Sponsored

Just another hardtop PSA. Sharp fiberglass edge near rear.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have removed your top, you know to grab it near the back 1/3 because that's where the mass is from the rear window.

Made the mistake of putting one hand under the corner where the back and side meet The top feathers to a razor edge in one spot from the inner material. Not sure if it's a de-lamination. I'll check next time.

Required some liquid skin to stop the bleeding.
Sponsored

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is the same on the middle panel and the passenger front. Gotta be careful when holding them.

OP
OP

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tnx.

While I'm here, someone recommended using a flashlight in a dark garage to look at the top surface. Best way to check for warping.

Don't do that, ruined my day!

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First few times removing mine I got at least 1 cut. I took some real fine sand paper and just went around all the edges to knock down any burrs.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tnx.

While I'm here, someone recommended using a flashlight in a dark garage to look at the top surface. Best way to check for warping.

Don't do that, ruined my day!
Dang, that was my recommendation from another thread of mine. Sorry for ruining your day. Just a PSA for the recent hard top problems I've been having.

Sponsored
OP
OP

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dang, that was my recommendation from another thread of mine. Sorry for ruining your day. Just a PSA for the recent hard top problems I've been having.
I was actually glad you mentioned it. Mine has gotten wavy, but no cracks. Now I have a good reference point & know what to look out for.

It's actually a good idea for everyone to try it, that way in a few years when warranties start coming to an end you can get it into the dealer if it gets worse.

X JBM X

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get slices on my fingers every time i take the top panels off. The edges are just razor sharp. Best bet is a pair of cheap gloves.

BeachBronco21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 3rd time I took my panels off, I sliced my hand pretty deep. I was on a 500 mile road trip and stopped at a rest stop to quickly remove them since it was nice out. That day I learned the valuable lesson to never rush when removing any part of the Bronco. If I'm removing the mid panel by myself, I will wear gloves since that piece can be awkward.

MyATV

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep. I didn't even realize I cut myself on them until I noticed I was leaving bloody smudges inside the Bronco. But then I guess blood inside a Bronco isn't that uncommon. Oops. I went there. Said I wasn't going to, but I did.:rolleyes:
Sponsored