First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend - 4dr - Carbonized - 2.3 - Manual - Tow
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just ordered this exact sunshade and this picture is making me have regrets. Nothing like the image their website show.

Count me in for this exact same issue! Video of what I'm talking about below. @JTopsUSA any advice for us?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Count me in for this exact same issue! Video of what I'm talking about below. @JTopsUSA any advice for us?

We are going to be looking into this. It is very sporadic and has only affected hardtops.
We have shipped around 400 hardtop versions just in the last 4 weeks so we have quite a bit of data to go on. We will get to the bottom of this but because it’s not a common issue and it will take time as we look through the manufacturing process.

I suggest you loosen the metal plates for the hardtop, then stretch it back and retighten the plates.

We will get more info on this and get it out a soon as we can.
The best way to communicate is send an email to [email protected]

Mike Matras /Owner/Jtops

TKE_273

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi Allroad, Lowered on KW Coilovers
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We are going to be looking into this. It is very sporadic and has only affected hardtops.
We have shipped around 400 hardtop versions just in the last 4 weeks so we have quite a bit of data to go on. We will get to the bottom of this but because it’s not a common issue and it will take time as we look through the manufacturing process.

I suggest you loosen the metal plates for the hardtop, then stretch it back and retighten the plates.

We will get more info on this and get it out a soon as we can.
The best way to communicate is send an email to [email protected]

Mike Matras /Owner/Jtops

Thanks Mike!

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered this exact sunshade and this picture is making me have regrets. Nothing like the image their website show.
Hold on everyone this is a sporadic issue and effects hard tops. We have shipped over 3,000 tops and this just showed up. If you rather cancel your order because of a post let us know.
Contact [email protected]
Mike

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@JTopsUSA Let us know when you develop a force field to shed rain :)

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hold on everyone this is a sporadic issue and effects hard tops. We have shipped over 3,000 tops and this just showed up. If you rather cancel your order because of a post let us know.
Contact [email protected]
Mike
I think the top you’ve made is pretty awesome and I plan to get one in a few weeks for my 2 Dr.

Question: Saw earlier in the thread that you mention a particular color that blocks UV rays better. can you remind which that is?

These hot Georgia Summers and the humidity can be a lot to deal with, so any sun protection is appreciated. :)

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the top you’ve made is pretty awesome and I plan to get one in a few weeks for my 2 Dr.

Question: Saw earlier in the thread that you mention a particular color that blocks UV rays better. can you remind which that is?

These hot Georgia Summers and the humidity can be a lot to deal with, so any sun protection is appreciated. :)
Great questions!
The most UV resistant is the Titanium. It blocks 90% of the UV rays. It also does well in the rain. Because the mesh is a tighter weave the rain is repelled while driving. It’s in no way waterproof but it really helps.
Don’t forget the forum coupon code G625 it will save you $25.
If I can be of further assistance please let me know.
Mike

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

When someone has an issue they should contact us. This video is not a representation of what we make. If every top we made was like this we would not have sold over 3,000 of them.
Mike

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fantastic! Do you mind if we use it on our website?
Most important…thanks for becoming a customer.
Mike
Mike,

That would be an honor. Thanks for such a wonderful product and excellent service.

Best
Mark

Twilly7

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've done my best to scroll through all of this thread as well as the "JTopsUSA Announces Bimini Sun Shades for the 2/4 door hard tops!" thread to find this, so I'm sorry if I somehow missed it.

I have a 4 door Hard Top, and I have been taking the top off as often as the weather allows (5 times already this Spring/Summer). It's been such a joy! I have the Harken Hoister and remove and reinstall the hard top by myself, which only takes me 10-15min. I store my front panels in the bag in the back, and the middle panel gets flipped upside down and is stored on top of the rear clamshell before I lift it up to the ceiling.

I'm curious how I'll do any of this if I can't stand up inside the Bronco to position the straps, flip over the middle panel, etc. And how do you remove panels if you cant use upward force with your hand underneath the panel? I'd love any advice/input I can get before committing to the Bimini.

Does anyone with a 4 Door Hard top have a JTops Bimini installed under your hard top, and what suggestions do you have? Are there any videos showing how to remove and reinstall the 4 door MIC hard top with a JTops Bimini already installed... especially using a hoist and/or doing it solo?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! IMG_8298.JPG

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are zippers in front and middle section…easy to push up and remove and install hard top. There is no interference in the rear with the hard top as the JTOPS ends at the back crossbar. Don’t know how that hoist connects to hard top but the top lift pro and others like that are business as usual.

Last edited:

Twilly7

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are zippers in front and middle section…easy to push up and remove and install hard top. There is no interference in the rear with the hard top as the JTOPS ends at the back crossbar. Don’t know how that hoist connects to hard top but the top lift pro and others like that are business as usual.
Gotcha, so the front panels are easy enough to still remove by myself with a JTops on. And I am not concerned about removing the rear clamshell or connecting the hoist to it, pretty easy if the JTops ends at the back crossbar.

The only question remaining is how to get the middle panel off by myself and flip it over onto the rear clamshell for storage before hoisting it up. Anyone else with a hoist for your 4DR hardtop have any suggestions? Where do you store your middle section? And can you still remove it by yourself with the JTOPS on?

Thanks @thewedge and I would appreciate anyone else’s thoughts who has experience with a hoist style storage system, hard top, and JTops installed.

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Gotcha, so the front panels are easy enough to still remove by myself with a JTops on. And I am not concerned about removing the rear clamshell or connecting the hoist to it, pretty easy if the JTops ends at the back crossbar.

The only question remaining is how to get the middle panel off by myself and flip it over onto the rear clamshell for storage before hoisting it up. Anyone else with a hoist for your 4DR hardtop have any suggestions? Where do you store your middle section? And can you still remove it by yourself with the JTOPS on?

Thanks @thewedge and I would appreciate anyone else’s thoughts who has experience with a hoist style storage system, hard top, and JTops installed.
Nothing to taking the middle off with the JTOP on also. The latches are expiosed and plenty of space in edges and zippers. I just push it up and slide it slightly up and back so it's sitting out of the grooves. Then get outside and just pick it up from side. 2 minute job. Guessing while it's sitting out of the grooves, you just lift and flip onto the rear part. You'll see when it arrives. You won't have any trouble with the top.
Sponsored