Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Took my roof panels off for the first time last night. Was putting them back on in the dark and somehow gashed my finger open pretty good. One of the panels at least has a razor sharp edge to it. I'll have to remember to be more careful handling the panels.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took my roof panels off for the first time last night. Was putting them back on in the dark and somehow gashed my finger open pretty good. One of the panels at least has a razor sharp edge to it. I'll have to remember to be more careful handling the panels.
After the second time taking off my panels and roof (slicing my hands both times) I finally started to wear gloves when I remove them. I'm a slow learner, but we adapt. Many have done this if that is any consolation.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did the same bing one time when moving too fast taking one of the panels off. Wicked slice down one finger.

Love my rig but man these panels should be finished a little better!

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If we get enough complaints of this at the Dealership level we could submit a global concern report and maybe engineering would look at it(i got fibreglass slivers from my mic1 and submitted gcr and hopefully that contributed to mic2 coming out)

bpjontek

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing happened to my wife and I yesterday. We both got pretty bad paper cuts on our fingers . . both panel sides are very sharp.

Sponsored

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, first time I took my panels off it got me pretty good., I will say owned JK's from 2007-2018 and never cut myself once when removing the top panels.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, first time I took my panels off it got me pretty good., I will say owned JK's from 2007-2018 and never cut myself once when removing the top panels.
Same with CJ/TJ hardtops, never a cut, the edges are not sharp. Some Bronco hardtops had edge delamination/finish issues. If people are cutting their hands on the edges, maybe that issue is not completely resolved?

OP
OP
TavisB

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same with CJ/TJ hardtops, never a cut, the edges are not sharp. Some Bronco hardtops had edge delamination/finish issues. If people are cutting their hands on the edges, maybe that issue is not completely resolved?
I'll try to take a close look and maybe get a pic next time I remove them.

JustinBC2

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Platinum, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If we get enough complaints of this at the Dealership level we could submit a global concern report and maybe engineering would look at it(i got fibreglass slivers from my mic1 and submitted gcr and hopefully that contributed to mic2 coming out)
Did you have any issues with sharp edges on your mic 1.0? When did you get your Bronco?

My mic 1.0 never had any issues and now my mic 2.0 slices my hands up.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i had problems with broken edges giving me slivers(on the inside panels)on mic1,haven't taken panels off with mic2 yet but didn't notice sharp/broken edges as i was the installing tech.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just started another thread with the same issue, sorry didn't see this one.

Seems like a legal issue is someone severs a tendon.

I don't have any gloves so I'm going to use one bunny in each hand. They are cheap at petco.
Sponsored