Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a close to me dealer that has a very nice mannequin and they actually encourage long test drives. So with that said I got to drive a Race Red Wild Trak, 4 door, 2.7 and Squach of course, Lux with leather and a soft top. Overall, its okay. To here the YouTube folks and other reviews you would think its a smooth riding machine with quietest soft top ever invented, well thats a no. It is an off road machine and is not pretending to be a luxury SUV.
So for all of you thinking you can live your bronco dreams by getting one of these instead of the Yukon or Expedition for the wife, she will not be happy.
Overall nice but the Goodyear tires are miserable, loud and grossly out of balance at 3500 miles, very similar to my Goodyear tires on my 2022 Sierra HD. At 10000 miles had to have two replaced because they would not balance. The center controls are not easy for me to work, toggle switches for fan speed is not cool. Soft top is a soft top, not bad, but it is what it is.
I have ordered one and figure its better to ask for forgiveness than permission, wish me luck.
Ford Bronco Just wrapped up an extended test drive. 20210921_164400
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shes put up with my vintage jeep sickness for years, so this is par for the course for her.
So compare to a vintage Jeep this Bronco thing is a practical Rolls Royce!

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a close to me dealer that has a very nice mannequin and they actually encourage long test drives. So with that said I got to drive a Race Red Wild Trak, 4 door, 2.7 and Squach of course, Lux with leather and a soft top. Overall, its okay. To here the YouTube folks and other reviews you would think its a smooth riding machine with quietest soft top ever invented, well thats a no. It is an off road machine and is not pretending to be a luxury SUV.
So for all of you thinking you can live your bronco dreams by getting one of these instead of the Yukon or Expedition for the wife, she will not be happy.
Overall nice but the Goodyear tires are miserable, loud and grossly out of balance at 3500 miles, very similar to my Goodyear tires on my 2022 Sierra HD. At 10000 miles had to have two replaced because they would not balance. The center controls are not easy for me to work, toggle switches for fan speed is not cool. Soft top is a soft top, not bad, but it is what it is.
I have ordered one and figure its better to ask for forgiveness than permission, wish me luck.
Ford Bronco Just wrapped up an extended test drive. 20210921_164400
How long did you have it for?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
20210921_164400.jpg
Yep Bronco is not designed to excel on pavement. It makes most sense for the owner who will use some of the key distinguishing off-road/rugged/top-off features. Open air driving and exploring though, it should be loads of fun.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would you buy a vehicle like this if you think it’s “okay”? If you don’t love the thing…why not buy something you do? If you think it’s okay before you even get it, my guess is you’ll hate it…open air off roader is just not for you.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Open air driving and exploring though, it should be loads of fun.
My wife wasn't a huge fan of my dealer's mannequin at first either (bl 2.3 auto 4dr leather nonsas lux sofite). She said "I don't like it, it's too loud, but it's your car do whatever you want." Then we dropped the baby off at the inlaws and went for a top down drive and she completely reversed her opinion. She's excited for me to get my base 2dr stick (hopefully sas) now.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shes put up with my vintage jeep sickness for years, so this is par for the course for her.
Couldn't help but notice you didn't actually answer the question. :unsure: :devilish:

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I, too, finally encountered a dealer with a Bronco in their inventory who offered me a test drive, bonus was he said he didn't need to go with me. White Outer Banks with the 2.3, auto, no aux switches, navy pier leather :sick:8 inch screen, steel bumpers front and rear. I managed to set off the forward collision assist and I ducked into a mall parking lot and drove over a concrete median and some parking bumpers. The body control is impressive... I figured out how to pair my cellular phone and the radio, while rudimentary in sound, was fine for what I generally listen to. Someone left the GOAT mode in eco, didn't figure that out until I was about to return it, put it in sport mode and woah, there it is... I also noodled in manual shift, and even in drive, it was letting me up and down shift, so there's that. All in all I was reinvigorated in my Badlands order.
Sponsored