First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven’t been tracked the latest build times and backlog lately. Having said that, I saw a post on FB today where it looks like a guy ordered a big bend on June 21 of this year and his vehicle is already in production.

I thought a few things were happening at once to make this not feasible: 1)isn’t there still a hold on new orders that was implemented by Ford on May 8 of this year? 2) Ford said they wouldn’t open new ordering until they cleared the dirt mountain backlog?

Tell me what I am missing
Sponsored

Last edited:

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Impossible. 2022 Bronco orders were closed on March 7, 2022.
Not impossible, but improbable as a customer order, dealers can still enter as many dealer stock orders as they want. However those are supposed to have lower order priority than a confirmed retail order placed prior to the 3/8/2022 end of order acceptance for retail customer orders, but if constraints dictate that they cannot build the customer orders during scheduling they may get their dealer stock orders fulfilled instead.

That does still leave a big back door for dealers to cram as many stock orders for unconstrained builds as possible to maximize the chances of getting a unit on the lot to sell.

If they were buying a unit out of dealer stock it would be possible for it to have been placed on June 21 and already into production if it was a 4 door big bend soft top 2.3L automatic with only the mid package at most, as those were some of the least constrained models.

OP
OP

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Impossible. 2022 Bronco orders were closed on March 7, 2022.
Maybe I am reading this wrong. My understanding is order is confirmed which means that either he just placed the order in June or the dealership has been sitting on the order and just pushed it to Ford in June. In theory neither one of those things should be correct.

Ford Bronco July 22 status of order questions CDCD770B-42DC-4C1E-9AAC-E0D7417B47E4

Last edited:

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2022 orders were closed on March 7, 2022. No one ordered a 2022 Bronco on June 21, 2022. You’re entitled to your opinion. There is no argument here.
Only customer orders were closed, and just because the person was given an order number and VIN post 6/21/2022 doesn't mean their name is on the order, only that an order was entered after this date. It is 100% a dealer's stock order that they jumped on buying ahead of it arriving at the dealership if it was as stated entered after that date and being sold in USA.

INFORMATION
2022 Model Year Bronco Retail Order Bank Update

ACTION REQUESTED

• Be aware that we are pausing new retail orders of the 2022 model year Bronco on Tuesday, March 8th
  • WBDO will remain open for existing order amendments and stock ordering purposes
  • Retail ordering for Bronco Raptor will be remain open
SUMMARY
Due to continued strong retail demand for Bronco and the desire to prioritize current order holders, we are making the decision to pause new retail orders of the 2022 model year Bronco – excluding Bronco Raptor – starting Tuesday, March 8th at 3PM EST.

Retail ordering for Bronco Raptor will be available after March 7th.

KEY DATES

• Tuesday, March 8: Dealers will have until 3 PM EST to submit new retail 2022MY Bronco orders
  • Tuesday, March 15: Dealers must complete the Retail Order Verification Process by 10 PM EST for their new orders to be considered for 22MY scheduling
    • Memo: Please note that after 3 PM EST on Tuesday, March 8th the CONCEPS ordering system will be closed for all 22MY ordering. At this same time WBDO will lose the ability to enter new retail orders but will remain open for existing order amendments and stock ordering purposes.
23MY Bronco ordering information will be available later this year.

QUESTIONS
If you have questions, please contact your Zone Manager or [email protected].
From the leaked dealer communication it explicitly says that stock ordering was left open after March 8, 2022, thus it is not impossible for the dealer to order an allocation filling model to ensure that their allocations do not go to waste, even though it would further delay their constrained retail customer ordered models.
Sponsored