’t breath!
Hope this helps.
Mike

Sponsored

Murf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 F150. '15 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys this is Mike with JTops.
There will be a wooshing sound as the air passes through the mesh. That’s basically the equalization of the air pressure on the top side of the mesh breathing. That’s why the mesh will not bubble up. It’s the same as an airplane wing. The air rushing over creates a low pressure area on top of the mesh and the mesh allows the air to flow through. That’s why solid canvas tops bubble up. They can’t breath!
Hope this helps.
Mike
Just got mine installed. Looks great. The fit is good. Careful not to pull it back before attaching the Velcro. If you pull it back too hard the bracket holes won’t align properly. Took me two tries to get it right. I called customer support. They were great! Offered to send a warranty replacement. But turned out to be operator error. Not a defective top. Don’t buy your tops from anyone else. These fit great and the folks at JTop are outstanding.

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! IMG_4203

Last edited:

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So first off, I just wanted to say that I love my jtops bimini! I've had the hardtop off the Bronco for weeks.

However, in preparation for an off road trip tomorrow, I noticed that after reinstalling the center panel there is a gap at the seal along the sides. This is likely due to the metal mounting bracket being 'shimmed' away from the roll bar because of the fabric being installed underneath it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice for how to adjust the latch to pull everything down tight?

Last edited:

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any recommendations on color?

I'm between Black, dense titanium and stainless gray

Want something that is as sheer as possible that will look good with iconic silver

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Today was a perfect example of why I love this thing. First top off cruise of the year! Evening temps between 62-54°F for a sunset drive to Hawk’s Nest. This thing keeps wind/noise at a minimum.

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Want something that is as sheer as possible that will look good with iconic silver
I have the dense titanium on a carbonized gray Bronco. I chose this color as black will heat the interior more than the lighter color. I am in Texas, and trust me, with vinyl seats, after doing some mall crawling, it felt like seating on a hot skillet. Now, is a skillet in a low setting...

Sponsored

TheSpydyr

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT; 2020 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the Titanium and love the look of it with my Carbonized Gray.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the Titanium and love the look of it with my Carbonized Gray.
Would you be able to post a picture? Hard to tell colors from the renderings on their website

TheSpydyr

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT; 2020 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is Mike with JTops. You might want to order free color samples.
Couple of things:
Color does not affect the heat. It’s all in the weave UV capacity of the mesh. We use a Twitchel mesh made in the US.
Titanium is the tightest mesh so it blocks more of the UV rays. (90%) all other colors block (80%)
Titanium is the most requested color and is a little more durable than the colors. It also blocks the rain better when driving. Just don’t stop, it is mesh.🙂
Black is the most transparent! See customer pic.
If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Mike
Founder
JTops

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! IMG_5429
Sponsored