Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What would you do.

My build was for a 2.7 Big bend soft top rear lockers and aux switches, with a soft top. Green in color

I have the option to buy a brand new Black Diamond 2.3L Hard top, aux switches,, Mid package, rear lockers, in carbonized grey. Will be ready for pick up at the end of the week.

I'm pretty dead set on the Black Diamond, In part b/c I'm tired of waiting, only a 1K difference in price more or less
Sponsored

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don’t care about the color difference I say do it. You’re also upgrading to the hard top.

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You plan on pulling anything with your Bronco? Even if you were the 4 still tows the same just may struggle more in the higher elevations. Unless you’re worried about it being too slow in normal driving you can get a Ford Performance tune that gets close to the same power.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
MGV in Houston sounds miserable. But, I think you are stuck either way (no cloth for rest of the year). In which case, I like the BD better.

Sponsored

Tom3601

Black Diamond
First Name
Ton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MGV in Houston sounds miserable. But, I think you are stuck either way (no cloth for rest of the year). In which case, I like the BD better.
I love my BD mid 2.3 ht ordered 1/21, had 16 build dates. Delivered 3/18/22
You will like yours.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What would you do.

My build was for a 2.7 Big bend soft top rear lockers and aux switches, with a soft top. Green in color

I have the option to buy a brand new Black Diamond 2.3L Hard top, aux switches,, Mid package, rear lockers, in carbonized grey. Will be ready for pick up at the end of the week.

I'm pretty dead set on the Black Diamond, In part b/c I'm tired of waiting, only a 1K difference in price more or less
Does either car have the Advanced Auto Transfer Case? I have that with the rear lockers on my OBX, makes the traction much more potent. Otherwise, you're gaining a Hardtop (good) and losing the 2.7 6cyl engine (bad) for a 4cyl engine. I've not driven the smaller engine. The BD also comes with steel bumpers and some skid plating . . . (Good)

OP
OP
Krak-A-Pat

Krak-A-Pat

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does either car have the Advanced Auto Transfer Case? I have that with the rear lockers on my OBX, makes the traction much more potent. Otherwise, you're gaining a Hardtop (good) and losing the 2.7 6cyl engine (bad) for a 4cyl engine. I've not driven the smaller engine. The BD also comes with steel bumpers and some skid plating . . . (Good)
I dont see any options for an advanced auto Transfer case… but two goods for one bad 👍🏻

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush....

OP
OP
Krak-A-Pat

Krak-A-Pat

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You plan on pulling anything with your Bronco? Even if you were the 4 still tows the same just may struggle more in the higher elevations. Unless you’re worried about it being too slow in normal driving you can get a Ford Performance tune that gets close to the same power.
thats actually a good point. Id like to pull a camping trailer a little bit down the line… but then again by the time i get around to that i might just be in the market for the next bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Krak-A-Pat

Krak-A-Pat

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah im too thrilled about it, but as you said. No choice original build was supposed to have cloth seats

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What would you do.

Get the BD, and then by the time your BB comes in, if it’s what you want, trade the BD back in.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have MGV and I live in Houston. One year Bronco anniversary last week. I have NO issues with the MGV. Three previous vehicles had leather (in Houston), the last one with AC seats. Would go with the MGV without a second thought.

….and yes it is stinkin hot and HUMID here at the moment especially down towards the Gulf.

OP
OP
Krak-A-Pat

Krak-A-Pat

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have MGV and I live in Houston. One year Bronco anniversary last week. I have NO issues with the MGV. Three previous vehicles had leather (in Houston), the last one with AC seats. Would go with the MGV without a second thought.

….and yes it is stinkin hot and HUMID here at the moment especially down towards the Gulf.
Good to know!! See ya out on the road!

PNBLD

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flhtk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get the BD, and then by the time your BB comes in, if it’s what you want, trade the BD back in.
Now that's an option, probably come out okay as well
Sponsored