stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was taking the MIC off the Bronco for the first time this season, and was paying attention to the overall condition, and details of the top sections.

it looks to me like the perimeter edges are raw and in there’s no finish on them at all. I’m just wondering if others think that’s a place over time for water penetration and delamination over time ?

I’ve been thinking of clear coating the edges for an added layer of moisture protection, and to keep those exposed edge layers bound together better.

Any thoughts ? It’s not like it needs to breath or have some way for moisture to escape, as there should be no moisture getting in anyway ?
Sponsored

ldcobb2

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cencalbroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wear work gloves when you take the front panels off - those raw edges sliced both of my hands papercut style the last time I removed them.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You could always get some door edge guards....even available in chrome....

Ford Bronco Unfinished edges on the MIC 1681253627905

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
October will be 2 years for my MIC through 2 Alaskan winters, car washes, sub zero temps..ect no issues so far (thankfully).

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was taking the MIC off the Bronco for the first time this season, and was paying attention to the overall condition, and details of the top sections.

it looks to me like the perimeter edges are raw and in there’s no finish on them at all. I’m just wondering if others think that’s a place over time for water penetration and delamination over time ?

I’ve been thinking of clear coating the edges for an added layer of moisture protection, and to keep those exposed edge layers bound together better.

Any thoughts ? It’s not like it needs to breath or have some way for moisture to escape, as there should be no moisture getting in anyway ?
I wouldn’t put anything on it. You don’t want to give FORD a reason to deny warranty or exclude you from what will certainly be a class action with these tops.
Sponsored