Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Following - Thanks guys, I was contemplating getting a whole new bumper (sill might??) but this gives me hope for the capable bumper and a bar !
In the same boat. I have diode elite's and don't really want to start over. Easier to put a bar on and add some light and maybe a light bar between the bumper and grille and just drill 2 holes to mount. Something like the rigid midnight would hide well.
Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you feel the guard provides a lot of protection or would a deer or animal just tear it off the top of the bumper and do a lot of damage. How sturdy is it when mounted? Any wiggle? Just wanting an opinion if it is worth it for protection or just not install it because it would not matter much. Thank you!
it is pretty solid and would provide the grille with a little added protection but not like a full blown brush guard or bigger bumper. I've already used it to push down some brush when running out to my trail cams for deer season. It worked good and has no damage :)

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the look this bar has on the capable bumper. Thanks for sharing đź‘Ť

MaddSkillzzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Morris Minor Traveller
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me know if you wind up moving that hole backwards and cleaning up the front. That’s exactly what my plan is gonna be. Give a little more room to push it forward, and not have that little piece overhanging the bumper
Why not try throwing a washer under the bar in back to give a little clearance instead of welding, grinding and drilling? Might be worth a try.

Bertha

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just received this nudge bar and love the option for the capable bumper. Obviously don’t want it to rub the paint but also don’t want the mounting bracket sticking out over the bumper. Considering adding some quarter inch steel spacers behind the bumper when mounting to bring it out just a hair. Has anyone tried this?

Sponsored

fiatlux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going for a sort-of retro look with the KC lights with stone guards. Pretty simple to attach the bar and wire the lights in to aux switches. Center spot to Aux 2 and outboard driving lights to Aux 1.

front corner 2.jpg
Front KC.jpg
KC.jpg
Which KC lights are those?

Vladandtanobronco

Base
First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the same boat. I have diode elite's and don't really want to start over. Easier to put a bar on and add some light and maybe a light bar between the bumper and grille and just drill 2 holes to mount. Something like the rigid midnight would hide well.
h
I was going for a sort-of retro look with the KC lights with stone guards. Pretty simple to attach the bar and wire the lights in to aux switches. Center spot to Aux 2 and outboard driving lights to Aux 1.

front corner 2.jpg
Front KC.jpg
KC.jpg
looks awesome! i don't have the capable bumer....only the standard plastic one. Do you mind sharing the dimensions of the plate? i looked at the pictures and read that it is a 2" diameter pipe, but the plate looks about 3"X2.5"? The plastic standard bumper does not have very much room on it and wanted to see if you could measure and let me know? i called Rugged Ridge to get details and all they could share was the 2" diameter...and unfortunately they didn't have any other information,.

OP
OP
DJ1

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
h

looks awesome! i don't have the capable bumer....only the standard plastic one. Do you mind sharing the dimensions of the plate? i looked at the pictures and read that it is a 2" diameter pipe, but the plate looks about 3"X2.5"? The plastic standard bumper does not have very much room on it and wanted to see if you could measure and let me know? i called Rugged Ridge to get details and all they could share was the 2" diameter...and unfortunately they didn't have any other information,.
I will measure when I get home. Won’t be for a few days.

CentralFLBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone have any thoughts on this working for the standard bumper?

Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the JCR winch plate on order. Will this have the clearance to go over the top of the winch? I really like that look, but with the capable bumper they are few and far between.

XPerties

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The link to this shows me package deals. Is there a link that sells just the light bar?

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The link to this shows me package deals. Is there a link that sells just the light bar?
Here it is on the Rugged Ridged website. No matter which model Jeep you select it comes up with the same price and part number. Nudge Bar

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@DJ1 + @ColeTrain84 - does the bar mounting plate end up flush with the front edge of the bumper or does it extend slightly past? How much gap is there from the back of the bar to the bottom edge of the grill?

Can either of you post a closeup of that area on both sides? Thanks in advance.

PS...what size button head bolts did you use to mount the bar to the bumper?
Sponsored

Last edited: