Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems solid enough to me. I have not tried running down a really bumpy road at night, but no wobble from the bar when you grab and pull.

I can't comment on the camera since I don't have one. If it would help, I can take additional pictures or measure distances for you.
Thanks for the offer. I’m on the road right now I’m not near my bronco but I do have another question if you don’t mind. Where are the feet of the bar mount to the bumper, is there any contact with the painted bodywork that sits above the bumper and below the grill with the bar? I saw one picture from the side but I can’t tell how much clearance you have. I like the idea but want to make sure that there’s no contact between the bodywork and the bar when it’s mounted as you have it. It doesn’t look like there’s a whole lot of room to push it any further forward and away from the grill/bodywork. Have you noticed any paint rubbing? Again I appreciate your help.
Sponsored

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you remove the bumper to drill the holes? If so, did you follow any instructions from someone else? Do you have a camera that needed to be relocated?
Brush guard was direct bolt on to factory torx spots and lights mounted directly to the bar. No drilling required. No camera as mid spec (Outer Banks).

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you remove the bumper to drill the holes? If so, did you follow any instructions from someone else? Do you have a camera that needed to be relocated?
No holes required. Greenlane 9" bar bolts direct and lights directly to the bar via 6 ring clamps. No camera on my Outer Banks spec. Good luck!

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going for a sort-of retro look with the KC lights with stone guards. Pretty simple to attach the bar and wire the lights in to aux switches. Center spot to Aux 2 and outboard driving lights to Aux
Do you have this measurement?

51x6HCqSHcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

OP
OP
DJ1

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have the HD modular bumper like jcgcbns22 then no drilling required and you can just buy a bar from one of the many suppliers. If you have the capable bumper (which is why you are asking I suspect), then yes, you have to drill the bumper to mount anything.

For the MY22 Badlands the HD bumper was no longer standard and when my order got switched from MY21 to MY22 I didn't notice the change.

I didn't follow any instructions, I just started removing the grill and trim to take apart the entire front. I thought I might be able to gain enough access to drill and mount the bar without removing the bumper. It turns out that removing the bumper was easier than taking the grill and trim off. Even with my 11 year old son "helping", it took less than an hour to remove and drill the bumper, then mount the bar and replace the bumper.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DJ1

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the offer. I’m on the road right now I’m not near my bronco but I do have another question if you don’t mind. Where are the feet of the bar mount to the bumper, is there any contact with the painted bodywork that sits above the bumper and below the grill with the bar? I saw one picture from the side but I can’t tell how much clearance you have. I like the idea but want to make sure that there’s no contact between the bodywork and the bar when it’s mounted as you have it. It doesn’t look like there’s a whole lot of room to push it any further forward and away from the grill/bodywork. Have you noticed any paint rubbing? Again I appreciate your help.
I don't think there is any contact or rubbing. (I hope not, I thought I was pretty careful with the location)

I will take some closeups tomorrow so you can see the clearance all around.

rancid53

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier Prox4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have the HD modular bumper like jcgcbns22 then no drilling required and you can just buy a bar from one of the many suppliers. If you have the capable bumper (which is why you are asking I suspect), then yes, you have to drill the bumper to mount anything.

For the MY22 Badlands the HD bumper was no longer standard and when my order got switched from MY21 to MY22 I didn't notice the change.

I didn't follow any instructions, I just started removing the grill and trim to take apart the entire front. I thought I might be able to gain enough access to drill and mount the bar without removing the bumper. It turns out that removing the bumper was easier than taking the grill and trim off. Even with my 11 year old son "helping", it took less than an hour to remove and drill the bumper, then mount the bar and replace the bumper.
cool to know. I’ll give it a shot this weekend

OP
OP
DJ1

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
cool to know. I’ll give it a shot this weekend
Good luck! I am sure there are videos out there on removing the bumper. I don't think you need to remove any trim or the grill. Leaving all that in place helps with the test fitting. Looking back, here is what I would have done:

1) disconnect fog lights, driver side connection (if you have them)
2) pop off plastic covers around tow hooks
3) remove 6 bolts
4) bumper will be loose at this point, be ready for it to fall
5) I seem to remember removing the plates around the tow hooks, maybe that was to make room to mount the bar?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DJ1

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco KC Lights on Capable Bumper bar 1
Ford Bronco KC Lights on Capable Bumper bar 2

Sponsored

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all your help and time taking pictures, I really appreciate it. I just ordered the bar - you were a great help!

Reactions: DJ1

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bar is on order. Should be here this weekend. I'm going with a pair of my Rigid SR-Q lights up front on the bar. I want low profile as to not get in the way of my forward camera.
Ford Bronco KC Lights on Capable Bumper 285232623_586743183004849_4067714821918432532_n

284887611_1135474270398740_2693968344962981474_n.jpg

bronco_quig

Outer Banks
First Name
Kieron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 AMG E53, 1978 Z-28, 1970 C-10
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow! I can’t believe our Bronco has a twin…

5D6D524F-66A2-4B57-9309-1B39263506D2.jpeg

C8C1C55F-271B-4513-9B52-CC4498DE2BB5.jpeg

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love it, now you just need the smiley face covers.

MO BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Fab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great was hoping there might be a solution for a bush bar and lights on my capable bumper.
Does anyone know if my camera would be blocked if I just run 2 ROUND KC lights on this bar.
Sponsored